“Paradise”

Nataasan Beach Resort & Dive Center
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Sipalay
“Paradise”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Great view of the whole beach. It has everything you need WiFi, cable tv and a pool. The food was great it was worth the price. The rooms were terrific just the right size and with great ambiance and view of the ocean. Come and visit the place. It's just perfect.

• Stayed May 2011
5 Thank Rachelmed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
bacolod city
Reviewed May 1, 2011

it was our second time to visit sipalay and we decided to try Nataasan beach resort and dive center...We brought our 3 yr old daughter with us... I was surprised that the place was very nice and clean... we stayed at their new poolside building...facilities are new... nice big pool with poolside bar (soon to operate)... we met the owners of the resort...very friendly and accomodating couple... no wonder the place is so clean and organized because they personally run the resort & taking care of every detail...the staff is very friendly and accomodating... maintenance staff working round the clock to clean the pool and surrounding area... food in the restaurant tastes delicious but only quite expensive...a stairway is located at the resort if you want to go down to the beach for a swim and check neighboring resorts...but the only thing missing is there are no TVs inside the rooms (TV with cable is located at the restaurant) and also refrigerator...no outside food is allowed... for me and my family nataasan beach resort and dive center is the best place to stay and relax in sipalay"

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank seahorse_princess
SE Asia
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Stumbled across this little gem of a place by accident and am so glad I did.

First things first. If you want to be on the beach then place isnt for you. It sits perches up on top of the hill with panoramic views over the whole bay. Stunning. There are steps down to the beach when you want to head down there for a stroll or a swim. But there is a brand new pool on site so why would you bother?

I stayed in a charming cottage with great views of the bay. Very spacious, well equipped and thoughtout. All the usual amenities minus a tv and room fridge but i really didnt miss either. There is great wifi on site and good cell phone coverage for those who need to do some work and keep in touch with the outside world.

Food is excellent, some of the best I have had in the Philippines and the chicken adobo is indeed a first rate interpretation of the classic dish. Service is superb and the staff are all very enthusiastic and eager to help. One minor criticism would be that the towels should be changed daily in the rooms and if they are not going to be then the guests informed at the beginning of their stay. The resort is really well designed constructed to western standards but still retains a native feel.

This is a great place to stay and I will be back in early March for another relaxing few days if they have a room for me. Get in early before the rest of the travelling world finds out about this place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nonbg123
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We enjoyed our stay there immensely. Their furnishings are top quality and the grounds are neat & well kept. The small restaurant in the main lodge provided good food at a reasonable cost. The owner & his wife are from Europe and are committed to providing a clean, comfortable and efficient place for their quests. I’ve been back since March and they’re building a new lodging building around a new pool & courtyard – which is absolutely beautiful & amazing! It will have the pool flowing into a lower pool at a subterraneous poolside bar –a very classy touch!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank richly
Cape Cod USA
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Now... I should have written this review a long time ago because I have since stayed here again and will be writing another review but to the best of my knowledge and awesome lifetime memories, the following is how I felt at the time. In the next more current review I will be more detailed as to the new renovations and awesome pool that will be finished by my 3rd stay.........

Immediately upon arriving I was greated by a warm and illustrious smile and I felt at home within the first 5 minutes. This was just the begining of the personalized service that was to come during my stay. The staff was terrific and unforgetable, the resort Owners/Operators John and Gisela and their daughter Lana made me feel like family the first night. I arrived somewhere around December 27th, 2009 for some alone and quiet down time but for also some adventure if wanted. I got EXACTLY what I came for! So much that my 7 day trip turned into a 14 day trip because after discussing SCUBA diving with the owners I decided to sign up for and PADI Open Water and Advanced course at a Artistic Dive Resort (Great staff and atmosphere there as well!) a short walk from Nataasan of whom which Nataasan utilizes for their diving while they are making some amazing detail oriented expansions and upgrades.

I spent New Years Eve at the resort and Nataasan set up an awesome Bon Fire on the beach along with the other few resorts. They brought down coolers full with what ever you wanted. They all paid attention to detail so they pretty much knew what you were going to want and anticipated any "maybe's" without asking. What an unforgetable night!

