“Celtic Hotel, Auray”

Celtic Hotel
Celtic Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Auray
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were given a very small room, in spite of booking well in advance, for four days, and only discovered on leaving that there were larger ones. There was not room to open a case without impeding the door opening: a bit like being in a camper van. The staff were friendly but not very interested and we did not feel particularly welcome,

Rooms were clean and the breakfasts were very good. The hotel was located in a maze of narrow one-way streets and even after three days we found arriving by car somewhat nerve-racking

Room Tip: Some rooms are very small.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Happened on this hotel by chance. Our room was spotless clean and very chique. The staff were extremely helpful and a wonderful breakfast was served in the morning. I would strongly recommend a stay in this hotel.
J Quinn Ireland

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed it very much. The hotel is well located in Auray and there is a free parking area located just opposite which is very useful. Our rooms were very good, not large, but everything was there and they were very clean. The shower was a very good size and I loved the large shower head! I also welcome the tea/coffee making facility in the room - one suggestion though to the management, please add some sachets of milk (I bought some in the end). I'm British and I like milk in my tea! Breakfast was also very good, with plenty of choice and worth the EUR 9 charged. The staff were very friendly and helpful with tips on restaurants to go to, places to visit, etc. All in all, it was a very good stay and I would go there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side facing the parking area - it's a lot quieter. My room was on the fron...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were in Auray enroute to the west coast, we wanted to visit the market on the Monday. The hotel was well situated. Our room was very small, the bathroom also. However, it was clean, and we got a warm welcome from an English lady on the reception. It was a very hot day and no air conditioning, we were given a fan, but it make absolutely no impact, so had to leave the windows open.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have to say that there wasn't anything wrong at all with the room. It was absolutely clean; the bed was super comfy; the bathroom was quite big with brand new fixtures.

We stayed in the room right off of the breakfast room on the ground floor, which has its own entrance on the street, so you don't have to deal with opening up the main door of the the hotel and walking up the narrow stairs to get to your room. (I saw one of the rooms on the 3rd floor, and it was super tiny.) It's also great if you are a smoker because you can just open the door and have a cigarette.

The only problem with room, besides the price, was in the morning you could hear all the activity in the breakfast room. My girlfriend sleeps like a log and was woken at about 8am (I sleep with earplugs.).

The hotel is situated a bit far from the port area, which is where you want to be at night and during the day to have lunch, dinner, and or drinks. There are some decent places to buy stuff near the hotel for a picnic down in the port area.

Overall, though, I have to say that I don't think the room was worth 65 euros. 45 maybe.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Very nice hotel in Auray. All the rooms are very clean, including the bathrooms, which compensates the not very big size of the rooms. Breakfast is also adecuate. Easy to park your car opposite the hotel entrance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The hotel is well situated, being in the heart of the pattiserie, charcuterie and shopping area, lots of cafes and restaurants within 100 metres and a nice stroll down to the Port of St Gustain - about 5-7 minutes through the town. I didn't have a car so this suited me very well.

The hotel room was immaculately clean, a wonderful duvet and pillows and a kettle and tea to use, sitting at the desk using the free wifi.

The bathroom also was spotless and the room felt cosy, with its own decoration style that meant it felt more home-like. Despite being summer, the days were wet and cold, but the bathroom had a heated towel rack for the wet layers and the room was a comfortable temperature. I didn't bother with breakfast since there are so many cafes and boulangeries so close.

The printed material in the room said the staff would be happy to arrange tours, etc, and my only gripe was that I found them less than helpful in this regard. However, in the scheme of things, very good value for a french pub/hotel.

Room Tip: I chose a comfort plus. Located on the second floor. The walls were room...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo