“Great Food and Service”

Pepes Pizza & Pasta Restaurant
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Pepes was recommended from our Inn keeper (the owner at Lake Tekapo), we were pleased with the service we got while we waited for our order, the girls at the bar told me about Lake Tekapo and what not to miss (very nice). We wanted to eat late so we ordered lasagna so we could reheat it (after star gazing :)). It was perfect with a salad.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Confusing front of restaurant, stood waiting for someone to greet us. However, service was quick and pizza was good. Not great selection though, and a touch too expensive. Great service by the waitress from Birmingham (didn't get her name), who went the extra mile when we asked for a Dom Pedro - listened carefully and made it really well.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

2nd time here actually, pizza's is great and so was the apple crumble. Have not tried their other offerings on the menu. No complaints on the service either.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My partner and I are travelling around NZ from Ireland and during our visit to Lake Tekapo we decided to try out a Pizza at Pepes. So in we went and before we had even spoke, the extremely rude waitress asked me for ID - firstly I don't mind being asked for ID (even tho I am 27) i take it as a compliment :) secondly I don't know why I was being ID'd because we hadn't ordered any alcohol - in fact I actually don't drink alcohol :) all we were after was pizza and pasta. I didn't have ID on me so I walked 15 minutes back to our hotel and presented the said rude waitress with my UK driving licence. I was expecting to hear an apology - how wrong was I! She snapped at me and said we cannot accept a UK driving licence - I'm not sure why because the NZ police accept it. I explained that all we wanted was some food but this wasn't good enough. The restaurant was completely empty apart from a woman and her 5 year old son - which begs the question - why was the 5 year old boy allowed on the premises? Anyway the rude waitress knew that I was over the age of 18 but it just seemed like she was point scoring so we took our business else where! I didn't fancy walking 15 minutes back to the hotel to get my passport! We went to McKensies (2 doors down) and had a delightful meal, steak cooked on a hot stone and blue cod for me. So they actually did us a favour...

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We ordered the vege pasta for takeaway one night and not very happy about it at all. It tasted quite sour and weird. Initially I thought it was just me, but my husband tried it and totally agreed with me. We have to thrown it away at the end.
According to the menu, the vege vindication pizza ingredients don't include onions but one third of the pasts actually consists of onions. There is definately room to improve the vege pasta.