“Could have been better.”

Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glen Waverley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Wodonga, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2009

This is my 4th stay at Ibis Glen Waverley. Situated just minutes from the train station and restaurants/shopping centres and 5-10 minutes from the Monash freeway which gives access to city and Dandenongs/SE suburbs areas/Mornington Peninsular, Ibis Glen Waverley is a favorite choice for me.Comfortable, well priced with all the comforts of home. Staff are friendly and food is great.Rooms are exceptionally clean and new.The secure car parking underneath gives us peace of mind that our car is safe. There is a great choice for breakfast and have used the menu service from rooms with pickup at the bar-tasty food/ not too expensive and quick service-especially good when too tired to go out to the nearby restaurants after a busy day. If there is something we needed ie. extra towels we got it straight away. We don't expect the 5* conveniences & service that you get with the high price tag but Ibis Glen Waverley is truely value for money and I would say not far from 5* service in a quiet, relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Sunny58
australia
Reviewed April 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Ibis Glen Waverley for 2 nights, whilst my husband was in Melbourne for business. New standard rooms, a little small for my liking, but you get for what you pay for. We managed to get upgraded to the king size bed as they had run out of queen size bedrooms. Also, we had a baby so that was handy. Service was really good. If you like good service, this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank beingreal
Auckland
Reviewed February 19, 2009

My stay at the Ibis Glen Waverley was good. It is located on Springvale Road, near it's sister hotel - the Novotel Glen Waverley.

It is a new property and I have to say the rooms are pretty good. The linen was excellent and the beds were comfy. The room is a reasonable size for an Ibis Hotel with a flat screen hotel and a number of good TV channels as well as pay per view movies. The bathroom was modern and large enough although the shower box is pretty small and restricting with average pressure.

I only used the restaurant for breakfast one day. The continental breakfast was perfectly adequate but it was standard cooked fare stewing in bain-maries. I don't believe an a la carte option was available. The coffee was worse than McDonalds. My advice is to walk for about one hundred metres and there are a number of very good cafes in the local Glen Waverley shops, including the restaurants next to the Novotel itself.

For a three and a half star hotel, the Ibis wasn't too bad although at AU$180 I believe they are charging a little too much. Maybe the recession may get them to sharpen their pencil a little! It is well positioned, close to the Glen Waverley railway station for an easy 40 minute ride into Flinders Street station. It would suit businesspeople with a need to stay this side of Melbourne. Bear in mind it is a very long way from the CBD.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank 247Travel
Funzo, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, February 22, 2009
Dear Sir/Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Ibis Glen Waverley. It is always helpful to receive feedback from our guests.

I note you found the coffee in the restaurant not to your liking.We do also have available coffee made to order from our Expresso machine.This is available for consumption in the restaurant or as a take away option.

I was pleased to read you found the Hotel facitilities to be comfortable and meeting your needs.

I have shared positive comments our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley in the near furture.

Hotel Ibis Glen Waverley
Melbourne
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Thank you to the team at Ibis Glen Waverley, during the heat wave in Melbourne after a night of no sleep at home, and having a 2 year that was awake all night due to extream heat, my husband suggested we check into a local hotel for the next two nights. We looked around the local area and ended up booking in the new Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley.

What can we say? The staff were very friendly, when we rang to booked they offered us a FREE cot and a king bed just in case tour little girl did not sleep. On arrival the lady checking us in advise us she had just check the room and turn the air-con on..... (thank you).

The room was great very comfortable... great bed!!! (better most hotels). All three of us had a very enjoy stay and a great nights sleep, relaxing in a air-con room and watching in-house movies.

Thank you to the hotel for saving us from Melbourne exhausting heat wave!!!!

• Liked — Comfortable Beds - Great night sleep, Friendly Staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Catherine_Charlotte
Dear Catherine_Charlotte,

It was pleasing to read that we were able to be of assistance in the heat wave that hit Melbourne.

I have shared your positive comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley in the near furture.

Hotel Ibis Glen Waverley
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Look what can I say. I was booked in here against my knowledge and I was not at all happy to be booked into a 3-star hotel. Now, having said that it was not all that bad as it was a very very new hotel so facilities and rooms were clean and "new". however I was not particularly impressed especially since: (a) I was booked into a "superior room" and all I could think was "if this is a superior room I would hate to see a Standard" and (b) considering it was a so-called budget hotel it was a bit pricey. Not that the price tag bothered me but I think that if I was a budget traveller their price tag would be a bit beyond me. The thing is everything about this place is just "Ok" - not fabulous not even great - just "Ok". It is brand new so that helped soften the blow but it is basic. Toiletries consisted of two bars of soap, one shampoo and one conditioner and NOTHING else. No moisture lotion, no shower cap even! I suppose it could have been worse and it could have been dispensers on the wall!!! The bed was a bit too firm for my liking and the pillows very ordinary. Overall it was "ok but I wouldnt stay there again. I do have to mention that they are very quick off the mark with their customer surveys so it does show that they are listening.

• Liked — Secure undercover parking
  • Disliked — The bed and the pillows/noise from lifts and corridor
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Funzo, Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, September 4, 2008
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Ibis Glen Waverley.

The Hotel opened in December 2007 and operates as a 3 1/2 star economy Hotel.
We pride our selves on delivering excellent service and a good nights sleep to all our clientele. To ensure we are able to maintain our brand standards our philosophy within the Hotel is to have the essential ammenities to ensure a comfortable and relaxing stay with great service.

Kind Regards

Guy Marinucci

Hotel Ibis Glen Waverley.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Waverley
YTI Garden Hotel
#137 of 159 in Melbourne
Quest Glen Waverley
#1 of 6 in Glen Waverley

Been to Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley? Share your experiences!