Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley
Novotel Glen Waverley(Glen Waverley)(Great Value!)
$158
$87
Glen Inn(Glen Waverley)
$146
$75
Burwood East Motel(Burwood)(Great Value!)
$82
$78
$100
$97
  • Free Internet
$119
$103
$79
Clarion Hotel on Canterbury(Forest Hill)(Great Value!)
$270
Agoda.com
$75
$72
Agoda.com
All reviewsroom servicearound the cornerbasic hoteltrain stationrooms are cleanbed was very comfortablesecure parkingking roomgood nights sleepbusiness tripmin walkrestaurant striproom ratestayed nightsa couple of timesconvenient locationbuffet breakfast
Reviewed March 16, 2013

very basic hotel...clean and tidy and the staff were friendly and polite...had wi fi but unfortunately had to pay for pleasure when they give the impression that it is free...they offer 15mins free in any 24hour period...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Guy M, General Manager at Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear tonypeters2,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your overall stay.

We do have WIFI available throughout the Hotel which is free for the first 15 minutes.We also have available a webcorner whcih is located in the lobby and is free of charge for all guests.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed for two nights on a work trip in March 2013. There isn't a lot to do in Glen Waverley and it looked like the basic crowd were workers like myself. Reception were a little understaffed and I had to wait for the person to take two phone calls before I was checked in. Parking was under the hotel and is charged at $18 per day.

The room I was in (610) was quite large. There was very little in the way of cupboard space and no drawers. I was happy to hang up a couple of shirts and live out of by suitcase. Tea and Coffee making facilities in the room and some small long life milk in an otherwise empty bar fridge. There was a menu in the room for 24 hour room service. A flat screen TV with a god selection of channels and some pay per view movies. Breakfast was very basic but quite satisfactory. I had dinner in the restaurant at night as well and the food was very good.
Staff were all very pleasant and one of the strong points for the hotel.

I am used to hotel A/C's not working so I set this one on 20 degrees. To my surprise it quickly got down to this temp and maintained it - and quietly as well! So, all in all, it receives the thumbs up and I will be staying here again on my next trip south.

The only worry I had were the loud clanging in the shaft above the lift when it arrived at each floor. It sounded like it was about to fall apart.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ozbrian,

I appreciated your feedback regarding the nosie in the elevator shaft.We have not had this feedback before and we have alerted our elevator contractor to investigate and rectify this issue.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We wanted to spend a long weekend in Melbourne close to our children who study at Monash University. The Ibis was beautifully clean, quiet, cool and comfortable. Some more expensive hotels have had noisier & less effective air conditioning. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a great place to spend a quiet weekend. Only downfall was the pillows - next time I might take my own.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear AnneBendigo,

I appreciate your comments in regards to the pillows. We do have a number of alternative pillows on offer and I have advise oour Front desk team to remember to offer theses alternatives to guests upon check in.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here for 9 nights, Feb 2013, and the staff are very good, always friendly and happy to help.
The hotel is in the suburbs but only 40 mins by train from central Melbourne. The Glen Waverley station is just 5 mins walk from the hotel.
The hotel is a good quality "business" hotel. There is an outside dining area but it is next to the busy main road so not somewhere that you sit and relax.
Rooms are reasonable size, clean and tidy. No room safe though which is a shame. Room fridge is useful.
Breakfast buffet is good and evening meals are fine. There are a lot of restaurants within 2 mins walk of the hotel so plenty of choice. The Centro shopping centre is 5 mins away and offers further dining options and a large supermarket.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Choyp,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Ibis Glen Waverley. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

There are not many accomodation options in this part of melbourne - for the $ Hotel IBIS was just fine. Room smallish but comfortable. Restaurant menu limited but adequate - perhaps a bit expensive for what was on offer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business