All reviews child care year old daughter other hotels play area die afternoon kid season lesson teacher children summer
Selected filters
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We returned to Ginas after our first very good stay there in 2008 after trying some other kinderhotels in Austria.The hotel is run effeciently and the whole package is good value for money for a young family. It had been upgraded since 2008 and looked impressive, the food and variety of cuisine had improved also.The booking was also felxible to accomodate our flights but the communication associated with the ski events were not clear.Our booking crossed over the events schedule and we were left disappointed regarding kids' ski school and assoicated schedule.
When we inquired, obliviously, about any partial remaining schedule it was met by the owner with complete contempt.It was pointed out that we had missed all the scheduling reg. kids' ski school in the welcome pack(?) and therefore nothing could be done, this was further defended by a openly agressive attitude which escalated into a very heated argument over a truly genuine mistake.

We made our own plans regarding the ski schedule and then reported the owners' overly agressive attitude to the Gina's franchise

I wouldn't take anything away in this review from the standard of accomodation, quality of food and freindliness of waiting staff, but if you do decide to stay make sure you are aware of the "rules" before you inquire about anything outwith their standard procedures, this will upset the owners

I have only written this review now as it has came around to book the ski trip for next Feb. We are returning to the area as it is so beautiful and great for family skiing- but not to Gina's until it changes ownership.

Date of stay: February 2012
5  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Accommodation is spacious and comfortable for a family of 5 (6 next year). Slept like logs.
Food (and the different meals every day) are a joy and we looked forward to all meals just as much as the skiing.
Kids entertainment outside of skiing was fine although this year they had moved the film times to 20:30 CET which after a hard day skiing and swim was too late for the little ones. The year before the films were on at 6:30 which was when dinner had started (at 6:00) so we all thought they could move the time of the films in their cinema to 19:00.
Ski school with Norbert and the instructors was first class yet again.
Location close to airport and mountains is fantastic - no long journeys anywhere.

Room tip: Rooms are large enough so no need to book 2 rooms for a family of 5/6. Captain's suite is the pick.
Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We had a great time at Gina's- from the friendly pick-up at the airport by Norbert we were made to feel incredibly welcome. There wasn't enough snow for the onsite children's ski school so they called ahead to Gerlitzen to arrange lessons there for our son. The staff were All helpful, the rooms spacious, and clean- and the food was truly wonderful- better than I've eaten in nice restaurants. The cakes and plates of Christmas cookies every afternoon was a nice touch too!

The pools were nice too, and I can imagine that the hotel is lovely in summer as well. We would definitely go back.

Room tip: We had a lake view room which was very nice. Rooms get very warm though so you may want to turn the thermostat down when you arrive!
Date of stay: December 2011
1  Thank Weybridge_family
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My wife is austrian and hence we spend a lot of time in Austria, but thought we'd combine a trip to the in-laws with 4 nights at Gina's hotel with our 2 year old son on his first real holiday. I have to say, when we arrived we were both very impressed with the modern clean style of the foyer. We had booked a mountain view room which included all the usual hotel things for adults plus everything you need for babies including complimentary HIPS baby shampoo and moisturiser, a baby bath, night time plug lamp, fold away baby changing table, microwave, fridge and a bucket of toy bricks, etc. The food in the hotel was the biggest surprise. Having being used to 'luxury hotel standards' and Gina's being a baby all inclusive hotel I was expecting the food to be average at best, however buffet breakfast was excellent with good quality smoked salmon and various continental hams and hot options also available, and dinner and lunches were also of a very high quality for both my wife and I and also our 2nd old son and a high number of good options always available. All staff were exceptionally friendly from the restaurant staff to the baby carers. Our son loved the play area and the swimming pools, and hotel was very clean throughout. Bad points? If I had to pick a few; the Wi-Fi network did not reach beyond the foyer', pools are a little small and the baby pool had tiny amounts of sand in the bottom - but this really is picking at straws. Overall we felt the hotel would have suited our son a little more had he been 2 yrs older as he could have done even more, however he did have a very good time and both my wife and I were very pleasantly surprised with the high quality of the hotel which has lead to me to writing this review.

Date of stay: April 2011
3  Thank Silva1011
Reviewed January 15, 2009

I have never written a review about a hotel as I have never been as disappointed by a hotel as Kinderhotel Gina's at Drobollach, Austria - Gina's hotel claims that it has 5 smileys and to be honest, I rate it 2 out of 10.

I can write 10 pages about what went wrong but here is the summary: The food, organisation, cleanliness (they only change the bed sheets if you stay longer than 7 days) & premises were all sub-optimal.

They wanted us to finish dinner by 8pm and even told us to leave the table at 9:30pm because they wanted to do breakfast preparations! The hotel offers very few places for people to sit and talk! There was not enough food for kids at tea time- When we asked for bread, we got THREE Dry brown slices of bread for a total of FIVE kids!

The exercise area in the spa consisted of 2 machines. They even put expired baby milk on the shelves.

The only positive point I have about this place is that the beautician and not the masseuse was excellent. There was also one waitress who was very kind.

The owner of the hotel kept saying to us: " everything is explained on the website, why do you complain?"

Date of stay: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Austrian_observer