Los Cobanos Village Lodge
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Los Cobanos for four nights and had an awesome experience. The service is top-notch - the first night they delivered dinner to our room while we sat on the balcony and watched the sunset. The food is the best in the region, fresh everytime you order with plenty to chose from. The compound is pristine with staff cleaning and sweeping everyday. We were the only guests for three of our four nights and we felt like royaly, the staff was always there to help with directions, call a cab, recommend beaches and take care of us. The village is nice to see by day, by night we we felt safer in the coumpound,
Heads-up for travelers:
1. If you're looking for a place that you can get by without Spanish - this isn't it - we found only one other english speaker in town. We had no trouble with our limited Spanish.
2. lots of stray dogs on the beach and the beach is dirty in spots.
3. There are bats in the roof but it's not a big deal - we laugh about it now.
4. Great for couples that like out of the way, non-big resort type hideaways.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
8  Thank awhipster
Reviewed February 19, 2007

I stayed at Los Cobanos on two separate trips to El Salvador, in 2005 and 2006, and both visits were fantastic. The rooms are comfortable & clean, there is a beautiful view of the ocean, sitting area inside and on the balcony, and fantastic architecture and decorating utilizing local materials. They have all kinds of ocean toys like kayaks and snorkel gear available for use as well. All of the aforementioned are great, but it is really the people at Los Cobanos that make the experience epic. They pretty much do whatever they can to ensure your visit is comfortable: from fixing traditional cuisine to facilitating snorkelling, surfing, or kayaking. It is super family friendly and if the ocean is overwhelming for the little ones, there is a comfortable pool (which we used daily)! It was the last relaxing vacation I've been on and I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank Footastic
Reviewed February 15, 2007

If you're one that's decided to travel to El Salvador, go see what wonderful salvadoran families and charming rural coastal communities are really like. Los Cobanos Village Lodge is a little "oasis" nestled in the middle of one of these communities; it provides a cozy coastal get-away but yet still offers the flavor of salvadoran life. I've stayed here many times and enjoy my stay everytime. When living in San Salvador the lodge was my favorite weekend destination; great service, very comfortable accomodations, beautiful views from the room's balcony, friendly people. It always felt like a relaxing "home-away-from-home" rather than a busy resort. Everytime I had friends from the states visit, we'd make sure to spend time here as well and they still talk about what a great get-away it was. As well, many friends flew to El Salvador last summer for our wedding, and Village Lodge is the hotelito I chose for them to stay at; they loved it and have wonderful memories. During that weekend my dad and brothers hired a local fisherman from Los Cobanos to go dorado fishing; not only did they have a successful fishing trip, they were lucky enough to swim with the big sea turtles and still talk about when they're going back. This little lodge is wonderful and I highly recommend it if you're looking to see the real El Salvador and the beauty of the communities it has to offer.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sirenas
Reviewed February 15, 2007

O.K. regarding Los Cobanos Village Lodge, here is the deal:

We got there early morning, around 7:30-8:00 a.m. nice 45 minutes trip from the capital city San Salvador, there wasn’t much traffic, nice road. We were excited because we had made arrangement with the manager and a boat was waiting for us for a diving trip. We were a party of four and the guy from the boat was friendly and very handy, in matter of minutes they had everything all set.

There we were, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean -2.50 miles from the coast to be exact, and guess what?? We are looking for humpback whales!!!!!!! And guess what?? We found them!!!!!!!!!!! Or I think they found us!!!!!! A mother and her calf, the most amazing adventure of all, and it happened in Los Cobanos Village Lodge’s back yard. We were lucky to be accepted by them and we could swim for a while with them. I don’t think we will ever find the words to describe this moment. Sorry folks! We were to busy to manage a camera, no photos to prove the event.

After the most memorial time of our lives, we visited two diving sites: “La rajadura” and “Acuario”, visibility: 6 feet, were we disappoint it? Well, not really, there were beautiful fish and the sites were very interesting. After a “hard” morning of diving –we were back at 2:30 pm- It was very reassuring to finally be back at the lodge, very comfy, friendly staff, cozy rooms. It was nice to just hang at the pool and get some sun.

Should we recommend “Los Cobanos Village Lodge”? Absolutely, we are going back, there is so much to explore!!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank BeatrixKido
Reviewed February 14, 2007

The place has a very nice and relax atmospher. It is extremly well managed by it owners. Rooms are very well desing, excelent ventilation, and shini clean.

The architecture is very well tought using local material, like wood, palm, but with well finished surfaces. The place has some times, great sideshore winds that make a for a good winsdurfing and kitesurf side, If there si no wind you can catch some nice longboard rides in regular days, and nice waves on big days.

I am a regular client, they make you feel at home.

Cheers