My wife and I stayed at Los Cobanos for four nights and had an awesome experience. The service is top-notch - the first night they delivered dinner to our room while we sat on the balcony and watched the sunset. The food is the best in the region, fresh everytime you order with plenty to chose from. The compound is pristine with staff cleaning and sweeping everyday. We were the only guests for three of our four nights and we felt like royaly, the staff was always there to help with directions, call a cab, recommend beaches and take care of us. The village is nice to see by day, by night we we felt safer in the coumpound,
Heads-up for travelers:
1. If you're looking for a place that you can get by without Spanish - this isn't it - we found only one other english speaker in town. We had no trouble with our limited Spanish.
2. lots of stray dogs on the beach and the beach is dirty in spots.
3. There are bats in the roof but it's not a big deal - we laugh about it now.
4. Great for couples that like out of the way, non-big resort type hideaways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Los Cobanos village lodge is located within a fishing community, it is oriented for responsible travelers wanting to get involve with our local culture. We are in front of the only volcanic nature coral reefs in the Central American Pacific coast. Wreck diving, volcanic reef diving, kayaking and fishing are among the activities recommended. In December and January humpback whale watching is possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Los Cobanos Village Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Cobanos Village Hotel Acajutla
- Los Cobanos Village Lodge El Salvador/Acajutla