Hotel Almhof Familyresort
  • Pool
Schoenruh(Gerlos)
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewskids clubski schoolfamily hotelchild careall agesmonth old babykinder hoteladults and childrenthought of everythingwhole weekski areabunk bedsboard gamessmall kidszillertal arenaoutdoor poolrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We just passed 1week at the almhof hotel and I actually didn't get to do anything cos my boy was sick. The hotel was very supportive, they called up the doc and even bought us there and back. My husband and my 7 year old had a great time skiing. My 3 year old refused to go to the kids club as my 17 month. The staff, the restaurant and the room, pool area, were the top things i liked.But the only bad thing was the kids club, me and my 16 year old daughter found it boring. The kids were sitting and bored out of their life because no one was playing with them. They do have activity's but that's it. I know this cos I spend the whole week at the play area with the kids cos they refused to stay with the staff members in the kids club. this is my third kinder hotel experience. other thing I have to say is that the toilet is too far from the restaurant which is a disadvantage for the kids and The kids club is on -1floor. Again far from the common area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed here for Christmas and New Year break with our 10 month old baby.

The hotel has been recently renovated (rooms and some of the public areas). It's done very nicely with the use of designer lamps and furniture. Very nice spa area, including indoor and heated outdoor swimming pool.

We went skiing while our baby was staying in baby club which was great. Very nice and big ski area - around 10 min drive by free shuttle bus. Also small ski slop is right behind hotel entrance, available free of charge for hotel guests, great for kids and beginners.

The food is delicious with new meals every day plus various snacks and drinks are provided 24 hours which was very convenient.

Will definitely recommend this hotel to any families looking for all inclusive holiday.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank S0lfamily
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a week of skiing from March 2011 and it was a great week with our two children (4 and 2 years).
We arrived very early (8am) after a long 1200 km drive and we were immediately offered breakfast even though is was not pre-ordered.
Our room was available from around 11am which gave us a chance to look around the hotel and for the children to play in the snow.
This hotel is simply build as the perfect hotel for families with children. As an example, rooms have cartoon charters selected by you child and put up at arrival outside each door to help children locate their room, bathroom sink in childrens hight and they provide strollers for the children so you don't have to bring it yourself.
The food is EXCELLENT, not junk food(!) for both for children and the adults and everything is clean and spacious. I have uploaded some pictures of the buffet which speaks for them self. You can eat your launch on the mountain at Seppi's restaurant as part of the all inclusive plan if you want.
Our oldest child did attend the ski training outside the hotel without much success as the instructors only spoke Dutch, English and German but they did refund the remaining days after taking her off the training. All and all a Great family vacation in great hotel - Highly recommendable!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank B-FamilyDK
Reviewed August 26, 2011

One of the best kids hotels we have been to. Excellent rooms and facilities. We have 2 children age 6 and 1.5 years and they had activities to take care of them for full 5 days. We had enough time to do rafting, parasailing, hiking and chill out. Hotel is very well organised and staff is very courteous and remembers all your requests and needs including food requests. My daughters enjoyed sleeping on the bunk beds.

Food is excellent and variety is very well laid out. A special thanks to all hotel staff including Alexandro, Annemarie, Gabor, Claudio, Daniela and all at kids club.

You dont have to think twice about the hotel. If you are visiting this place and have kids...just go for it....will definately go again...

Room Tip: We were in a Kurschel suite and it was excellent
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank saketseth
Reviewed August 24, 2011

As a frequent traveler I spend a lot of time in hotels and the thought of spending a week with my family in a hotel around other family's and their kids is frankly not appealing to me. This is why Disney Land does not appeal to me at all. BUT, Kinderhotel Almhof is not your typical family hotel. I would classify this as a high-end hotel perched high in the Austrian mountains that is geared towards family's. The hotel is very welcoming when you arrive. They greet the parents and also the kids individually. The lobby is small but leads to a nice bar area and what I would call a 5 star restaurant and seating area. Keep in mind this is a family hotel and not a fancy restaurant in New York or Paris. The furnishings are modern but comfortable and run along windows the length of the eating area which overlooks the mountains. The downside to all inclusive hotels is that the food is basically overcooked crap. Not here. There is a good variety for not only the kids but for the parents. They smartly blend a kids oriented hotel with the needs of the parents so no loud colorful plastic chucky cheese booths and bland unhealthy food. The food is fresh and there is plenty of it. There are menu's for the parents which rival many very nice restaurants in Europe. Then there is the wine selection. I am a huge fan of Austrian wines and they have some of the best. The rooms are roomy, comfortable and have details which make it special such as robs for the kids for when you head to the pool. Now the pool! There is an adjoining indoor and outdoor pool which is very nicely heated for the little ones and easy to swim outside from inside. Keep in mind we were there in December. The pool area is very modern and very tastefully furnished. There is a fun water slide as well. All of this overlooking the snowy Alps! This was so much fun that my 3 year old daughter and I spent most days swimming together. In addition to the pool there is an entire wing just for the kids that is separate from the main dinning and pool area. They have all kinds of activities for kids 12 hours a day. For kids 6 months to 3 years they have childminding (British term), or baby sitting (which is what the rest of us understand ;-), for up to 72 hours per week. For 3 and over 80 hours a week. My daughter loved it! In winter they have ski school for the kids and their own small ski lift and ski area. All of this is included in the hotel price. Now for the parents. There is a full serviced SPA and fitness are that is a dream, my wife says. And now for the really cool surprise. They have a Cigar Bar and this is a real Cigar Bar (room actually) that includes a fireplace and very comfortable seating. I spent an evening there with a lovely German couple who currently live in Brazil, drinking wine and smoking cigars. As they say "it is all in the details" and this hotel does this SO WELL! We loved this so much we just booked another week for the family for this December!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family