“Mixed Feelings”

Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Ladenburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

As I have family in Ladenburg I've been in Caffehaus several times already.
The food is decent with special focus on sesonal dishes (great Duck in December for instance), cofee good, drinks interesting.
But the service...The smile is at scarce and the waiters (aspecialy one) are so serious and distant I feel uncomfortable at such place. Rather generous tip has not helped and we didn't receive neither "thak you nor "goodbye" and there was no reason for that on our side - we are normal, welll mannered people, not a bunch of hooligans ;).
When you work in service, close to people, such kind of behaviour is rather starnge, or maybe I'm from a different world?

1  Thank ROSEFLOWER7-7

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We (couple with 3-year-old son) liked the atmosphere and ordered lunch. The place was quite noisy and the food was only OK. Maybe for coffee or brunch would be a better option. In the end, was average, for the price we would expect a little more.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I visited with a group, OK food, although my impression was that the primary focus is on being really a coffee-house. The price/value ratio is OK and the location in the center of the old town is also good. They offer a relatively wide variety of sweets also.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

A warm atmosphere, pleasant decor, and it overlooks the market square where Ladenburg holds its small but colourful Christmas market. I have been here a number of times during summer months, and have sat outside, thus a nice change to experience the inside.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We cycled to Ladenburg to meet friends who recommended the Kaffehaus. Great location in the Marktplatz, with plenty of outside tables and lovely interior dining area. While we only sipped beer, the meals delivered to nearby tables looked great. It was Sunday brunch time - a variety of egg dishes, pastries, charcuterie platters with inviting frothy coffees. The menu featured a variety of other dishes from salads, sandwiches to main dishes. Child, dog and bicycle friendly! I will say that our service was rather slow, spotty though we were in the outer section of outdoor tables.