Three Rivers Lodge
Mantra Lake Tekapo(Lake Tekapo)
$258
  • Pool
$184
$87
  • Restaurant
Lake Tekapo Cottages(Lake Tekapo)(Great Value!)
$173
$168
Lake Tekapo Lodge(Lake Tekapo)
Tekapo Heights(Lake Tekapo)
Lakeview Tekapo(Lake Tekapo)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat hostsriver roommueslisouth islandfantastic viewscooked breakfastour short staybreakfast was includedstayed longercomfortable bedsstayed for nightsminute driveour honeymoonlake and mountainsother guestsquiet locationsky tv
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I should have written this long ago as we were here in December 2012 but I have been very busy and unwell to update my travel review till now.

Lake Tekapo is a very beautiful place and Three Rivers Lodge is a very beautiful place to stay.

We have to book the 2 bedrooms apartment as we have 3 young kids. Upon arrival, I told my hubby I m going to love my stay cos the surrounding is just so picturesque. Joanne welcome us and led us to a separate house behind hers. Turn out that was our 2 bedrooms apartment. It was so new, stylish and tastefully furnished. Most of all it was sparkly clean and this is my top priority when I book any hotels.
There is free wifi and beds are comfortable. Washer is provided.

Joanne has a very cute dog Snoopy and my kids enjoyed playing throw & fetch with him. Such a friendly dog! Till now 9 months later, kids are still talking about Snoopy and the beautiful house!

I had always wanted to try b& b but with 3 kids, it was quite impossible. I asked if Joanne could cook us breakfast for a fee so that I can experience b&b for once. She kindly agreed and we had nice hott brekkie with other guests the next day in her house. It was nice of her to arrange a separate small table for kids to enjoy their breakfast just beside us . Enjoyed chatting with Joanne and her husband, Dennis as they shared where we should go to capture nice photos. This place is so homely that while we drove out for dinner and sightseeing, kids kept telling their
Daddy they want to go back 'home'! LOL!
Star gazing here is fantastic and I will never forget this beautiful sight.

Dear Joanne & Dennis, if you are reading this, just wanna say that you guys have done a great job in making our short stay at Lake Tekapo so memorable. If we had known earlier, we would have cancelled our night at Mt Cook and come stay for another night. If we ever go to Lake Tekapo again, we will definitely choose to stay with you again. Hope you remember us too!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank jglin
ThreeRiversLodge, Owner at Three Rivers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thank you so much for the review. I am very sorry to hear that you have been unwell and do hope that all is well now. Of course we remember you all. It was a delight to have you all stay and the kids were fantastic. I think Snoopy loved them as much as they enjoyed him. I was also pleased to be able to work out a way to have you all join us in the main house for breakfast. Although a little makeshift I think the kids felt quite special on their own table for the breakfast.
We do hope you will get the opportunity to come back to NZ and visit us hear in Lake Tekapo, you and your family are very special and it would be a treat to see you all again and see how the kids have grown.
Again I hope your health is better now. Take care and thank you
Joanne
PS - Dennis says hi too and thank you so much for the very kind words.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spectacular view, great hospitality! Just wish we stayed longer than one night and take the star-gazing tour. Star gazing at Lake Tekapo was absolutely breathtaking, even just outside the room. The rooms, the hosts and their dog accompanied by the most amazing view at summertime was really an experience to remember.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and agree that more than 1 night is required to be able to enjoy the area. Hopefully you will come back and spend longer next time.
Take care

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The best accommodation we had on our month long holiday in NZ
we wished we could have stayed longer
the room was excellant the breakfast was the best
This is a 5 star property
And Joanne & Dennis were the perfect hosts
And lake Tekapo is just a wonderful place
thank you for having us - we will be back
Barry & Cherrie

Room Tip: only 2 single rooms and a unit all perfect
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We do hope you get the chance to come back again. Note we actually have 3 rooms for 2 adults and the 2 bedroom apartment for a maximum of 4 adults and 1 child. We do not advertise the 3rd room online but it is available for direct bookings through email enquiries.
Take Care

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had one night here on our way from Wanaka to Mount Hutt but I wish we could have stayed for longer. The first thing that strikes you is the amazing views of the lake and mountains right from your room. The 2 B&B rooms are very well presented and the bed is very comfy. Joanne was the perfect host, providing us with recommendations for things to do and where to eat and booking us a table for dinner. Breakfast was delicious and it was fascinating to share our traveller stories with her. We would definitely like to come again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the review. We love hearing all the traveller stories from all over the world and breakfast is our favourite time of day enjoying the company and conversation with our guests. I do hope you get a chance to come back to NZ and spend a little more time with us and in Lake Tekapo.
Regards

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of August and were pleased to find a two bedroom unit with kitchen, bathroom, laundry facilities, cable tv reception and adequate heating. Joanne was lovely and recommended some hiking trails and even provided us with extra towels for Tekapo Springs (a must after a big hike).
Comfortable beds, striking views of the surrounding mountains. Very close to the tiny town centre.

Room Tip: If you're expecting breakfast, you need to tell them beforehand and it's $15/person.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please note that breakfast is included in the B&B rooms, as the apartment has a full kitchen most guests cook or provide their own breakfast. However if requested we are willing to cook breakfast at the small additional fee.
Regards