“Island of Pag, Croatia's best kept hidden secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Boskinac

Hotel Boskinac
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Novalja
Canada
“Island of Pag, Croatia's best kept hidden secret”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Adriatic Motor tours definitely kept the best hotel for our last night in Croatia. Has many terraces facing different directions with beautiful flowering plants and trees. The staff very friendly and helpful. The room was huge with lots of windows and a California king bed. Beautifully decorated throughout this hotel. Dinner was amazing and had the daily fish as recommended by the gentleman who took care of us. The owner introduced himself (turned out that he was also the town mayor) and explained that they were entertaining various dignitaries from overseas. This place has its own winery and fresh produce. The staff accommodated us with an early breakfast as we had to catch a ferry and had the pleasure of meeting the mayor's wife. Our only regret was that we could not have spent more time there. A must stay if we get the chance to go to Croatia again. Once our trip was over I checked the reviews for this hotel and I agree 100% this is truly a place not to miss if you are planning a trip to Croatia and an ideal setting if you are planning on getting married.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Slovak first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. The hotel is situated on a unique island that looks other worldly - craggy rocks and severe landscape. Takes about 2 hours to drive to the tip of the island from the bridge to Pag, from the south. It is about 3 1/2 hours from Rovinj in Istria. There is a ferry so, you may need to add time to wait for the crossing. We booked the last room that was available on a whim and I am so glad we did! It was the suite. I think it was approx. 160 euros in mid September. The room was spacious with a tiny balcony that had a view of the vineyards and looked out to the countryside. It had two gorgeous modern bathrooms too and a big comfortable bed. We found that all the beds in Croatia are hard, but this was a little softer, thankfully. The reception was welcoming. They have an elevator - yay for those with mobility issues. They have wonderful common areas and a nice small selection of gifts in the lounge area. The pool was cold, but I went in anyway because it looked so inviting and clean. they will bring you wine poolside and it is a great place to sit and read. lot of comfortable lounging seats and areas to relax. We, of course, had dinner there. It was delicious - every dish. We created our own tasting menu - and wine by the glass so we could sample the different varietals. There was one disappointment. There was a bit of a mix up at the seating, another guest had chosen our table and they were not the most gracious in moving us. we also found the waiter to be a little rude and curt, but I forgave him because all else was magical, the food and wine exceptional, and it just wasn't worth it to be upset. The breakfast was also good, not as remarkable as the dinner, but diverse offerings. We sat on the balcony which was lovely way to start the day. They do need to step up the coffee a lot of notches. it was a machine and the machines always make the milk taste rotten and the coffee stale. kind of annoyed that I had to pay for a proper cappuccino too. it should be included in the breakfast since the coffee was revolting. We took a few wines home with us...help keep the memory fresh even from far away. We stayed 1 night, I wish we had stayed another. I highly recommend this hotel and restaurant. There we people from outside of the hotel eating dinner, so it seems to be open to the public as well. wiFi was spotty, but in a place like that...try to stay disconnected and enjoy the environment.

Room Tip: the suite was wonderful and large, small balcony with excellent views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelhappytraveler
North Vancouver
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you are getting married, looking for a intimate romantic destination wedding, or celebrating a special occassion or just want to spend some quality time with family and friends tucked away at a winery hotel then this is the best place on earth. My daughter recently got married at Hotel Boskinac and it was the most Magical , Dreamy wedding ever. The hotel is gorgeous, the grounds amazing, the food to die for, the wine... oh the wine..!!! and the staff and service was 5***... We travel alot and can't say enough about this lovely charming boutique hotel/winery. You must come and experience it for yourself. You will be in heaven like all 16 of us were . MIrela the owner will attend to your every need and will create the most beautiful wedding you could ever imagine...you will feel like a celebrity!! and If you have your reception in the winery with the beautiful table, the dozens of candles, the amazing croatian dinner feast etc etc. will surely take your breath away as it did ours..We can't wait to do it all over again...

Room Tip: You can't go wrong in any of their large beautiful rooms... my favorite is the rooms with the ro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frenchpoodle7
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently had the pleasure and honor of getting married at Hotel Boskinac...the place dreams are made of. The location is absolutely breathtaking with the most picturesque, gorgeous landscapes to savor while you are there. The hotel itself is beyond charming with big, beautiful, well designed rooms. The food is delicious, very authentic and the wine...oh the wine, from someone quite educated and passionate about wine, I can honestly say this is one of the finest wineries in Croatia with richly structured reds and whites that range from crisp and fresh to oaked with incredible levels of nuance and complexity. I am a cigar man as well and they have an incredible selection with very reasonable price tags. The customer service is beyond impeccable, probably the best customer care I have ever received. Our wedding was made magical by this wonderful place and its incredible staff. All 13 guests left overwhelmed by the fantastic treatment from top to bottom. Do yourself the biggest favor in the world and stay at Hotel Boskinac, which is now one of my most cherished destinations on the planet. I cannot say enough about this Croatian, they made one of the most important days of my life more perfect than I could have ever imagined or asked for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Simon Cavan T
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Awesome!!! Everything was so great! We were in Hotel Boskinac few days ago and everything is so wonderful. We are couple from America and we spent our honeymoon in hotel Boskinac. First morning we were late for breakfast because we didn't know they serving breakfast untill 11 and the girl on the recepcion told us that she saved us some breakfast and she brought us all kinds of food and she was really really kind and nice and I must say that she looks really really young and honestly when we came here at first we thought that she's too young for doing such an important job but really we must say we are very suprised. She is really comunicative and she suggest us planty of thing to do. After all, we asked for her name but I can't remember really but I couldn't help myself to ask how old is she so I did and she's only 18!!! Really amazing! Hotel is so great and we will definitly come again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Reo K
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place was perfect and my only regret is I didn't stay longer! The rooms are so spacious, the meals were great and let's not forget the wine! Also close enough to the town by taxi.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Grant M
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had first heard about Boskinac from Anthony Bourdain's show on Croatia and made it my goal to stay there. And how happy I am that we did! We stayed for one night in August as a family (total 6 of us - parents and siblings/step siblings). The hotel is GORGEOUS. The rooms (including bathrooms) are incredibly spacious, clean and modern. We had two beds plus a den area and my parents had a gorgeous balcony. We could have had a party in the bathroom alone!

We enjoyed the pool area in the afternoon. The pool was gorgeous and they have outside 'beds' to lounge on.

We also had dinner at the hotel and it was magnificent. It was outside literally underneath the stars and it was enchanting. The food was excellent. You could either choose the seafood or meat menu and both were great choices.

After dinner we took a tour of the wine cellar and it just added to the charm of the hotel.

The hotel is located off the beaten path so you feel like you're in your own world and can enjoy the calmness and serenity of it all.

I highly recommend this hotel and can't say enough how much myself and my family enjoyed it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JetSetter16
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novalja
Luna Island Hotel
#4 of 13 in Novalja
Big Yellow House
Big Yellow House
#2 of 66 in Novalja

Been to Hotel Boskinac? Share your experiences!