“Basic”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Torcy
Stoke On Trent
“Basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a coach trip to Paris. Hotel is very basic throughout, from the rooms to the restaurant, food and staff.
The first room we were put in was on the ground floor and at the back of the hotel, near the laundry and cleaning storage area, not very pleasant at all. The room was VERY basic, no heating and very small with a wet room for a bathroom. The bed was large but very hard, although the bedding was clean and the pillows nice and soft. We complained about the lack of heating in the room to which the hotel receptionist was very rude and said the housekeeper would look at the following day. I involved the tour guide when he returned to the hotel later that evening and she explained to him that she had misunderstood me and would move us straight away. She did not misunderstand me at all -she was just rude!!!
The room we were moved to was a floor higher but still at the back of the hotel right above the generator or something that made a lot of noise, but at least the room was slightly bigger and warm!
The noise did not particularly bother us, but I have read other reviews which mention this. So be warned - room 101.
The breakfast was a basic continental breakfast, with very limited and not replenished very often.
Restaurant was not open during the evening whilst we were there for 3 nights!? And they stopped serving drinks between 10.30/11pm! Every time you went to the bar the price was different!
What was good about the hotel was the location for Paris and Disney. The train/bus station are only a short walk away and you can get into Paris in about 30 mins, we bought an all day ticket, which allowed us to use the train, metro and bus and it cost 16 euro each. Disney is only 3 stops away and that cost us 6 euro each.

There is a large shopping centre complex very close by and there are about 5/6 restaurants there to use in the evening if needs be. We went to the steakhouse/grill and had a lovely meal which was reasonable priced

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Audrey P, Directeur général at Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, as it gives us a good feedback about your stay in our hotel.

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay. We regret that our hotel didn’t better meet with your expectations as we would have wish to provide you with a higher service.

We tend to offer an adequate service as well as accurate facilities following our hotel’s quality standards, which aims to be more functional and affordable. At least, we are happy that you enjoyed the convenient location of your hotel.

Regarding the heating system, we will check in all the rooms if the system is working well. Regarding the noise, we will check the room in question to evaluate which solutions could be etablished to resolve the situation.

We ensure you that we will do our best to take your precious comments into consideration in order to improve our service quality in the future.

We would like to thank you again for your message as it really helps us to improve our service.

We hope to have to pleasure to see you back during a next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Took group of 60 school students. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms small, basic but adequate. Breakfast great, dinner also good value if not vegetarian. As with most French hotels, vegetarianism is a bit of an alien concept. Plenty of salad stuff on the starter buffet, so you won't starve though. Have used this hotel for the same trip for several years, and happy to continue to do so.

Room Tip: Hotel only replenishes complementary tea once so take your own tea bags and coffee and cup if you wa...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Audrey P, Directeur général at Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor after your stay in our hotel. We are very pleased to read that you had a great time with us as well as your group of students. It was a real pleasure to meet all of you during these few days we spent together.

Regarding the vegetarian offer in our restaurant, we will take your comment into consideration in order to improve this area of our food offer, and more especially to better meet one of our foreign guests ‘expectation.

We thank you again for your feedback about our hotel. We really appreciate it as it helps us to both improve the quality of the service we offer and better serve our customers.

We hope you will continue to choose our hotel for your next trips. We would be very glad to meet you again and hope to see you back during your next stay.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Though slightly far from main Paris city, it is very conveniently located.I stayed here for 2 nights during my trip to Paris.Rooms,though small, are well kept and with the required utilities.Beds are good with comforters.My room was on the ground floor with beautiful view of the lawns in the front dotted with rose plants.Staff are smart and friendly.The best part of my stay here was the buffet breakfast which was very elaborate with varieties of cereals,breads,cookies,eggs,fruits,juices and hot beverages et al.The guest lounge and recption lobby were really very good excellent sofas.I suggest them to keep some magazines in English since all reading materials were in French.

I definitely recommend this property to the Budget travellers to Paris.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Audrey P, Directeur général at Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Customer,
We acquainted with your comment and we thank you for it. We are happy to notice that you appreciated the situation of our hotel, near Disneyland and at 25 minutes of the center of Paris. We are delighted to notice that you appreciated our breakfast with a large choice, and the view of the room too. We shall not miss to congratulate our teams about the welcome which they reserved you during your stay. The comments of our customers are always source of improvement. Looking forward to seeing again you.
Ankara, Turkey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

It was the worst hotel i stayed in. I couldn't sleep because the rooms were too small, there was just enough space for bed. And the heater wasn't working. Also the sheets smelled funny.
Plus if you are there to go around Paris, this place is way too out of the city center. The only nice thing was breakfast.

Stayed October 2013
Audrey P, Directeur général at Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Customer,
We acquainted with your comment and we thank you for it. We regret that you did not appreciate the size of our rooms which correspond to the standard of our group. We are happy to notice that you appreciated our breakfast. The comments of our customers are always source of improvement. Looking forward to seeing again you.

Travelers are raving about these Torcy hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels as I work away of a week and I have never felt the need to write a review, until now.

My reservation was made through a company called HRS. This company send billing instructions to the hotel and to the guest that clearly state that the guest does not pay and that the payment should be charged to the card used to make the payment. When I arrived at the hotel, the girl on reception had all these documents printed out and highlighted and confirmed with me that I do not pay.

When I was checking out, the man on the reception refused to let me leave. He said I needed to pay and there was no proof that I do not need to pay. A girl arrived and started to deal with me and she also said I needed to pay. I showed her the billing instructions from HRS but she said she didn't care and that I needed to pay. When I said I didn't they called security and said they would ring the police. Something which was completely unnecessary. I was angry but I was by no means threatening. I also said I would wait in the reception until I could speak to someone else.

I was so humilated by these members of staff. If you are on business and you are not the person who needs to pay then do not stay here. I've emailed the manager of the hotel but I'm not holding my breath for a reply.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Melissa F
Audrey P, Directeur général at Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Customer,
We acquainted with your comment and we thank you for it. We are very sorry about the inconvenience that you have received in ou hotel during your arrival. I am going to accompany my employees to improve our welcome. Conscious of our error, our front office manager sent you an email which you did not apparently have to apologize. He also immediately made the rembousement of the room after your departure. The comments of our customers are always source of improvement. Looking forward to seeing again you
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a brief review of the meal eaten in the restaurant by the group of teenage students I took here for a meal during our trip to Disney. I can't comment on rooms etc.
If I were asked to design a menu for 50 14/15 year olds I would not serve gazpacho as a starter. Most tried it and left it. I ate mine and can only say it was average. The main course was atrocious - half a plate of green beans and a very skinny chicken (we think!) leg. No potatoes, rice etc! I have never seen so much food thrown away. It was rubbish. There was a salad bar and sweet tray left untouched in the centre of the restaurant because students weren't allowed to access it. There was a hot lamp keeping cuts of meat warm and untouched all evening. Again, students not allowed to touch it! We actually took 2 groups of 50 and word passed from the first group to the second to such an extent that the second group didn't even want to stay for the desert!
This review us designed simply as a warning to anyone whose Tour Company books them in here for a meal with students. Service was satisfactory but the students voted with their plates! None of the adults accompanying the trip were able to finish their plates either.

• Stayed July 2013
South Gloucestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed two nights in a family room at this hotel in July 2013. It was a prolonged stopover en route from the Cote d'Azur back to Calais and the UK, giving us time for a day in Paris. Ease of access to central Paris, while avoiding central Paris prices and having to drive in the city itself, was therefore important, and the Campanile at Torcy is very convenient in these respects.

Road access from the motorway network (finally from the A104) is very easy and there is ample parking. Travel into Paris via the RER is also easy, as the station is about 10 minutes walk and the train journey only about half an hour. When we left at 8am, we quickly and easily made our way up the A104 past CDG and onto the A1. That was a Sunday, however, and we can't comment on traffic density on other days, though the route would still be straightforward.

The room was comfortable and clean, though I would class the air conditioning as mediocre. We had to change rooms an hour after arriving because the air conditioning in the first room was not working at all. In the second room, it was not very good, but it made the room cool enough in the end for us to sleep soundly. The beds were comfortable and the shower excellent.

We did not book breakfast, which we thought overpriced, but we did eat in the restaurant on the first evening. Service was very friendly and efficient and the food quality good. Most main courses seemed to be in the price range 10-13 euros. Draught beer was very expensive at 6.90 euros but a generous glass of red wine set us back only 2.80.

The walkways to rooms on all floors appear to have been recently treated with some sort of rubber coating. I say "recently" because there was still a faint odour, which is not detectable in the rooms and which is surely fading rapidly. This made the walkways very quiet and we were not disturbed by other residents or by the luggage trolley.

One other convenient factor is that there is a Carrefour a short distance away with an associated 24 hour petrol station (pay at pump out of hours).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MSandB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torcy
Kyriad Marne-la-Vallee Torcy
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee
#2 of 2 in St.-Thibault-des-Vignes
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee Val d'Europe

Been to Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy? Share your experiences!