We stayed here for 5 nights travelling together with a group of 17 other family members.
Upon arrival we were informed that there were no available rooms for us as our travel agency had failed to confirm that we would arrive a couple of days later than rest of the party and this had thus been treated as a "no show". We were told that we would have to stay with other family members in their rooms the first night and then check back with the reception after breakfast the next day. We managed to arrange this but got another shock the next day when we were handed a tiny, warn hotel room, having paid extra for a renovated apartment. While the rest of our family members was situated in one building we were placed somewhere else on the resort. This definitely ruined part of our vacation. As did all the back and forth with the staff in the reception.
Even though the matter at hand was our travel agency´s fault (which they clearly admitted the first day) we felt as the hotel did not properly handle the situation as they should have. Few of the staff spoke fluent English and we had problems explaining ourselved to them and neither of them could give us any answers without consulting the manager (who was never there). Instead of doing what they could to make us feel welcome despite the troubles they made us feel like a burden. Having been to the reception 5-6 times the first two days we had not received any information about the resort at all (whereabouts, towels, wifi etc.), we either had to ask them or find it out on our own. I have never felt so unwelcome anywhere!
Our room was as earlier mentioned tiny and warn. The walls where so thin that we could hear our neighbors pressing the buttons on the AC-remote or opening a can of soda. Once it got dark outside our hallway and balcony was filled with grasshoppers. Our family members did not see a single one where they stayed.
The wifi was even worse than the room. We got a super-slow reception at one single spot in our room and it was horrible everywhere else on the resort, except for on the beach where it actually worked ok(!). We had wifi included in our rate but this did only cover access for one equipment.
The food was nothing to write home about. Overcooked (basically everything tasted the same) and hardly no salad/vegetables etc. The line for dinner was also enormous and we were lucky if we got hold of a table right away. Even though we had all inclusive we ended up eating out several times due to the issues adressed.
The only positive thing I have to note is the resort itself. It´s in close proximity to the beach and has several different pools to choose from. There´s even a little kiosk in the resort area. There are bars and restaurants located just outside the resort area and Supetar centre is just a 5-10 min walk away.
Brač seemed like a nice island but I would recommend staying somewhere else if you want a problem free vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the beautiful Adriatic sea, away from all the noise, Waterman Svpetrvs Resorts is a unique place offering you the ultimate holiday experience. Located in the picturesque town of Supetar on the island Brač, Waterman Svpetrvs Resort will have you coming back over and over again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waterman Svpetrvs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterman Svpetrvs Hotel Supetar
- Waterman Svpetrvs Resort Supetar, Brac Island, Croatia