“Great location, great lodging”

Lake Tekapo Village Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lake Tekapo
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Two Australian families stayed here. One in upstairs apartment, one down. Views from both to lake were great. Rooms were very comfortable, even for a family of five (with 3 teenagers). Hosts very friendly. Wish we had of had 2 nights in Lake Tekapo plenty to see and do.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Lake Tekapo Village Motel

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Travelled with my spouse and 7 year old. Stayed for a night in Dec 2013 in an Upstairs Studio with 1 Queen and 1 Sofa bed. Host was friendly and showed us to our room. She gave us the corner room as per our request for a quiet room. At least some owners bother to read the customer's request. There are several staircases serving the rooms upstairs, so it is unlikely that you will be disturbed. Lake view from the room is breathtaking! The view alone is worth a "Very Good" rating! However, room, furniture and equipment look tired and are in need of an upgrade. Resort is centrally located and near everything that you will need. The wind outside was very strong the night we stayed, and it kept us awake for large parts, but of course, no fault of the resort. Overall, enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs unit for breathtaking lake views
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Don Y, Owner at Lake Tekapo Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to review your experience.
I am pleased you enjoyed your views, and appreciated the efforts we make to satisfy our guests requests if possible.
I was a little surprised at your observation that our room and furniture needed upgrading. In June and September 2013, we refurbished all our studio units, replacing carpet and all joinery, repainted, and have just recently replaced bed covers. Beds, couches and drapes have been replaced within the last 2-4 years, and we intend replacing the bathroom joinery, and all family unit joinery in May / June this year. We will certainly look at replacing crockery etc more frequently, and yes, our phones look tired! We will pay more attention to the little things that may detract from our room’s appearance.
Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This resort is the nearest location to the beautiful Lake Tekapo. I enjoyed every second of my time viewing the ever changing sky from the morning sunrise till midnight starry sky.
The sky here seems so near to earth that you can even touch the stars in the sky. This is my second visit to this place and The Lake Tekapo Scenic Resort is just the right host for me, she is so friendly and helpful, I like her big smile especially.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

As soon as we entered our upstairs-studio room we were blown away by the exceptional views of Lwke Tekapo. The room was simple, well appointed with everything you'd want in a motel and the bed was comfortable. The price was also very competitive. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of four. We had a one bedroom (mum dad) and a single bed and a sofa bed in the living room. the The place was tired looking and not very spacious. It had an odor when we first stepped into the room.

The place was clean and provided the basic facilities nevertheless. Don who hosted us was helpful and kind. It has 50mb Internet complimentary as well.

We thought it was a bit expensive for what we get. But we understand it was a busy time of the year so no worries.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Duffgleamer
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night. It is located in the middle of the Tekapo Village and is right next to the convenience store, restaurants, Earth & Sky star tours, petrol station, cafés, and a stones throw away from the Church of the Good Shepherd.

Mo stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm, and I didn't expect much when I booked my room. But when I checked in and got shown my room, I was surprised at how roomy it was( especially after experiencing the dorms in Queenstown). The beds were firm but soft at the same time, each bed had access to it's own power socket, which was very handy.

The bathrooms were very close to the rooms, and were very clean. The water pressure in the showers were very strong, I loved it especially after being baked in the sun for the whole day.

I didn't get to use the tv area, because after taking my shower, I was too relaxed to do anything ... I simply wanted to go back to my room and do a bit of light stretching.

The Church of the Good Shepherd was less than 3 minutes walk away, so that was good thing, it meant I could spend more time out around the Church taking more pics.

I would highly recommend staying at this place, the owners are extremely down to earth and very friendly. I would stay at this place the next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank PhilofOZ
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Perfect location right in the middle of town with the walkway to the lake right from the property. Great views and handy to a number of restaurants and small supermarket. We had a small apartment, well kitted out kitchenette, lounge and double bedroom. Good facilities and clean. Very friendly staff. Couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family