“Always excellent and highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mocha Jo's

Mocha Jo's
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Always excellent and highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

There has never been an occasion when I have not enjoyed the meal, the wine and the atmosphere of this great little restaurant in the heart of Glen Waverley. The waiters are attentive, professional, friendly (but not over the top) and the service is always excellent. I honestly can say that I have never had a bad experience dining at the restaurant. I have enjoyed delicious breakfasts, amazing lunches and scrumptious dinners. For lunch today my friend and I chose the $38 set meal (two courses with a choice of entree, mains and dessert, glass of wine and coffee). We chose to share the entree and dessert and both ordered the grilled fresh fish with asparagus ($28) and cleared the plate. So what great value.. but note this set meal is only available Monday to Friday at this price. On separate occasions I have tried many of the other dishes (the calamari main or calamari salad is highly recommended) and the salads are always fresh and around $18. I love the chicken, baby beet and feta salad. They also make a great coffee. I've attended this restaurant with my husband, friends and our adult children and their partners and they also have love the food and experience. Bookings highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“One of the best burger ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I went here today after being ignored by the staff at the restaurant opposite called Zest 89.

I was greeted straightaway and treated well as what supposely was expected from this kind of restaurant.

The burger was freshly made with steak chips and fresh home made tomato sauce and mayo. The burger and chips are both well done (non greasy). The chips stays hot and crispy throughout my dining experience.

All staff acted professionally and ask about taking any new orders and how the food is throughout the time I was there.

Visited November 2012
Sydney
“Great Menu Options!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Visiting on a business trip, and had this recommended to us. The menu was varied - and it all sounded great! The only downside was the mediocre wine list. I had the Greek Lamb strips - and it was delicious - although I'm not sure rocket has a place in a traditional Greek salad. Service was friendly and fast. Will definitely go again when we are back this way.

Melbourne
“Great hang out for a coffee, food is so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Been to Mocha Jo's numerous times for a coffee and for meals. They have excellent drink choices and do very nice smoothies. The atmosphere is great but can be a tad noisy.

My only beef with this place is the food. To me, they seem to lack consistency...seriously, how can a cesar salad come out differently 3 times and poached eggs shouldn't come out hard boiled...
The dessert aren't very nice either, the sticky date pudding tasted like there was 2 cups of sugar in it.... your better off walking over to Coco Lounge next door for amazing desserts.

Thumbs up if you want to have drinks and chill, but I won't be having meals here again.

• Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Over the last few years the level of service here has dropped such a pity.
Nice place to drop in for a coffee and dessert with friends

Visited December 2011