All reviews central restaurant hotel bar comfortable beds per day the ground floor lavender rosemary season sunbeds split island croatia
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

I was here with my family last week. When we arrived they changed our room so that we stayed at hotel Amor. Another one in their chain of hotels I guess. When I booked Villa Vela Luka it was because of the sea-view and I booked a room with a sea-view. From the pictures it looked like you could have the ocean just outside the balcony but the room we got was 100+ m up from the ocean. The receptionist explained that these were bigger and better rooms. Since we just stayed for one night I didn't have the energy to argue. Needless to say...I'm happy we just stayed for one night. I don't even know if it's Villa Vela Luka or Hotel Amor I should make the review for. Really ignorant just to move us to a different hotel without any compensation. The AC also stopped working during the night and the reply I got was that it wasn't that warm anyway. Apparently the AC stops workong if a window is open. This was not informed in any way however. So if you want to get fooled...go here!

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Rickard K
Reviewed August 30, 2015

This hotel is part of the Hotel Velaris resort. The rooms are spacious & well appointed, close to a calm bay suitable for swimming & walking. Just a 10 minute walk to Supetar town, full of restaurants, cafes & markets. Great for couples.

Stayed: August 2015
4  Thank Anne S
Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile

If you want some relaxing days at the beach than I would go for it. However if I had known all of the following I would not have picked this location. It is close to the Ferry of supetar which is easy to find. Parking costs you 3euro a day but your car stays at the other end of the domaine... So that is than rather expensive... Playground for the children is rather old and not well maintained. The rooms were very clean, however we picked a room without balcony so drying of clothes was less easy. The room itself was very spacious however the matrasses very hard and just placed on a wooden plank. If you are looking into doing some trips than you better pick a hotel at the other side of the island near bol. From there several trips start and you find hotels in the same prices. Than your island stay is more worthwhile...

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2015 via mobile

After a week of sight-seeing in Split, we had a most enjoyable week on the nearby island of Brac at the Velaris resort. We had booked a sea view room in the Villa Vela Luka but when we arrived the lift was out of order and it was too much of a trek up 4 flights of stairs! Thanks to our Classic Collections travel rep and the delightful Victor at reception in the Amor Hotel (whose facilities we were able to use), we were relocated to a much bigger room on the ground floor with a large outdoor terrace and right beside the sea - perfect! The gardens at the resort were full of lavender and roses and very well tended. A nearby supermarket was available for daytime snacks and the fine restaurant "La Punta" was a 10 minute walk along the beach for dinner. A further 15 mins walk takes you in to Supetar, where there are many more fine restaurants. Thanks again to Victor for letting us keep our room until our transport came to pick us up at 5.30. For a quiet relaxing time on this beautiful island, I can highly recommend Villa Vela Luka.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mozidotes
Reviewed September 7, 2014

Having read the reviews I was wondering what to expect - we were really pleasantly surprised. Everyone spoke English (though we tried a bit of Croatian to show willing) returned our smiles and were most helpful. The gardens were beautiful and relaxing, even though late in the season and the sea a wonderful bay for swimming.
We had a huge choice of food for breakfast (8 plates of cold meat) and evening meals and ate something different every time during our week long stay, particularly enjoying the fact that much of the food came from the Velaris gardens. Don't go here if you demand full English breakfast!! but learn to enjoy continental food. Yes, some of the leftovers from the evening were apparently warmed up for breakfast, but I have no problem with that - it's better than running out in the evening or wasting food. You didn't have to choose it.
Didn't find many English to talk to - a pity for they don't know what they're missing.

Room Tip: Velaris Tourist resort has 3 types of room - Amor and Villa with free wifi. I believe the garden rooms do not.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends