“Stunning Chalet with Top Notch Service”

Review of Chalet Rubicon

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Luxurious modern living area with SONOS and Netflix 4K TV
Relax by the piste and by the fire
decadent dining area
bespoke luxury modern sauna
All rooms can be configured single or double, all en-suite
Finish design detail
stunning main kitchen. Seperate kitchen on first floor as well
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
alitawfiq
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
“Extremely poor houskeeping, maintenance and extrmely rude unfriendly chalet owners”
Reviewed October 3, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Because it was not my first time to visit Chamonix, I preferred to choose a different chalet than my previous one. Unfortunately and contrary to last year, this chalet was totally different. Other reason why I have chosen this chalet was the excellent reviews, the photos of the chalet and the reduced price of it.

The chalet owners however showed rudeness few seconds after contacted them through their business cell phones ( I have got blocked for both numbers on the Whats app application which i thought would be an easier way for communication. I did the same last year and it was so successful and efficient communication). Overcoming that could have been eliminated after I communicated by email and asked the owner to have another phone to communicate with and to unblock my number on the first number. The second number had been given (which I had been blocked on after the check out when I was asking to re-credit my card for the damage deposit that had been withdrawn and agreed to be returned after two days of the check out but not deposited until after 8 days) but the blockage issue was totally ignored.

On arrival I was expecting a chalet representative to be in the chalet to meet me and explain the chalet ( I understand from the owner that this should have been booked through "meet and greet" which I don't agree how it should be) which had never been done. I noticed also that the chalet cleanliness was extremely poor. Examples include: stains, dirt, and spots on every couch, sofas and chairs of the chalet, burnt lamps, damaged outdoor Jacuzzi (hot tub) cover. malfunctioning of the Jacuzzi and the sauna with no specific instructions of operating those. The dining table top lighting were disgusting full of dead flies and insects.Those are only few examples and I have taken lots of pictures while i was there to document all of that. I was very upset and hence sent the owner that I was not happy for the cleanliness of the chalet and the chalet maintenance. Next day a cleaner was sent, who was polite, but i was having my breakfast and asked her to come back after one hour. When she came in I changed my mind as i thought cleaning and maintenance will take long time, because of the condition of the chalet, and that should have been done prior to my arrival not from my own time and decided with my family to do the cleaning, as needed, but not the maintenance ourselves to save our time. I did convey the message to the owner. The cleaner had though been shown the conditions of the chalet and some of the photos I have taken.The chalet owner answered me back rudely with a sound of threat that since they offered the cleaning, this subject is closed.

I have also gave the owner some suggestions to improve their service but rudely was ignored. Chalet owners communication skills are obviously so poor.

Beside all of the above, the chalet design was good and the views are also good.

In short though, I will never go back to this chalet, and will never recommend to anyone to go there and not to be deceived by the reduced price.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Oct 5, 2017
Dear Ali, 1 star amongst the many 5 star reviews we have received for our beautiful chalet. What a shame. Here is our side of the story:
You contacted me on whatsapp with a photo of yourself and the message only said 'hi'...As such I thought you were a spoof and blocked you. When I then received your email I replied to you and gave you an alternative number for you to contact. I have never been approached through watsapp for a booking enquiry, this is a social media channel for personal use not business use in my opinion.
You booked the chalet on a self catered basis and as such there are no services included in your stay? and nor do we promise these. There is a welcome pack in the chalet explaining everything about the chalet features including the sauna and hot tub.
As soon as you expressed an issue with the cleanliness we sent our cleaner to you in the morning. You made her wait one hour, then you showed her pictures of crumbs in the toaster, a dead spider and a live spider and some dead flies within a glass lamp and a small stain on the couch. She offered to sort these things out for you immediately but you refused her assistance. As such indeed we consider the matter closed and it is disappointing to now find your complaint about it on this public forum. We were disappointed in return by your behaviour towards our female member of staff whom you intimidated by shouting in her face upon checkout.
Your security deposit was taken from your card as per the terms and conditions on booking.com and you were already re-imbursed after 8 days (rather than the stated 2 weeks, not 2 days!).
Nonetheless, we are pleased to hear you liked the chalet.
Bien Cordialement
Adventure...
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Stunning Chalet with Top Notch Service”
Reviewed April 13, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Chalet Rubicon has to be the most stunning chalet in the Chamonix valley. The accommodation is lovely. Our group stayed in the top floor bedrooms which were perfect for us - comfortable beds and deluxe bathrooms. We thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub. But the highlight had to be the amazing standard of food, wine and service by chalet hosts Lauren and Sion. Thank you - you were brilliant! Nothing was too much trouble and the evening meals were the highlight of our day xx

