“what to expect more”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Quang Ngai
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“what to expect more”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

it was very standard hotel and more than my expectation in this suburb town. imagine this is small town and there are no tourist at all. what you expect more.... price at restaurant, massage and karaoke was very reasonable too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Vietnamese first
Hue, Vietnam
Reviewed July 6, 2011

wow where to start... we booked on the net and arrived in the afternoon..on checkin the staff tried to rip us off, they put us in a room as they said they had not recieved our booking yet...30min later we were told we would have to move rooms as we had been put in a more expensive one, the receptionist telling us we were in a $50us room. After checking on the net for booking, we had paid $50 and the room we were in suddenly became a $60 room...The pool was very dirty and cloudy, lucky we did not get infected eyes and ears. The bed on the other hand was very nice the only thing in the hotel or maybe i was so tired it wouldn`t have mattered!! Breakfast in the morning was a complete farse!!!!!!! we arrived at 7am to find all food stone cold and tea and coffee pots empty and after asking for a cup of tea I was to in alous abrupt voice NO! as 5 or 6 staff sat around laughing!!!!!at checkout we had eaten a packet of peanuts from room clearly stating price of 5000 dong in room...at checkout that price mysteriously doubled!!!!of course we did not pay and that was that.....IF YOU STAY AT THIS HOTEL YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET!!!!!!!! I WOULD GIVE QUANG NGAI A BIG MISS AND KEEP GOING TO HOI AN

Room Tip: do not get any room at this hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sunsetcoast

Travelers are raving about these Quang Ngai hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Central hotel is a typical business hotel. It's an okey hotel, but a bit worn. Could need some paint here and there. The pool looked nice, but didn't try it. The breakfast was a bit different then what we where used to, more Vietnamese then in other hotels. The staff was also okey, could be more helpful.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Kyrremannen
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2010

We stopped in Quang Ngai for one night to break up the long journey from Hue to Nha Trang. We seemed to be the only western tourists in town!

We looked at another hotel on the way that seemed a bit run down and wanted $30. We ended up with an upgrade to a premium room at the Central for $25 including an excellent buffet breakfast.

Rooms are good with all the usual trimmings plus cable internet as well as wifi.

The swimming pool looked great but unfortunately its not swimming pool weather at the moment.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl261
US
Reviewed January 7, 2010

We picked this hotel off the internet because it looked to be the best place in Quang Ngai. It was easy to find, which is a plus, since we were traveling by motorbike and needed a place to stay on the way to Hoi An. For the price, we had been expecting a small place with no restaurant and non English speaking staff--so this place was a very pleasant surprise. The hotel was large and clean from the outside and the desk staff was incredibly friendly. The desk staff consisted of 2 pleasant young ladies-both had a firm grasp of English. Even the doorman spoke to me in English. Our room was more than adequate with a comfy livingroom area, bed, and a big bathtub in the bathroom. Nothing fancy, but clean. We chose to have room service, but upon phoning and not being understood, my husband decided to just go collect wine and menus from the restaurant. He ordered a botle of wine to take and told them he might get a different wine later. 15 minutes after he returned, room service showed up with the with the 2nd bottle....we decided to just keep it. The food brought later was fine--not fantastic, but not bad. The walls were a little thin so we could hear a crying baby in a nearby room (fortunately not for long) and some traffic noise. The continental breakfast was very good with plenty of coffee, tea and fruit juice available on the table. We didn't have time to try the pool, but took a look and it was sparkling blue and clean. We had a little trouble with the housekeeping staff in the morning. They showed up about 9am and couldn't speak any English. My husband was trying to tell them to come back later after we checked out, but they didn't understand and came in anyway. I called the front desk and asked them to tell the girls to leave. I had to bring one of the housekeepers to the phone in order for the front desk to tell them to come back later. We chalked this up to a VN quirk as this was the 2nd place we'd stayed where they didn't seem to understand the concept of waiting until people checked out. Why clean the rooms just to have to come back and clean again in a few hours? All in all, these were great people and everything was at least acceptable...and the price was right:)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LePossum
England
Reviewed March 5, 2007

This hotel website is:

[---]

OK Where would I begin......

