“Great Place To Be”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sipalay
Sulu Sunset Beach Resort
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My girlfreind and I went to Sipalay to get away from the sometimes crowded Boracay, for some bonding time and to relax.
Sulusunset is the perfect place to be. Its at the End of the Sugar Beach so you will not get disturbed by the boats serving the other hotels. The different Bungalows are nice, specious and well maintained. Staff as well as the Owner are very helpful and service oriented without giving you the feeling its just a job for them. The restaurant at Sulusunset serves for me the best food along the beach. Thank you all for a very relaxing stay and we will definitely come back.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good. The Beachfront ones are amazing.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tilo K
There are newer reviews for Sulu Sunset Beach Resort

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Very nice bungalows with terrific attention to detail. The front bungalows are awesome. Wifi from your room. Quiet for sleeping: songbirds or loud gekkos are more likely than roosters to waken you. Nice restaurant / bar. Food was quite good and reasonably priced (less than others on the beach). Lots of sitting areas. Attentive staff and welcoming owner. We booked ahead and the resort boat picked us up in Sipilay. We looked at the other resorts on the beach and are glad we picked Sulu Sunset (nice gardens and more spacious grounds than others). Sugar beach itself is nice for swimming. Not much in the way of snorkeling. When we were there, there were some stingers in the water and there were sand flies about.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank FreeRangeChickens
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I am sitting right now at the resort, and I have been waiting almost two hours for my food. The owner doesn't seem to care.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Rejsende5487478
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Originally we had wanted to stay at Bermuda or Takatuka based on our 2009 Lonely Planet book but as they were both fully booked we chose Sulu Sunset as our back up option - it turns out the LP was a little sparse on their description and Sulu sunset was a fantastic resort! We stayed for 3 nights and wished we should have stayed for longer but had a flight in Cebu to catch and we couldn't change out dates.

The rooms were excellent build quality - a mix of European sturdiness but with a traditional Nipa hut feel. We've stayed in A LOT of Nipa huts over the last few months and this place definately felt well thought through, very comfortable and the bathroom had a fantastic hot shower. The price was fair at 900 pesos per night for Nipa hut 6 (which was a 30 second walk to the beach). The larger even more luxurious family cottages are the closest to the beach. Good selection of sun loungers and hammocks on the beach to relax on in the day and their masseuse was excellent (manicures and pedicures also available).

Food-wise the menu was extensive with a good range of meal options and very delicious! They even hosted a BBQ night which was good fun.

Location wise we felt it was at the prettier end of Sugar beach as you had stunning cliffs to the right of you and clear water and sandy (pebble/coral free) beach ahead. Lot of nice walks from the resort and if you swim round the headland some fantastic snorkelling!

We took the overground way to get there. 150pesos ride from Montilla past Nauhang village to the tidal river and then 20 pesos per person to get the paddle boat. Sweet 12 year old Calbo and 16 year old Wing Wing have taken over the paddle boat business from their dad and will even escort you to Sulu sunset if you want company during your 5 minute beach walk to get to the resort. They'll even take you on a paddle boat tour of the area for a few hundred pesos which we recommend as the pump boats are so noisy and expensive to hire.

Overall we'd definately stay at Sulu again!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank czaral
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This place is terrific! I have visited about 95 countries. It took me over 20 years to do this. I have hardly ever been at a more relaxed and nicer place! I like to feel at home at beautiful palm fringed beaches. I like hospitality, real tropical surroundings with rivers and green hills, good healthy food, a warm sea to swim, snorkel and dive, very friendly staff, outstanding amazing owner(s) who make(s) almost everything possible for you, nice inexpensive nipa huts... and a great atmosphere. All the above my wife and I found here and it was very difficult to leave this place! The other places at sugar beach apart from the Bermuda Beach Resort were either to kinky or to basic for me and less good value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Jokum
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Great friendly service with a smile. Checked out all the others on Sugar beach. This by far the best. Rained all the time we were there but didnt matter, still wanted to stay longer. My wife and I are Australians and stayed at Sulu August 2011 in the middle of the wet season. Didnt meet the owner who was away but well looked after by all the girls. So good we extended our stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank morant
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I've been travelling around the world for 15 years and I have never found a place as comfortable and welcoming as Sulu. Yogi the manager has built a place that is absolutely perfect in every way - a great bar, incredible food, rooms that will suit everyones budget from simple rooms to luxury rooms, a free pool table and lots of other games to keep you entertained and welcoming staff who attend to your needs with a smile. The beach is beautiful and surrounded by jungle and small villages, Yogi also organises boat trips to snorkel on a nearby shipwreck with lots of fish and coral - what a place !! Amazing !!! Can't recommend Sulu enough - make the trip here - you won't want to leave !!!

Room Tip: Sulu has rooms for every budget
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank deathofthepostcard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sipalay
Nabulao Beach Resort
#2 of 5 in Sipalay
Easy Diving and Beach Resort
Takatuka Beach and Dive Resort
Punta Bulata Resort & Spa

Been to Sulu Sunset Beach Resort? Share your experiences!