We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a coach trip to Paris. Hotel is very basic throughout, from the rooms to the restaurant, food and staff.
The first room we were put in was on the ground floor and at the back of the hotel, near the laundry and cleaning storage area, not very pleasant at all. The room was VERY basic, no heating and very small with a wet room for a bathroom. The bed was large but very hard, although the bedding was clean and the pillows nice and soft. We complained about the lack of heating in the room to which the hotel receptionist was very rude and said the housekeeper would look at the following day. I involved the tour guide when he returned to the hotel later that evening and she explained to him that she had misunderstood me and would move us straight away. She did not misunderstand me at all -she was just rude!!!
The room we were moved to was a floor higher but still at the back of the hotel right above the generator or something that made a lot of noise, but at least the room was slightly bigger and warm!
The noise did not particularly bother us, but I have read other reviews which mention this. So be warned - room 101.
The breakfast was a basic continental breakfast, with very limited and not replenished very often.
Restaurant was not open during the evening whilst we were there for 3 nights!? And they stopped serving drinks between 10.30/11pm! Every time you went to the bar the price was different!
What was good about the hotel was the location for Paris and Disney. The train/bus station are only a short walk away and you can get into Paris in about 30 mins, we bought an all day ticket, which allowed us to use the train, metro and bus and it cost 16 euro each. Disney is only 3 stops away and that cost us 6 euro each.
There is a large shopping centre complex very close by and there are about 5/6 restaurants there to use in the evening if needs be. We went to the steakhouse/grill and had a lovely meal which was reasonable priced
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Campanile hotel is located in Torcy, 17 miles east of Paris. It offers air conditioned accommodations with free Wi-Fi access and free on-site private parking.A continental breakfast is served daily and the Campanile Torcy Marne-La-Vallée has a bar and restaurant.The Campanile Torcy Marne-La-Vallée is a 10 minute walk from Torcy RER train station which offers direct access to central Paris and Disneyland Resort Paris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Louvre hotels, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Torcy Hotel Marne-La-Vallee
- Campanile Torcy Marne La Vallée
- Campanile Marne La Vallee Torcy Marne-La-Vallee