“Fantastic pizza”

Great Eastern Hakka Restaurant
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Was told that the pizza in this place was worth trying. At first I didn't really believe that an Asian restaurant would sell pizza at all, so I decided to see if what everyone said was true and went to grab some takeaway. After trying this chef's special I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! Amazing amazing pizza, would absolutely recommend trying.

10  Thank alfhayles_gilwil

Reviewed June 18, 2017

I visited here as part of a weeknight group get together. We opted to share a range of chinese and hakka dishes and I was particularly impressed when I asked if there were any garlic free items on the menu (due to an intolerance) and was advised that as everything is cooked fresh they could definitely adapt a number of menu items to be garlic free. The waitress then made some suggestions which we went with, combining a range of both garlic free dishes and those with it in for the group. For entree I had Vegetable Spring Rolls and Hakka Fried Chicken (without the sauce, still delicious), for main Szechuan Beef and Hoisin Duck. All were really tasty. We were so full we couldn't fit any dessert in! Overall a great night out and I really appreciated the accommodating service. I will definitely be back!

10  Thank FifiDZure
Reviewed June 4, 2017

I have grown up in Scandinavia and these pizza's were weekly treat back home. I am so glad to have discovered that Great Eastern Hakka deliver exactly that. We have been dining here for years and they have never ever disappointed. Always provide consistency in their dishes.

These pizzas are with a thing base (so don't expect a thick base pizza!).

The indochinese dishes are spicy, especially Veg Manchurian, which is just the way we like it.

Highly recommended!

10  Thank anilandpriyanka
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Great fusion pizzas in Melbourne - Thai Basil, Marinated Chicken in Thai spices, Spanish onion, Pineapple, topped with garlic and fresh chilli

11  Thank Jag B
Reviewed January 13, 2017

The Indian Chinese food is interesting but not amazing. The Swedish pizzas are really the jewel in the crown. Though they are very expensive, they are certainly worth the try.They are thin and hence you will need to order about 1 per person or 2 to share by 3. Finger licking good!

13  Thank Cloud_Ocean_Zen