All reviews around the corner rooms are basic train station restaurant strip secure parking friendly helpful staff good nights sleep business trip a couple of times a great place to stay comfortable room room rate convenient location buffet breakfast pleasant stay shopping centre public transport
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Check in is usually a good indication of how happy we will be, the customer service on arrival was exceptional! The room although a little on the small size had everything we needed, with up to date furniture and was very clean. We will be staying again the future.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Guy M, General Manager at Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Sezy81,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Ibis Glen Waverley. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Regards

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Hotel central to where I needed to go,unfortunately no meals available Friday and Saturday night,although there was a lot of local food ,but after competing all day Saturday I just wanted to stay in the Hotel.
Breakfast was great,rooms excellent and bed very comfortable.
Staff at desk and in breakfast area excellent,
Don Chambers

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Guy M, General Manager at Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Don,

Dear ive_seen_paradise,

I take onboard your comments regarding a lack of meals on Friday & Saturday. We do offer a simple menu available from our Bar or with our "Grab it and Go" service.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Explanation of breakfast was poor.
breakfast itself was a little disapointing as the eggs were over cooked and had only just been replenished.
The room was excellent quite ,clean.
Very comfortable I slept extemely well.
The locality offered so many choices of eateries and restuarants it was brilliant.
I highly recommend the Ibis at Glenwaverly

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear mike_russell,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your overall stay.

I was dissapointed to read that you found the breakfast explanation was poor and the eggs were not to your liking. I have discussed these points with our Food and Beverage team in an endeavour to improve our breakfast service and offering.

I was pleased to read that you found the room to be to your liking and that you had enjoyed a good nights sleep.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

very basic hotel...clean and tidy and the staff were friendly and polite...had wi fi but unfortunately had to pay for pleasure when they give the impression that it is free...they offer 15mins free in any 24hour period...

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear tonypeters2,

We do have WIFI available throughout the Hotel which is free for the first 15 minutes.We also have available a webcorner whcih is located in the lobby and is free of charge for all guests.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed for two nights on a work trip in March 2013. There isn't a lot to do in Glen Waverley and it looked like the basic crowd were workers like myself. Reception were a little understaffed and I had to wait for the person to take two phone calls before I was checked in. Parking was under the hotel and is charged at $18 per day.

The room I was in (610) was quite large. There was very little in the way of cupboard space and no drawers. I was happy to hang up a couple of shirts and live out of by suitcase. Tea and Coffee making facilities in the room and some small long life milk in an otherwise empty bar fridge. There was a menu in the room for 24 hour room service. A flat screen TV with a god selection of channels and some pay per view movies. Breakfast was very basic but quite satisfactory. I had dinner in the restaurant at night as well and the food was very good.
Staff were all very pleasant and one of the strong points for the hotel.

I am used to hotel A/C's not working so I set this one on 20 degrees. To my surprise it quickly got down to this temp and maintained it - and quietly as well! So, all in all, it receives the thumbs up and I will be staying here again on my next trip south.

The only worry I had were the loud clanging in the shaft above the lift when it arrived at each floor. It sounded like it was about to fall apart.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Ozbrian,

I appreciated your feedback regarding the nosie in the elevator shaft.We have not had this feedback before and we have alerted our elevator contractor to investigate and rectify this issue.