“Fabulous hotel with great staff on a beautiful island”

Hotel Villa Adriatica
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Supetar
Shropshire
“Fabulous hotel with great staff on a beautiful island”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Just come home (Sept 2011) from a wonderful holiday at the small hotel Villa Adriatica.45 mins on a ferry from Split to the island of Brac then 5 mins to the hotel. On arrival we were met by warm helpful staff who immediately made us feel welcome. The hotel itself was small with only about 20 rooms. The rooms were immaculate and very well appointed with aircon, a TV and a spotless bathroom with a shower. The breakfasts were lovely -cereals, eggs, sausages,bread,fruit,yogurts,ham,cheeses, pastries, tea,coffee and a. choice of juices. Each morning we ate in a light and beautiful summer room.
It's location was perfect, 3 minutes walk to a pebble beach and a wonderfully clear sea. A supermarket is just around the corner of the hotel. A further 5 minutes walk is the lovely harbour with several great bars and restaurants, all very good value for money (prices from £4 -£8 for a meal and £1.50 for a large beer) - absolutely beautiful ! There are also other beaches just a few mins walk away, very safe with great swimming. While there you must make a trip to the old town of Split, 45 mins on ferry. Beautiful architecture, cafe bars, restaurants and lovely little boutique shops. Not to be missed ! Great holiday,very relaxing with a enough going on to keep you interested.

Room Tip: If you have a room at the front towards the sea there is very little sun on your balcony. Ask for a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank herbie001

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Surrey
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Wow, let me start by just passing on my utmost thanks to all the staff (assuming they read this) at the Villa Adriatica for making, what was a last minute booking at their great hotel - one of the best holidays I've had.

Secondly let me assure you that I do not work for the hotel, I live in Surrey, I have only been there once (last week - although I would LOVE to go back) and I have recieved no incentive to write this review. I just dont like the fact that Tripadvior always seems to be somewhere to complain about things, and you dont often get a really good honest review when something is a very positive experience. If you wish to contact me to verify my review I would be more than happy to speak to anyone over email text or phone.

Now I came across the hotel on one of the many trawler websites, looked around, checked Tripadvisor and on the back of the Island, and the look of the hotel decided that was exactly what we needed. So being a bit cheeky I emailed the hotel with the price we had been offered and Dan (the manager) came straight back to me and as requested said he could match the price but give us an executive room instead. It didnt stop there, over the next few days I was in touch with Dan a few times with questions about the hotel and the Island, and he just couldnt do enough to help - a really great guy. This was even to the extent of when I decided to extend our trip by a day and Dan spoke to a local car rental place for me, and did us the extra night at a reduced rate, just so it was more feasible for me to come and visit the lovely Island. We also got to the hotel very early as we were planning to visit Split on the way - but when you get there it is very industrial and there is seriously nothing to see!! So we went straight to the Hotel Adriatica (5 hours early) planning to leave our bags there, and when we called from Split to let them know, they changed us to a room that was ready just to accomadate us.

Now Croatia (and the Islands) is hot. Very hot - or it was in late August. So by the time we got there in jeans etc, we were baking. You have never had an arrival like it, literally open the door and waiting for you was the manageress, extremely warm and welcoming. Very very genuine lady who we spoke to many times over our stay, and played a big part in making the hotel so great. She arranged a drink of ice cold water for us and juice, whilst taking us through the maps of the area, showed us round the hotel, told us about excursions that they had done recently (Sea Kayaking) and then showed us to the room and helped us get settled in. I was really impressed with the fact that whilst we were being shown round, our bags were taken to the room for us. Thats the thing with the Adriatica - you get a 5 star treatment in a 3 star hotel.

The room itself was very comfortable, not big - no 2 ways about it - however they are extremely clean and comfortable. The bathrooms arent tiny - I'm a big guy and i really hate these rooms where you cant get in the shower forwards, you have to go in sideways because they are so small, and the toilet is tucked under the sink. Our room was not like that, there was plenty of room to get ready in the mornings and evernings - and some very handy storage space with a full length mirror as well. The room was also cleaned to an extrermely high standard each and every day. Floors mopped - the lot. I also (stupidly) left my ipad on the desk for the week, and some money in the drawer - all of which was exactly where I left it when I needed it - I didnt worry once about safety etc. Big tip - open your balcony doors at night - the morning air is really nice and refreshing - well worth having coming in. There are shutters to pull across to keep the light out.

I would recomend that you do that rate with the breakfast included - we did and it was excellent. It's exactly what you expect, cold meats, cheeses, bread, yoghurt, fruit etc (and loads of it) but there is also warm sausages and eggs which is a really nice touch. They even had pastries although after loading up on the other stuff I never got to try them. Its exactly what you need first thing in the morning and easily keeps you going till lunch. I dont think we ate before 2/3 when we were there..

The pool is small - although the best thing about that is we went in it every day (normally about 4ish) and we were always the only ones there. Its really good. Also if you go at 4 you still get the sunshine and you can just sit in the jacuzzi and read a book - another tip - you can turn on the jets yoursefl at the side of the jacuzzi.

The Bar is MASSIVE! Loads of chairs etc to sit at, and quite reasonable for cocktails etc.We frequented it a bit and always had a really good time. Its not ideal not having proper bar staff but I think its catch 22. People dont tend to use the bar because it isnt manned, but why pay to man it if no-one is ever there. It's no effort to come down via reception and mention you are stopping for a drink, and they keep an eye out then. They also load you up with snacks which is good - saved me buying starters when we went out!!

That leads me on to the final part of my extremley long and full review - the location. Now this, honestly and sincerely could not be better. I though after looking at the pictures that the beach was going to be a strip of "gravel" - and I was so far from the truth. The beaches are AWESOME!! The local beach to the hotel is lovely, really nice with lovely warm water and heaps of facilities etc. Also I recomend going to the local beach and then going left. Past a massive hotel and if you imagine yourself walkiing round a corner you wont be far wrong. When you get there, there is this awesome straight strip of beach with loads of natural shade and sun loungers etc. No roads but lots of little bars and bistro like places. You cn hire stuff at the begining, but as you walk further the quiter it gets. Go to the end and its just all locals and the best beach (almost cove like) ever. Its great.

If you are looking for a night out as you leave the hotel go right and walk down towards the Marina - there are a few bars on the way that are quite lively, and there are also a few on the beach as well which are great. There was one (called Bennys I think) which goes into the sea a bit which is great to watch the sunset. These are all about 200yds away - not a walk at all, literally on your doorstep, but the best thing is that you are far enough not to be able to hear the music etc which is perfect. There is also a bank within 5 mins walk which is very handy as the Villa Adriatica only accept cash - make sure you take some with you..

As you can tell from the glowing review above, we had the best holiday ever. This was helped by the fact that Brac is one of the prettiest places on earth and the weather was hot, and the fact that I wasnt here, at work - but mainly it was down to the absolutely excellent people and service that we recieved at the Villa Adriatica. I know when I was reading reviews I thought why does eveyone go on about the staff and how can they be that great etc. But they honestly are. So thoughtful and so genuinely please to be of service - nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. Special thanks to the really kind nice young lady who was on reception a lot of the time while we were there. We spoke to her quite a bit and unfortunately she got most of our requests and she honestly just made us feel so welcome. It was the sort of thing like we wanted to do an excursion so I asked her to call the guy doing it and ask if he had any availability. Then whilst on the phone I asked her to see how I would go about cancelling it if I needed to. Then I didnt book it that day!! Then the next day we went down and asked her to go ahead and book it, then whilst on the phone again, changed our mind. If it was me I would have been less than impressed but she just took everything in her stride and made us feel like it was absolutley fine and it happended all the time. I'll never forget being stood in reception trying to do the actions for a new toilet roll when my partner dropped the one in our bathroom in the toilet. Luckily she got it at "tissue" before I had to start doing the actions!! :-) Actually its worth mentioning that the English of all the staff is a definite 10/10 it seemed like their first language and I think they come to the UK a lot in the winter months, toilet roll just isnt a request they have a lot!!!

All of this was emphasised when on the evening of our last day we stopped at reception on the way through and checked out. We were leaving at 6am the next day so we stopped to settle the bill etc and were told (by the same really nice girl) that as we were leaving before they did breakfast, they would prepare us a packed lunch for the trip, did we want ham and cheese or cheese and tomato etc. I mean how nice is that - you dont get that at a 3 star hotel!! And it was really nice, with fruit and some juice etc. VERY impressed.

Anyway, as you can see - we had a great time and I would sincerely like to thank all at the staff at the Villa Adriatica for making our holiday so good. It is much appreciated.

With regards to tips after just returning. Hire a car. Definitely. Unless you are just going for a pure beach / relax hire a car from Split Airport. We did and it is so easy to drive out there. GPS only covers 60% of Croatia and hardly any of Brac (we didnt use ours) so dont hire one - the signs are very good. There is parking very close to the hotel and I absolutely recomend jumping in the car and driving over to Bol - the big beach there is very busy but its good fun and an experience. We did it twice. Then drive back the coastal way, get a map from the hotel. It is mind blowingly good. There is about 5 little coastal towns on the east coast and you can drive round and through them all. Stop and have a beer and a pizza - its so great. Also drive up the Bol road one night and go to Zizza's, it looks nothing from the road but its very nice when you walk up to it, and the steak is awesome. Also go to the retaurant next to it - think its called Rjak or something like that (ask at Adriatica) the waiter there is the best I have ever met - have the "pie" starters and ask what he recomends.. its good. Also hire a boat and go bay hopping, or if not, stick to the coastal road and just stop - youll see what I mean - loads of people do it. But the biggest and best bit of advice is stay at the Adriatica - I absolutely 110% guarantee you will not regret it.

