Firstly, it's worth saying that without a car (or bicycle... or skateboard?), you wouldn't stay here. It's probably about 25 minutes drive to Paphos boardwalk area (but much closer to other beaches).
Thankfully, we had a car & got to enjoy Vasilias Nikoklis Inn. Unlike the many generic hotels in Cyprus, this one had charm. It was small, old, had flowers growing all over it's walls and trellises and always seemed to have chirping birds flying around. The view looked out over dry hills & valleys & the room was basic, but airy, comfortable, had a small balcony & exposed old beams.
In short, it was a lot like the sort of old Mediterranean small inn you imagine from decades ago.
Oh - and breakfast was great, sitting in the speckled sunlight under vines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vasilias Nikoklis Inn is a small traditional and family owned Cyprus inn and exclusive wedding venue.The inn stands on a bend on the west bank of the Dhiarizos river with views up the valley to the Troodos mountains and down the valley to the sea. Hemmed in by lemon and olive groves, it is a profusion of plants of every hue, from bougainvillea to fig trees and cool, grape covered dining terraces.The rustic surroundings offer the ideal place for your holidays away from the hustle and bustle of ordinary life, you can relax under the grapevine-covered terrace or by the swimming pool enjoying the sun.Located just after the village of Nikoklia, a peaceful village with traditional Cypriot charm and an air of sleepiness that makes you feel instantly at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Vasilias Nikoklis Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vasilias Nikoklis Hotel Nikoklia
- Vasilias Nikoklis Inn Cyprus/Nikoklia