“One nte stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley

Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glen Waverley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

If you know the standard of the Ibis Hotels around the world, this Ibis rates up there with the best in this brand. Basic amenities and the rooms a bit small as most Ibis Hotel rooms are.

There was nothing wrong with any of the products or services offered to me and the room (316) I resided in for 10 days was clean and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was basic but more than adequate and it was also very clean.

The food in the restaurant was good and to the standard I expect of IBIS Hotels although the full breakfast was a little basic. The quality of food was good.

The staff were friendly and well trained. The location of the hotel was excellent and close to the restaurant scene of Glen Waverley (200 metres). A cab from the Melbourne CBD will cost about $60 (30 to 40 minutes) and to the airport about $100 (about 60minutes non peak hour)).

Overall my stay at this hotel was very good. I give it 4 stars.

Room Tip: Parking is a little expensive at $18.00 per day. Other hotels in the area do not charge for parking...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guy M, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear GoldCoastTezza,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your overall stay.

The location of the Hotel offers much in the way of entertainment and shopping and many of our guests comment on the location.

Our car park is a secure undercover car park and is monitored.The availabiltiy of parking in the area is limited and the majority of Hotels in the area only offer open air car parking.

Suzhou, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff are great. Rooms are clean but small and bathroom is like a caravan design bathroom where cheapest parts are used. No Mini Bar!!!!!

Good location and walking distance to many Resturant's.

I do recommend Ibis for value for money.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Geoffoster,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley.

I was pleased to read that our team memebers made your stay comfortable and the Hotel offered value.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Melbouren Glen Waverley next time you are in the area.

Regards

Corowa, NSW
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was my first stay at an Ibis branded hotel. I got there late (around 10.45pm) and just wanted to get to my room so I could sleep. The reception staff member was brilliant: genuinely friendly and made check in a breeze. I thought the car parking was actually better than the nearby Novotel - I found the spaces bigger and easier to manage. The room was not huge, but large enough and modern, clean and quiet. Breakfast was ok - the restaurant was swamped by a sports team(s?) all coming down at the same time, so finding a place to sit which had cutlery etc ready was a challenge. The food was ok. Was it value for money? For the price charged for the room and parking there could have been better value options around, but I had no complaints about the hotel itself. At check out, the reception staff were once again excellent: full marks to them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guy M, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Germanaussie67,

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The staff are very friendly enough; all smiles and everything, which is the only reason I didn't give this a "terrible" rating, but the prices they charge for the basics which are usually complimentary at other hotels around the world are shocking.

For starters in addition to the nightly rate for a simple tiny room of $120 a night you also have to pay an extra $18 a day for parking. I could almost understand this charge if the hotel was in the heart of the CBD where public transport is abundant, but this hotel is a good ways out and to make matters worse they don't want to take any responsibility for any damage or theft to your car. So they'll take your $18 a day but does that provide a security guard for the parking garage? Does it help pay for a monitored security system? Even a security camera? NO! It's going into someone's pure profit bank. No wonder they don't want to take responsibility for anything. Can you imagine if Qantas charged $25 for checking your bag, it either gets lost or damaged and them telling you "sorry, your tough luck!" Internet access is a whopping $25 an hour for a slow connect speed to boot!

The room itself was clean and tidy, but then again so is my bedroom closet at home, which is about the same size. There is no dresser, no tall boy, no nightstand with drawers or anyway to store anything. Just a lousy doorless wardrobe that's already crowded with an ironing board and iron. the room is so small that with two suitcases in the way and a pair of shoes in the floor, the room looks a mess; it's that small. The is a desk that looks like it was put together as an afterthought; maybe a clearance item from Fantastic Furniture or something. A tiny fridge is in the room, which is a plus, but in my opinion it's like having a hundred litres of gasoline and no car to put it in.

The restaurant is pricey! The food is bland but edible, but not worth the prices they are charging for it and to add insult to injury, they tack on another 1.5% surcharge for credit cards.

I'm really disappointed with this hotel and I've only been here for 4 hours so far! it was not my decision to stay here, my company made that choice for me, but next time I'm out of town on business I will flat out refuse to stay at any hotel owned and operated by the Ibis chain!

If you like throwing money away for no apparent reason, then you'll love this place!

It's not the worse place I've stayed at, but it's by far the worst value.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Guy M, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear JamesL2074,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley. I am dissapointed to read that you did not find the Hotel offered you any value.

We have any guests stay throughout the week and weeekends and we receive many commnets on the good value the Hotel offers. Our car park is secure under cover car park monitored 24 hours. In the area parking is limited and is all timed .The local parking inspectors are very diligent and a parking ticket is far more exensive than the rate we charge.

I appreciate your commetns on the foods in the restaurant and will share these with the Chef so we may improve our offering. Our credit card surcharge is in place to cover costs of this service and you will find this is quite common these days in many organisations.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope you may reconsider using the Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley when you are next in the area.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Secure parking (important when travelling on my own), good location and the room had all the necessary appointments. The complimentary magazine deivered to my room was a much appreciated touch. Staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable.

1 Thank yarravalleyie
Dear yarravalleyie,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the magazine,we endeavour to make each guests stay enjoyable with little extras.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is reasonably well presented but the rooms are very small. The 2 single beds were so close to each other with no ability to push them further apart.

Check in was painful after waiting in line for over 20 minutes I companied as it was obvious that there was still at least another half hours wait, I was apologised to and told we are short staffed.
People dont pay and wish to stand in line for an hour which is part of the time they had paid for to be relaxing in the room due to incompetent staffing levels

Room Tip: The hotel is close to amenities and restaurants If you have to get a hotel room with 2 single beds...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear BjL,

I was dissapointed to read that the check in process was way too long.This is not our normal standard and we do not deliberately understaff the Front Office or any other areas of the Hotel.I offer my apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and your party.I hope to be able to welcome you back in the future so you can experience the service standard we strive to deliver to all our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be a pleasant one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Waverley
Ramada Encore Dandenong
Ramada Encore Dandenong
#1 of 5 in Dandenong
The Waverley International Hotel

Been to Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley? Share your experiences!