I have stayed at this hotel at least once a year for about 5 years.
It is a good 4* premises.
The rooms are a reasonable size with all the expected facilities including tea and coffee making, internet access. good bathrooms and mini bars.
The rooms on the eastern side have views over the suburbs to the Dandenong Ranges. Rooms on the western side look at the roofs of adjoining buildings with some views towards the city.
The mini bar charges are ridiculous, a small 1/2 size can of soft drink around 3 times more than you can buy it at a Supermarket and bottles of wine about the same amount dearer than they can be bought at a liqour store. But this is usual for large hotel chains. They even charge for biscuits to have with your tea of coffee.
There are supermarkets and liqour stores nearby. Empty the mini bar and go and buy you own stuff to put in it.
The restaurant again is as expected with a buffet breakfast, a-la-carte evening meals and a seafood buffett on weekends. Nothing special but good enough.
Last time I stayed there the restuarant was overloaded at breakfast time but I have been assured by management that this will be fixed.
Light lunches are available in the bar.
There are several restaurants in an adjoining arcade and within 2 minutes walk are a wide variety of cafes and restaurants.
Glen Waverley is a middle class eastern suburb of Melbourne. There is a railway station within 5 minutes walk of the hotel with regular trains to the City.
Road access is good as the Monash Freeway passes within a couple of kilometers of the hotel.
There is extensive shopping, including a major shopping mall (The Glen), a short walk from the hotel.
There is a movie theatre complex and a poker (slot) machine premises in Century Walk which is part of the hotel complex.
A WORD OF WARNING.
If you are using a car the hotel has on site basement parking but they charge a fee. Last time I was there it was $12 a day. Don't forget to factor this in to your accomodation cost.
A good 4* hotel with some things over priced. If you don't need to stay in the city, a great location with excellent surrounding facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley is ideally located in the centre of the City of Monas.The 200 room hotel is adjacent to a cinema complex and surrounded by over 35 restaurants and cafes, including Centro The Glen Shopping Centre, while a 2 minute walk to the Railway Station gives direct access to the city centre, Melbourne Cricket Ground and Etihad Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, ACCOR, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Novotel Glen Waverley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Glen Waverley Hotel Glen Waverley
- Novotel Melbourne
- Accor Glen Waverley
- Glen Waverley Novotel
- Novotel Glen Waverley Greater Melbourne