My husband and I had the most wonderful experience at the Chateau de Bouceel! Every aspect of our stay was superb. In late May, we spent two nights in the Saddlery. It was a few steps from the main house. The Saddlery was perfect -- it was private and quiet with a comfortable sitting room, a fully stocked kitchen, a large bathroom and three bedrooms (a full bed, twin beds and a baby bed). The full bed was very comfortable and we both slept soundly with the windows open with a nice breeze. The main house and grounds are spectacular – the perfect French Chateau -- but the stars of the stay are the charming and impeccable hosts, the Count and Countess Regis de Roquefeuil. Because my husband and I are history fans, the Count recounted the amazing history of his family and the Chateau. The location is perfect for visiting Mont Ste Michel (20 minutes) , D-Day areas (1.5 hours) and the Brittany area. However, if you stay at the Chateau, I urge you to block extra time at breakfast to chat with Count de Roquefeuil and view his WWII memorabilia. The Count also advised us regarding wonderful restaurants and day trips. My favorite part of the stay was at the Memorial Day ceremony at the Brittany American Cemetery, where I had the honor to visit the American soldier the de Roquefeuil family has adopted. The Countess cut flowers from the Chateau's beautiful garden and placed them on his grave. My only wish is that we could have spent more time at peaceful and lovely Chateau de Bouceel. We definitely will return and next time for an extended stay!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18kms away from Mont Saint Michel the chateau is still a family home. Built in 1763, it sits in a quiet park with lakes, island, age old trees. The interior boasts super carved wood panels, parquets floors, period antiques, family portraits blending harmoniously with modern comfort and stylish bathrooms. Your hosts, Nicole and Regis, will welcome you as friends and share the enjoyment of their home. Breakfast included in rate. Non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Chateau de Bouceel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bouceel Vergoncey, Normandy, France
- Chateau De Bouceel Hotel Vergoncey