“Great little find”

Restaurant le Basilic
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Les Houches
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: temporarily Restaurant is close finish season,Open around 05 December.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Ate here at New Year. Party of 8 with a mixture of adults and children. Great surroundings and very sound food - but a pleasing mix of Savoyard and more mainstream (I always find that the children are not always up for that hard care Savoyard fare?). They enjoyed good pasta and there was a good children's menu for the very little ones. Tartiflette was good - not the best I've ever had but perfectly good -with an excellent, well dressed salad. Prices not bad and service very pleasant. All in all a really nice night!

1  Thank bearsontour_10

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My Family and I dined here on Christmas day. The restaurant is right in the centre of Les Houches and is a small French run, personal venue. With about 25 covers it is small, but they have a great menu and the chef certainly delivers. They have a small but varied wine list and could not do enough with the service. Loved it. Definitely worth a visit

1  Thank Clarky72
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Put this restaurant on your list of places to visit, excellent value for money, Elisabeth and Jerome offer, scrumptious food, beautifully presented, with a varied menu, choice of vegetarian dishes.......yes in France now that really is a bonus, freindly staff, very helpful and willing make your dining experience with them the perfect evening. We have been many times previously and will definately be going again.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I just have a truly amazing meal at Basilic. When I visit France, I'm a fiend for a warm goat cheese salad and he very best I've had was at Basilic. Simply wonderful, with bacon that was served like florets. The house white was a local dry white that was not expensive, but tasted so. My entree was a very good lamb "steak" in a brown thyme sauce. I only wish I'd had room for dessert.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

My Girlfriend and I stayed in Les Houches for a ski trip at the Hotel Slalom. Tracey recommended and we are thankful she did.

Our meal started with a dried beef Carpaccio with balsamic vinegar and shaved parmesan that was phenomenal. For the main course the Duck Confit was fall off the bone delicious with nice crispy skin. My Girlfriend had the lamb which she finished and wondered if it would be uncouth to lick the plate clean. For dessert we shared the fromage blanc with caramel that was a perfect end to the dinner.

The restaurant is small so make a reservation. Quaint decorations and a cozy atmosphere. The staff speaks english and are helpful with reccomendations and the service was as quick as you wanted it to be. When we return to Les Houches this will be the first place we eat.