“Quite good Pizzas and Crumble”
Review of Pepes Pizza & Pasta Restaurant - CLOSED

Pepes Pizza & Pasta Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012

2nd time here actually, pizza's is great and so was the apple crumble. Have not tried their other offerings on the menu. No complaints on the service either.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My partner and I are travelling around NZ from Ireland and during our visit to Lake Tekapo we decided to try out a Pizza at Pepes. So in we went and before we had even spoke, the extremely rude waitress asked me for ID - firstly I don't mind being asked for ID (even tho I am 27) i take it as a compliment :) secondly I don't know why I was being ID'd because we hadn't ordered any alcohol - in fact I actually don't drink alcohol :) all we were after was pizza and pasta. I didn't have ID on me so I walked 15 minutes back to our hotel and presented the said rude waitress with my UK driving licence. I was expecting to hear an apology - how wrong was I! She snapped at me and said we cannot accept a UK driving licence - I'm not sure why because the NZ police accept it. I explained that all we wanted was some food but this wasn't good enough. The restaurant was completely empty apart from a woman and her 5 year old son - which begs the question - why was the 5 year old boy allowed on the premises? Anyway the rude waitress knew that I was over the age of 18 but it just seemed like she was point scoring so we took our business else where! I didn't fancy walking 15 minutes back to the hotel to get my passport! We went to McKensies (2 doors down) and had a delightful meal, steak cooked on a hot stone and blue cod for me. So they actually did us a favour...

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We ordered the vege pasta for takeaway one night and not very happy about it at all. It tasted quite sour and weird. Initially I thought it was just me, but my husband tried it and totally agreed with me. We have to thrown it away at the end.
According to the menu, the vege vindication pizza ingredients don't include onions but one third of the pasts actually consists of onions. There is definately room to improve the vege pasta.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great pizza and nice minestrone soup. Busy place so get there early. Waiting staff could be a bit friendlier, seemed to be mostly foreigners that might be a bit over such a small town. Dunno, but the food was good!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Food was great and the pizza very nice. I would go back again next time I am in Tekapo. Great value as well.