We are travelling through Vietnam and we made a stop in Quang Ngai. In this town there is nothing here for tourism but its a big town between Nha Trang and Hoi An. I looked in the Lonely Planet book and it recommend this hotel saying it is the classiest joint in town. If you check the website they are classed a 4 star hotel.

To begin writing about this review I wonder on were to start:

1 Once we checked in we went to the room and it looked like it was from the 80's. I was very suprised to hear that the hotel is only 9 years old. All the furniture is very old, damaged and out of date. The TV really sucks, its big, but your lucky to get many channels with a good signal. The carpet is really old with many stains, burns and holes. I guess the hotel does not repair the damage since it opened.

2 We decide to eat in the hotel restaurant, I must say that the food is pretty good quality, but it lacks atmosphere. There is a view of the city on the 7th floor, but nothing amazing. The weird thing is that in the price menu it states that it costs 10,000 dong for an orange juice. After we paid we discovered they charged us 20,000 (100% increase). We brought this to their attention and they explained that no-one else complained, and the price went up 2 years ago but they did not update the prices in the menu. WOW.

3. The final thing I would say which was bad is that we left our room to look around and of course you leave items in your room (not valuables) on the tables. Well when we came back we discovered that our dirtry clothes was missing. We looked everywere in the room and then we called reception. They said they are being washed. (In the room there is a
document which requires the guest signature and items to be recorded before it leaves the room otherwise the hotel is not responsible). We did not complete this form and they took it without our permission. Once we called the Front Desk and we explained they returned our clothes to the room and they were still wet. It was a huge insult that they took something without our permission and return it to us worse and we had
to dry our clothes. (Since this was our last day of our trip there was no need to wash anything, since we could do it ourselves the following day in our home town.)

Well, this is only 2.30pm and we have been here less than 24 hours and we have 24 more hours left. I hope nothing else goes bad. I have stayed in many hotels all over the world, but its amazing how they are allowed to class this hotel a 4* when it looks, smells and feels like a 1 or maybe 2 star hotel. They state they have a swimming pool. When I seen the pool I wanted to go back to the room. It looks like no-one has been in it for over a year and a very strange colour. Maybe it has not been cleaned in a long time????

Lastly, I can say that we met a nice Gentleman from Ho Chi Minh City. It was brough to our attention that he was brought here to improve the hotel's image and facilities. He did make us feel more welcome and he was very plesant. I wish him the best of luck and hope we can do something and help the hotel improve their image and facilities. Hopefully if I have to come back I can write a positive review after the changes have been made. All of the staff at the reception and the restaurant was helpful and friendly. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at MarkWilliamsUK@yahoo.com.

OK... Since my 1st review could not go through since TA could not find the hotel I have tried again. I can now conclude the information of the rest of the stay.

There was only two problems in the last 24 hours of the stay which you won't believe.

1. If you remember we was charged an extra 10,000 dong for the orange juice. The representative from Ho Chi Minh City assured us he would take care of the problem and we will only have to pay which is written in the menu for the next occasion. In the final night we had a group dinner for about 13 people. Some of these people had orange juice. Well..... when I recieved the charges, they decided to charge us 25,000 dong this time. So it went from 10,000 to 20,000 and now 25,000. When I asked why, they replied because they had to use an extra orange to make the juice. Can you believe this??? They did not ask us if it was ok, but they just did it. The matter is that based on previous problems you would think they would not make problems worse. it is not about the money but the idea were they don't know the first thing about customer service and the way business should be run.

2. On the check out the bill was to be paid by credit card, which when we checked in they said they accept. When we checked out the person on the front desk said the machine is not working and we have to pay another way. At this time I have no money and no PIN. Eventually she calls a manager from Ho Chi Minh City and he takes 15 seconds and swipes the card and it is authorsied. I assume that she does not have a clue how to swipe the card and just says to guests that its out of order. To make the special close of our trip she makes an error and charges us too much. We decided to sign the transaction and have a refund in cash in local currency.

If you go to this hotel, don't pay more than what is advertised. Always check the calculations and be prepared for problems. I really wish this hotel good luck in the future and I hope some good can come from my comments.

My e-mail again is MarkWilliamsUK@yahoo.com