The Godley Hotel(Lake Tekapo)
$100
$66
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$103
$82
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

Lake Tekapo Village Motel(Lake Tekapo)(Great Value!)
$135
$127
Three Rivers Lodge(Lake Tekapo)
$301
Creel House(Lake Tekapo)(Great Value!)
$109
Mantra Lake Tekapo(Lake Tekapo)
$180
  • Pool
Lakeview Tekapo(Lake Tekapo)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspotting shedtui cottagegreat locationheat pumpsuited our needseaster breakthe kitchenan enjoyable staystayed nightsfree wifihot showerhome away from homenew zealandgreat place to stayrowanchurchshepherd
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Booked a 3 bedroom cottage for me, my husband and twin girls for two nights about two months ago through booking.com. I specifically looked at pet friendly accomodation as we also have our little bichon with us. 5 minutes away from Lake Tekapo I get a phone call from lake Tekapo cottages telling me that my dog was not allowed to stay and he would have to stay in the car. I said we are just bout in Tekapo so will come and talk soon. Turned up to the place and was met by one of the staff and she was so incredibly rude. I have never in my entire life encountered someone so rude before. She was actually yelling at me like it was all my fault. I said your place says pet friendly and she said we are but the place you have booked doesn't like dogs so will have to stay in the car. I said he can't as he will just bark and whine the whole time. She told me that I had booked a 4 bedroom place when I had proof that it was the 3 bedroom place and then tried to charge me for an extra kid on top of what had already been agreed on booking.com. She then rung up someone and was talking to him like I wasn't there and even he was rude as she had him on speaker and then said to him she is telling me that the kids are the same age of 3 (well hello they are twins of course they are the same age)...... When I walked in the place was untidy and smelled like someone had been smoking in there for years. A horrible horrible experience and I would not recommend it to anyone. In fact you are lucky I don't go to fair go as it was horrendous how I was treated.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2017

We booked and stayed at the Tui Cottage and were not disappointed. The owner was very friendly and helpful, the location was great, and the cottage was clean and comfy. We only stayed here for a night, but it totally suited our needs and being a short walk away from the Church of the Good Shepherd and the main road in town was great. We were able to walk to restaurants for dinner, walk to the local shops, and walk to the church for some photo ops. The place was a bit hard to find at first, but once we found it we realized just how perfect the location was.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2017

The Potting Shed is only good if you are drunk and don't care where you sleep, or if you have no where else to go. It literally still feels like an old potting shed. There was one blanket, no electric blanket, the smoke detector wasn't visible as only the casing was on the ceiling, so we didn't use the heater, until 3:00am when I got desperate and chanced burning to death. I found the detector by the door on my way out - I couldn't leave fast enough.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Cute little home away from home for me set in beautiful cottage gardens. Booking was easy and always prompt responses to email queries from Stephen. Quaint old fashioned charming cottage within few minutes walk to the Church or over footbridge to restaurants. Stephen made sure the cottage was nice and warm when I arrived as it was a very cold day. Not huge space so if you have big suitcases so best to choose another cottage if there's 2 of you. Amina cooks delicious Thai food if she's happy and able to provide a meal for you. I was very lucky indeed to try her yummy cooking. Will return if I come back to Lake Tekapo.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2017

Lake Tekapo Cottages was a poor choice and a great disappointment in so many levels.

The flies and mosquitoes ruled the evening when we arrived. The unit/apartment we stayed in was very big, much bigger than we expected, but it felt like staying in a granny's home that hasn't been renovated since she moved in in her 20s. The walls are yellowish, the furnitures are ugly and stinky. Don't get me wrong, I love old things, but not when they're filthy and unkempt.

In morning, in daylight, it looked slightly better than the gloomy night, but just a bit. You'd expect to be able to view the lake in a place called 'Lake Tekapo', but not from this property. The water is hidden well behind other buildings.

Also, the 16 NZD optional breakfast that was offered on Booking.com and was mentioned in the booking confirmation wasn't an option. They sent us to other places in the village centre, a five minutes drive away. Not a deal breaker, but would be nice to know it before arriving at the place.

On the bright side, the lake is a few minutes walk and the old church nearby is a local tourist attraction. The unit had two spacious bedrooms (we expected a double bad). But at 190 NZD for night, it was a great disappointment. I wouldn't recommend to stay for such a price.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple