It is ranked as the top recommended place to stay - and rightly so!
The chateau is a real, untouched 18th century estate full of charm.
Do not expect television, renovated rooms, elevators plastic or stailess steel.
It is a romantic truely old chateau and Regis (the owner) gives you the impression that you are a guest visiting his home.
Devote some time to hear the stories about the family and the place, you will get a new perspective and adire the libarary with it's books from the last 300 years.
Take a stroll in the property. You will meet the cats, the well fed donkeys and the capibaras that swim in the pond.
It is a magnicent place to stay away from the tourist traps surrounding the Mont st. Michel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18kms away from Mont Saint Michel the chateau is still a family home. Built in 1763, it sits in a quiet park with lakes, island, age old trees. The interior boasts super carved wood panels, parquets floors, period antiques, family portraits blending harmoniously with modern comfort and stylish bathrooms. Your hosts, Nicole and Regis, will welcome you as friends and share the enjoyment of their home. Breakfast included in rate. Non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Chateau de Bouceel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bouceel Vergoncey, Normandy, France
- Chateau De Bouceel Hotel Vergoncey