THE RESORT- What an amazing site to see when you arrive, a consistent theme of authentic Nipa/Bamboo style huts and outbuildings. The theme carried itself throughout the resorts from the interiors of the buildings down the stairs to the Punto Ballo beach.

MY ROOM- I decided to stay in one of the private bungalos which were solid, secure and very clean. The Aircon worked fantastic and the beds were comfortable and I slept as well as I would have in my own bed.

THE STAFF- As mentioned above.........in my opinion.....Perfect!

THE FOOD- My first meal was amazing, fresh HUGE Prawns with a zesty garlic/ginger sauce combination that left you licking your fingers and wanting more even though you couldn't fit any more. The rest of the menu had all the varieties of great Filippino dishes and a great assembly of others from Italian to German. If they overheard you talking about a dish you would like to try or have that was not on the menu, they would do everything they could do to accomodate. Prices and portions where very reasonable and I didn't have anything that left me unsatisfied. Bar was well stocked and had Ice cold soft drinks and beers to a pretty well stocked liquor supply. Well, At least they had my buddy Jack around for my late night rants and raves about being able to breathe underwater and swimming with fishies.

THE VIEW!!!! Best View I have had in any hotel room/resort I have stayed at, just read the other reviews..and see my pics.

CONSIDERATIONS- This place is perfect for divers looking for a quiet place to rest their heads after a nice day of diving and also for family friendly adventures and relaxation Also this would be an amazing romantic getaway for any couple.

However, just a small note to consider: If you have difficulty walking up and down stairs NO PROBLEM, just ask the owner and I am sure he will accomodate you with a ride down to an easier access point to the beach. The stairs to the beach from the resort in my opinion are an asset because If there wasn't a need then the place would not be as special and have such amazing views!

Im very serious when I say what ever you are looking for during your vacation all you need to do is send an email with some requests and if they can accomodate you then they will!

Second review to come(Promise it won't be that long agian, well I'll try).....

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank WatersideCapeCodUSA
Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I decided to write a review of this resort on the strength of one visit while staying in a nearby resort.We found this place by accident when we went for a walk and found the staircase that leads from the beach up the cliff to the resort.What a surprise we got when we got to the top.The resort is all timber and the cottages are joined by above ground walkways.All the timber is polished and the whole place is spotless.Because the resort is perched on the cliff top the views out to sea are spectacular.We had a meal while we there and the children with us enjoyed the big screen tv in the dining room.My wife and i enjoyed the meal and the friendly service.They dont seem to be set up for diving yet but there are plenty of options for this at the nearby resorts.This would be the perfect place for a quiet holiday,especially if you wanted to just relax,read a book and enjoy some good food.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank paulparsons1
NJ
Reviewed February 16, 2010

We went to this resort in July, 2009 in the middle of the rainy season. This would not be the best time to go here, but my family and I still had a nice, peaceful time. We were looking for a laid-back, relaxing experience in a beautiful setting - away from the noise and distractions of technology and that's exactly what we got.

The resort was located high on a cliff and there were a cottages connected by wooden walkways that was rustic and beautiful. This setting gave us breathtaking views of the beach and we also liked how we did not need a boat to get to this place. The cottage had two double beds and a clean bathroom. The best part of the cottages were the balconies with the most beautiful views of the beach. There was no tv or internet in the rooms (just the way we like it), but there was tv in the main building/restaurant when we wanted to catch the news and so forth.

To get to the beach, we had to go down long flights of wooden stairs that was quite an adventure for the kids but was not recommended for the older people who are afraid of heights. The beach itself was as good as would be expected during the rainy season. There were seaweeds and some rocks so it might not be recommended to completely go barefoot, but the water was warm and we had a nice time playing on the beach. We only spent the weekend, though, and off season so no diving, etc. But it was a nice weekend escape.

I would definitely stay in this place again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Mims26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sipalay
Jamont Hotel
#2 of 5 in Sipalay
Punta Bulata Resort & Spa
Easy Diving and Beach Resort
Whispering Palms Island Resort

Been to Nataasan Beach Resort & Dive Center? Share your experiences!