Apr 14, 2017
Dear Carolyn. We are so pleased you enjoyed Rubicon and Lauren & Sion had a great time with you all. Hopefully we can welcome you all again soon. Perhaps a larger group can take the whole chalet. Of course we will offer an excellent return guest price ;-)
Enjoy the spring and summer

Renske Damian and team at iceandorange Chamonix
Steve R
Leeds, United Kingdom
“5* Chalet, 5* food....wonderful hosts.”
Reviewed March 20, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I recently booked Chalet Rubicon for a work trip for a group of 14 of us. My initial impressions were great, the owner suggested a call via Facetime which gave a personal touch from the outset, he provided a balanced/objective view, taking on board our requirements and providing infomation that i felt helped me to make an informed decision as to where to stay. I'm pleased to say that website pics are a very accurate portrayal of the Chalet....it really is as good as the pics suggest. What i didnt expect was food and hospitality to such a high standard, many in our group are "foodies", some even claim to have dined in the best restaurants that the world has to offer....and even they were impressed. Chef James and host Gayle were superb. I really cant credit the quality of the food enough. Les Houches itself was a little lacking in busy Apre ski....however the team were available at short notice to taxi us to Chamonix as required. Massive thank you to Damien, Renske, James and Gayle.....i hope to be returning at some point soon.

Mar 22, 2017
Dear Steve, thank you so much for your kind words, you were great guests and we would be thrilled to welcome you back in the future!
Kind Regards Renske and the team
skachour
Cairo, Egypt
“Amazing yearly getaway for my family”
Reviewed March 11, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Its the second year in a row my family and I stay in the Rubicon chalet. Everything about the chalet is perfect. Size of the chalet, cleanliness, location, services, ALL !!
The fact that this is a ski in ski out chalet is priceless. The amazing glass windows that expose the beautiful mountains is absolutely magical.
The owners of the Rubicon, make it so easy for the guests to come and enjoy a therapeutic vacation. We are provided with help starting from Geneva airport transfer to ski rentals, ski passes, cleaner and even babysitting!
My family and I hope to be able to go every year.

Simon H
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Luxury Chamonix Chalet”
Reviewed February 9, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

A fantastic high end luxury chalet in the heart of Les Houches, Chamonix. This must be one of the best in Chamonix valley. We organised a client trip and needed a luxury chalet to entertain our guests. Chalet Rubicon did not disappoint. The quality of the recent comprehensive refurbishment is second to none with high end fixtures, fittings and furniture. The main lounge kitchen diner area is stunning with fantastic views and is significantly bigger than it appears in the photographs. The individual rooms are finished to a very high standard and are superbly comfortable. There are the usual extras such as hot tub and sauna with other helpful features including Sonos sound system etc.

Having stayed in Les Houches a number of times the location could hardly be better. Many places claim to be ski to door however this is the first that I have literally skied to the front door. The Kandahar downhill run ends in the back garden of Chalet Rubicon with the main Bellevue Cable Car directly opposite taking you directly to the slopes. Les Houches isn't the biggest of villages however there are a handful of bars and restaurants if needed.

If you are looking for a truly spectacular luxury chalet in the Chamonix area Rubicon would be a very difficult proposition to beat. It is perfect in every way.

Kind regards

Simon

Feb 11, 2017
wonderful kind words simon. we loved having you all and hope to host you all again soon.

renske
janeelvey
London, United Kingdom
“company ski break 2017”
Reviewed February 3, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Booked Chalet Rubicon for our anual partners ski vaction with our company.
The setting was perfect. Next to the lifts of Les Houches and we could ski back to the garden. The snow was not excellent in Chamonix at this time but the team guided us to the best spots with the help of Thierry and we had a very relaxing experience. Phils food was delicious and the wine selection from Damian (owner) was super!

You can tell a lot of love, detial and attention has gone into the design of the chalet, and really nice touch was the book of the rennovation left to view in the library.

booked again for next year already in late March

Your age range 35-49
Feb 4, 2017
dear juliet

thanks for your kind words and it was lovely to meet your group and help arrange your trip. hope you can come back soon. from a snowy chamonix ....
Annemieke...
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Amazing chalet with stunning views”
Reviewed May 4, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

What an amazing find! The chalet is brand new, the standard of each room is very high. Lovely large, light rooms, with beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The view from the sauna is breathtakingly stunning....looking down the Cham valley with view onto the Mont Blanc. The kitchen is equipped with plenty of cooking facilities, perfect to cater for large groups. The hot tub outside offers great views over the valley. The chalet is located very conveniently....right on the Kandahar slope.....it is a true ski-in, ski-out chalet. But you are also within walking distance of Les Houches, so very convenient for stores and restaurants if you fancy going out. I can highly recommend this chalet.... I will definitely return some time soon! Can't wait!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing