“Idyllic rural Normandy”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

AdamPK
London
“Idyllic rural Normandy”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

This was our first holiday abroad with our four-month old baby. We wanted somewhere with a bit of space where we we'd enjoy spending time - more than just a base for exploring the countryside.

It's perfect for both but it's got style as well. If the weather is okay there is so much to do and see within a short drive - picture perfect villages, beaches, historical sites, horseriding, cider/calvados tasting. However, even in the miserable weather, it's the perfect place to throw some wood onto the fire, open a bottle of wine and watch DVDs from the library or relax in the hot tub! We loved it.

The owners are friendly but respectfully keep their distance. The house was spacious, surrounded by fields in every direction, it's clean and very well decorated with beautiful and quirky antiques - but with all the mod cons you'd want from a big TV with cable/DVD to little touches like the rain showers and Nespresso machine.

The fridge/larger was well stocked with the essentials for cooking and the nearest village is a two-minute drive with everything you need from butcher, baker and grocery store - the locals are very friendly. We had great trips to Trouville, Deauville and Honfleur, not to mention other closer places like Cambremer. We completely switched off from work and London life - we recommend the cottage highly.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Style of the property
Liked least: Not using the hot tub enough!
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Dec 1, 2013
Thanks Adam for the nice review : it was a pleasure to have you around !!! See you soon and all the best, Thierry
ReneeEric...
Seattle, Washington
“My favorite place to be in Normandy!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Lucky for me I managed to find this home a few years ago and have been able to return. I can't say enough about how much I enjoy my time at Thierry and Caroline's home in Bonnebosq. Waking up to two adorable donkeys, beautiful gardens and a rolling hill out your front door... it becomes really hard to leave. Normandy is a perfect side trip from Paris and such a unique experience, unlike the rest of France. Book your trip now, you will love it!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hard to say, the donkeys, our hosts and probably the cheese ;-)
Liked least: having to leave
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks a lot Renee for taking some time to place a review on La Vie de Cocagne. We miss you and hope to see you soon again ! Best, Thierry
Wirral
Reviewed October 3, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Surrey
Reviewed February 5, 2011 for a stay in June 2010

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44

Reviewed January 15, 2011 for a stay in October 2009

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing