“Getting a bit tired”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We have been going to this restaurant for many years but over the last 12 cmonths have noticed that the quality of the food has gone off a bit and it is becoming mose erxpensive to dine there.

There is no dount that the service ios still very good but cannot help but wonder if the chef has changed at some stage.
Certainly not the restaurant which is knew would provide a constantly good meal.

1  Thank Dencal1945
There are newer reviews for Bistro Empress

Reviewed April 18, 2012

It was a last minute booking for a large group. They fit us in and the meal was delicious. Their wine list is exceptional. Very enjoyable.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Visited this restaurant mid week with a small group.

A large group arrived during our meal and the service and attention from staff subsequently dropped.

However, the food was unbeleivably good and highly recommended.

2  Thank Fan-tc
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I decided to try this restaurant after being referred to this restaurant by a friend. I was told it didn't look much from the outside but it was a completely different story once you walked through the doors. How right they were. I went there with family including my elderly mother. The staff were fantastic from the moment we entered the restaurant. They made a huge fuss over my mother making sure she was comfortable and spoilt rotten. The first dish I had was the shredded duck and mushroom soup. This certainly the best soup I have ever tasted. The duck melted in your mouth and the spices that were included in the soup were out of this world. Truly an amazing way to start the night. The four dishes we ordered were the Cantonese Fillet Steak, Szechuan Scallops, BBQ Pork and Honey Chicken.

The Cantonese Fillet Steak was served on a sizzling plate and was the pick of the dishes for me. It melted in my mouth and the spices lit up my mouth. Truly a dish to order. The Szechuan Scallops were wok tossed in a sweet szechuan chilli sauce and served on a sizzling plate. I have never seen scallops that big before. This dish was also outstanding. The Honey Chicken was deep fried chicken balls coated in honey and topped with sesame and cashews. This dish was was enjoyed by my brother in particular who said was the best honey chicken he had ever had. The Sweet and Sour Pork was bbq in sweet and sour sauce, with capsicum and onions. This dish was particularly loved by my mother who was still being spoilt rotten by the staff. These dishes were all served with special fried rice and were followed by mouth watering deserts.

Don't be fooled by the exterior of this restaurant because inside is the Jewel of the Orient. Fantastic night was had by all.

1  Thank Wineguy1744
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Food was excellent, service was good, drinks were good.

1  Thank Elizabeth G