“Best Bento in Town!!!!”

Waya
Ranked #21 of 155 Restaurants in Glen Waverley
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Looking for a place that won't put a dent into your wallet while sinking your teeth into something that is delicious, tasty and super filling? Yup, this is the place to be. This Japanese restaurant is one of my fav. I'm kinda sad it's a bit out of the way from where I live but the food just doesn't disappoint! Oh, the lucky people living at Glen! I ordered the bento with chicken teriyaki and couldn't finish it. The portion is huge and inexpensive which put a smile on my face. It's a great place for anyone who is super hungry but mind you, the queue can be long during lunch time. But yea, it's definitely worth the wait

Reviewed April 12, 2017

Beautiful food! I was bored of the same old food everyday so I looked for a twist in my food chain. And I discovered WAYA! I had Chicken Teriyaki Bento from this restaurant and it was magnificent! I don't know about the other dishes but this dish is certainly one of the best one could find anywhere! Personally, I think this is the best Japanese restaurant! Out of all the ones I've been to, WAYA is the best. The service is also quite quick and the value for money is very good.

Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

Come for bento. Compared to UK bento this is amazing. First time I ordered chicken only to find out you get a yakitori stick free with the bento.
This time ordered sashimi bento. Very good selection of products within the bento.
Good value around $16
Sashimi selection was mostly salmon could have done with a slice of tuna but was acceptable.
Will go back again.

Reviewed March 8, 2017

We had dinner as a group at WAYA on Tuesday March 7th. There were 9 in our party. We ordered a variety of meals and drinks ( try the Plum Sake...(fantastic taste). Every dish we tried from the mixed sashimi large size ( very good value), spicy pank prawns..yumm. We tried a few entree's all really good. The main meals were incredible from the curries, the UNAGI Bento box ( my favourite) the KATSU DON and the Spicy pork don. Every meal was superb and followed up with a great ice coffee. Great food and excellent service.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

This is a great Japanese restaurant, love the booths at the back and it is open all afternoon and night. Lots of favourites on the menu and lots of small plates if you do not want to order a main.