The Chateau de Bouceel was exquisite. We stayed two nights there in the Oncle Francois Room. This room was spacious, with two sitting chairs, a desk with chair, fireplace (although I am not sure if it is useable), a king bed, dressing area and expansive bathroom that had a shower-tub combination. The room was decorated in period furnishings and was beautifully appointed. There were three large windows that looked out to the yard with a pond and farmland beyond. The setting was beautiful. The Chateau sits well off the road and we never heard any noise from traffic, planes, trucks, or even the geese that live by the pond. We also could hear nothing from the adjoining rooms. The breakfast was excellent, with cereal, pastries, toast, juice, coffee and tea. Although the Chateau is beautiful and the room magnificent, we were particularly taken by the history of the Chateau and the hospitality of the Count and Countess de Roquefeuil. Count de Roquefeuil spent a great deal of time relating to us the history of both the house and his family during World War II. He is also a great source for dinner recommendations as the Chateau only serves breakfast. The Chateau is about a 15 minute drive to Avranches, a 20 minute drive to Mont-St. Michel, and 55 minutes to St. Malo. One of the highlights of our trip to this area was visiting the American Cemetery in nearby St. James. All in all, this is an absolutely beautiful chateau and we would highly recommend it for the history, the character, the charm, and the comfort of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18kms away from Mont Saint Michel the chateau is still a family home. Built in 1763, it sits in a quiet park with lakes, island, age old trees. The interior boasts super carved wood panels, parquets floors, period antiques, family portraits blending harmoniously with modern comfort and stylish bathrooms. Your hosts, Nicole and Regis, will welcome you as friends and share the enjoyment of their home. Breakfast included in rate. Non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Chateau de Bouceel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bouceel Vergoncey, Normandy, France
- Chateau De Bouceel Hotel Vergoncey