I am more than happy to answer any emails / questions if you have them - hoping my review covered most things - its pretty long!!! :-) They deserve it.

Room Tip: Always approach the hotel with what you have been offered for a standard room and see if they can ma...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Itstime222
Bedfordshire
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We decided to book our stay at the Hotel Villa Adriatica after reading previous good reviews-we were not disappointed. Upon arrival we were greeted with a very warm welcome and a much appreciated drink. We were than given a map which marked out the best beaches and recommended restaurants in Supertar. After a guided tour of the hotel facilities, we were taken to our room and shown how to operate the air conditioning (we needed it!). The room was spotlessly clean, bright and airy. The bathroom was also well maintained and very clean, as was the whole hotel. We booked on a B&B basis and found the breakfast to be tasty and plentiful.The pool area is quite small but includes a jacuzzi and shower. It has a pleasant terrace with sun loungers and a sauna/massage area.
The real success of this hotel is due to the staff. They were polite, welcoming and incredibly helpful. Thank you to all of them for making our holiday such a success.

Room Tip: It's worth booking a superior room to see the sea and mountains from your balcony.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BedfordshireEmerald
Alma, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My father and I stayed at this hotel on an overnight in Supetar. it was a very clean hotel with a bathroom (shower, sink and toilet) in the room. The beds are quite hard. There is a pool but we did not get a chance to check it out. The staff was wonderful and very helpful with everything from using their internet to suggesting places to eat, places to see, arranging transportation, etc. After almost two weeks in Croatia, we thought the hotel was a bit over priced for what we received but were not unhappy with our stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Hotel Adriatica is an absolute gem! It was the first hotel we stayed at upon our arrival in Croatia and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. The hotel owner, Dan, went out of his way to make us feel comfortable - offering to upgrade us to a sea facing room and giving us his contact details in case of any emergencies during our stay in Croatia (which proved very useful when I realised later in Hvar that i'd left two expensive items of clothing back in Adriatica - Dan met me at the ferry dock in Split to hand them over - alongside his adorable little daughter who he was taking to a Ballet class). Anyway - although Brac is a sleepy little town compared to the more lively Hvar - Hotel Adriatica totally made our stay worthwhile. Its rare to find these sorts of places where the hotel owners genuinely want you to havea good time and to get the most out of their country as possible! We couldnt have found a lovelier place! It even has a private pool and gym! I stayed here with my best friend for a girls holiday but i'd also reccommend it for couples, older generations as well as younger generations - although for the latter, you might only want to stay here for a a night or two if you're looking for somewhere to party - Hvar is definitely where its at. Hope you find this useful! H&M

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hettie_Rous
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We stayed for a week at the Hotel Villa Adriatical, it was a fabulous week. The service was as good as we've ever had - friendly, courteous, and exceeding all expectations. The room was very nice, enough for 3 and was designed beautifully. The breakfast buffet was very good; the coffee was terrific. And, of course, the location was superb.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank DavorBabic
Milton Keynes
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We spent two weeks on Brac in this hotel which is perfectly situated in Supertar (Brac). It is very clean and tidy, staff are always helpful. The food was ok, continental breakfast plently of tea and coffee and we enjoyed the sun, the beaches and the holiday overall was relaxing, quiet and with dramatic scenery exactly what we needed but there is one flaw in all this "woodlice" ! One room and only the one is overrun with the little blighters so you couldn't open the door for fresh air. They were breeding in the room behind the skirting boards and then trotting across the room at all times to escape to the open air. On asking for a change we had to suffer the room for a week, with the Manager and the Boss man saying "they won't hurt you".
Woodlice live in damp soil, bark and vegetation and they eat dead and decaying vegetation including bark, hence living in damp skirting boards in the room. We did get a change of room after one weeks stay. Fortunately that did not spoil the holiday at all the island is beautiful. We just used a lot of toilet paper picking up the little blighters and flushing them down the loo.
I would recommend this hotel, definitely, because by now the hotel should have repaired the skirting boards in this ground floor room and eradicated the problem.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Salousun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Supetar
Bluesun Hotel Elaphusa
Hotel Bol
Hotel Bol
#2 of 12 in Bol
Waterman Svpetrvs Resort
Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort
Bluesun Hotel Borak
Bluesun Resort Bonaca

Been to Hotel Villa Adriatica? Share your experiences!