Peppers Bluewater Resort
Mt Dobson Motel(Fairlie)(Great Value!)
$82
$128
$118
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Godley Hotel(Lake Tekapo)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
3,420 results
All reviewsbuffet breakfastlake viewthe ground floorliving areabedroom apartmentfull kitchenwashing machineheat pumpbeautiful locationone night staysouth islandhot poolsamazing viewstekapoupstairsaccommodationpumps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

if you pay for the larger rooms with views. They have some very cramped studios with no view for folks with more of a budget - we switched to the lake view and it was well worth it! Top floor, huge room, excellent views, upgraded bathroom. The restaurant has good food, not too pricy, but McKenzie's in town has Stonegrill dining, a very unique way to cook your own meat.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a lake view king. The units closest to the road aren't too noisy and have the best views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
andrewmfreak, General Manager at Peppers Bluewater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Kia ora David R,

Thanks for your comments David!
We are really pleased you opted for the larger room, and thoroughly enjoyed the view and amenities alike.

We cannot thank you enough for your genuine comments.

With thanks,

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night and it was the most expensive accommodation we stayed in for our whole trip
The room was spacious with great fittings and had a nice view of the lake as well
Nice spot but can't say it was great value for money

• Stayed: April 2013

Kia ora Browny36,

We apologise that you did not feel your room was necessarily value for money, but we are glad you enjoyed both the room fittings, and the view of the lake.

We do appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This resort was not what we expected. We left the booking Bluewater resort to friends who might have been misled by the advertising. Our room was a tiny, boxlike place with a bathroom which was about one-half the size of the accommodation. That didn't make sense.
Two of us crammed into the room. Luckily, the bed was comfortable as that was where we had to sit.
The restaurant had an unusual menu - hare was on the list - and the wine was absurdly overpriced. (We ate at the pub which had a more conventional menu and wine more reasonably priced. The food at the pub was excellent by the way!)
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone given our experience. If you are inclined to stay at this 'resort', I suggest you find out beforehand what your room is like.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Kia ora BowralNSW,

We appreciate your honest feedback.
The Standard Hotel Room is unfortunately not blessed for size, but is functional if you are looking for a 'sleep & go' type option.
We are disappointed that you did not like the menu choices or the wine prices. We do feel that the wine prices are consistent with equivalent venues in the marketplace. The menu itself serves to highlight unique, local ingredients that best represents the region. We can appreciate that hare is not for everyone, but we do have more familiar items on offer.

Sincere thanks,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Peppers Bluewater Resort was ideally situated with views of Lake Tekapo, which is an amazing blue lake. We arrived slightly early but took the advice of the receptionist to go up to the lookout at Mt. John which was well worth it, unbelievable views.
We were also advised to visit the hot springs, and this was also a great tip. Nice views over the mountains while enjoying the hot spa pools.
On our return the room was ready, spacious two bedroom apartment with all the mod cons.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Kia ora Lyn P,

Great review - thank you very much!

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a fantastic time, and I am particularly pleased that you found your apartment to be so spacious and comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice place to stay but I think the term "resort" is a bit of a stretch. For me "resort" means a bit of luxury, and while quite lovely, I dont think this place really delivered the level of service/s I was expecting. I specifically decided to treat myself with staying here, and overall it was a good place to stay but not exactly as swanky as I expected.
The place is themed to blend in with the landscape of the area and it achieves this very well, lots of tussoks about the property and neutral tones throughout. I stayed in one of the lakeview rooms (again, I chose this specifically) and out of everything this is what made the stay worth it. My room was mostly windows so the views were lovely, and sitting out on the balcony was a delight. Nice size room and great bathroom with a shower and bathtub. Be warned though- the rooms are up 2 flights of stairs. Worth it for the view though! Staff did not offer to help with bags, which was a bit strange seeing as how they knew what room I was in. It does say in the handbook that you can call for a porter to assist but for a 'resort' I would have expected to be offered this on check in. I did notice a lot of scuff marks on the walls in the stairwell, so I'm thinking most people are carrying their own bags up! No biggie, but its the little things that let this place down.
Wifi is available in rooms for a cost but have to say that I was a bit disappointed that both times I went to purchase an hour they had run out of codes and instead had to buy 2 half hour cards which worked out more expensive (was quite surprised staff didn't offer it to me at the cheaper price seeing as how they had run out!).
Tea and coffee making facilites were welcome, didn't get a chance to try the restaurant. Bed was quite comfy, and overall the room had a cozy feel, few scuffs and chips starting to show about the place though. Bathroom was beautiful as was the addition of the balcony (although think my door needed some WD40 on the hinge as it squeaked very loudly everytime I opened it). Also the only place I stayed on my entire trip that had aircon!
Would probably stay here again for that lovely view, but only in a lakeview room, probably wouldn't bother with any of the other rooms. A good place overall (had to rate "very good" because there is no "good" and it was better than "average") but just a few flaws letting them down.

Room Tip: I'd recommend the lakeview rooms! Probably wouldn't bother otherwise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Kia ora aj_05529010,

We are regretful that our resort did not meet your expectations in terms of luxury.. The property itself is 4 plus rated according to New Zealand tourism's official quality assurance organisation, Qualmark. We do offer a wide variety of room configurations and activities, predominantly focussed on unique outdoor experiences.

We're certainly very glad you opted for the lake view apartment, and that you found so many aspects of your room to your liking. There are a number of excellent concerns you have raised - so thank you - I will ensure we take these points on board.

With thanks,