“Christmas Day accommodation”

Novotel Glen Waverley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Glen Waverley
“Christmas Day accommodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Usual quality standard Novotel facility. Visiting relatives on Christmas Day and the Novotel provided convenient and good standard accommodation close by to our relatives. MIght not be the ideal venue for visitors to Melbourne due to its suburban location remote from the CBD/downtown (approx 25km); but would ideal for business travellers visiting nearby by commercial/business parks. The hotel was very busy due to Christmas functions etc - staff coped with situation very well and provided a friendly and warm service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
White1234, Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this review, January 1, 2012
Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and it is great that you were able to stay so close to your family and celebrations. We certainly were very busy during the Christmas and New Year celebrations and I thank you for the feedback in regards to our staff offering you and everyone warm service . I will pass these wonderful comments onto the team. Wishing you a safe and wonderful New Year and we hope to see you again in 2012.
E-mail H2068-DM03@accor.com / Phone 03 8561 2345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with my son. I have stayed before. We booked on the web and I requested a twin room with 2 double beds. When we arrived we were greeted well and checked in without delay. However, when we got to our room, we found it had only one double bed. We returned to the desk and were told that even though I had requested 2 beds, as the booking was for 2 adults (my son is 18 so I had to mark him as an adult as well), they assumed that we were an adult couple and as such would share a bed. Errrr, as this was clearly not the case, I explained why I had specifically requested 2 beds. I was told it was hotel policy to put "couples" (assumed as 2 adults) in to the double rooms first on busy nights to leave larger rooms free for (presumably?) late bookings. I think this is a presumptuous policy, but anyway, the very helpful staff sorted this out quickly and we were allocated a new room with 2 very comfortable double beds. I found the hotel very comfortable overall but it is looking a bit tired, especially the bathrooms and pool area. The thing that makes this hotel special is the staff. They are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a bun-fight though, given that there were heaps of families with young children pushing and running around - so were the children! The area is really to small when the hotel is busy. The buffet was very good but a bit boring. I too found both my salt and pepper shakers empty and had no cutlery. This is a puzzle as there seems to be a lot of staff racing around all through the service. I hear a refit is about to commence, so that will be good and I would definately stay again. The bedding is very comfortable and we found our room very clean.

Room Tip: Rooms can be niosy due to guests in the passage ways, so ask for one as far away from the lift as po...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Virginia L
Happy New Year! Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley. Ity was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and were well looked after by the staff. Please be assured I will pass on your comments in regards to saying that the staff make this hotel special. It was a delight to read. My apologies for the error when arriving at the hotel and finding that you were placed in a room with only one bed. We were wrong to assume you were a couple staying and your comments and booking have made us aware to be more careful. During your stay we had a large group in the hotel and it seems everyone does like to come down to breakfast at the one time. Do you have any suggestions on what you would like to see offered at breakfast to make it more special for our guests? As you are aware, we are having renovations to our rooms in the middle of the year and this will make our rooms more livelier. I do hope you return and get a chance to come and have a look at our new rooms.
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel many times over the years and I am usually pleased. The location is superb however this visit the experience was disappointing. I even paid for an upgraded room to a Junior Suite to surprise my children.
When we checked in and saw the room for the first time I was immediately overwhelmed by just how boring it was. Considering the price of the room I have significantly better furniture, bedding, TV’s etc at home. There were lengths of cotton on the floor that were easily seen by all.
The next morning we ate in the hotel restaurant as breakfast was included. The restaurant was unset and untidy even though there was several staff appearing very busy doing very little. We had to get our own cutlery & serviettes. Then the salt shakers were empty too. I had to almost wave my arm off to get the staff’s attention to order a coffee.
We returned to our room that was being serviced and grabbed our bathers and headed to the pool. This is an indoor pool that has little to no noise dampening plants or items resulting in a noisy and echo filled swim. We returned to the room which was serviced and noticed the cotton still on the floor.
The next morning we all eat breakfast in a local cafe to avoid the repeat of the previous breakfast.
I am sure the hotel can improve its performance. We will be staying there again as I previously said, it is a great location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
White1234, Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Thank you for your feedback on your recent return stay with us at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley. I am sorry to read your stay was not as pleasing as all the previous stays and you do not like our choice of furniture and amenities. You may like to know that we are having renovations to our rooms next year which will be great for all. In regards to your breakfast issues, please be assured I will be passing your comments onto the Food and Beverage Manager to be aware of and make sure the staff are aware, so we can improve our services to our guests. I will also be speaking to the houskeeping staff in regards to the pieces of cotton on the floor to make sure they vacuum correctly.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally when returning to the hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Novotel Glen Waverley numerous times and would not hesitate to continue in doing so. The price is extremely affordable, the staff are very friendly, the rooms are spacious and clean and there are heaps of wonderful restaurants to eat at, bowling, movies and The Glen Shopping Centre all within walking distance. Look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
White1234, Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Welcome back! Great to know our guests keep coming back to Novotel Glen Waverley to visit us again and again because of the rooms, facilities, friendly staff and of course lower prices on the weekends. We look forward to your next visit and if you have any special requests, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

This was our first stay at Novotel Glen Waverly and we have nice experience staying in it. Hotel room was cleaned and well maintained. Location was excellent with nearby Metlink rail station and so convenient to go downtown.
Breakfast was nice as well with lots of varieties and no problem on the food.
Keep it up and compliments goes to all the friendly staff.
We are looking forward to go back again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
I will certainly pass your remarks onto our team and am proud to be one of the lucky staff members to work at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley. I was so happy to see your review and that you had a nice experience with us and are looking forward to returning already. We would love to welcome you back. Great to see you ate breakfast with us. I always love the brekky here and see so many happy and full guests walking by reception.
Do not hesitate to contact me personally for any future enquiries or bookings.
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

A decent hotel , over priced for value , Drinking water 1 bottle every day should be complimentary for the amount they are charging , location good with Cinemas , eating joints , bowling alley , hotel did not replace the water consumed bottles , buffet Break fast is good quality should pre book on line , Front desk staff was very friendly , should lower the internet rates , and should allow at least 2 hrs use in lobby Area , the 30 minute free use in 24hrs is too less

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments on your recent visit with us at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley. You may like to know that we have recently lowered the price of internet in the rooms and increased the amount of down load including the free down load usage in the lobby each day. Did you get a chance to use the free Imacs for guests in the lounge? I am sorry the mini bar was not replaced in your room during your stay. Please be assured this is not usually the case and we also like to let guests know that the water in the taps is safe to drink without purchasing water. I will pass your wonderful comments onto the Front office team.
Thank you and we do hope you visit again.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

We were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of service we received. The staff was very considerate and went out of their way to be helpful. Really made a difference to our holiday. The location is just great, very close to shops and a range of good restaurants and coffee shops.

Room Tip: Rooms above level 4 facing Springvale Road would be the best.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Great to read your tip on which level to enjoy a great stay on. We would love to see more of these tips. Sincere thanks and appreciation for your comments in regards to your stay and am so happy to see you were well looked after (which often makes a stay). As a resident of the area, I love to visit the local restaurants like you did and enjoy a coffee whilst watching the world go by.
I hope you get a chance to do this again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Waverley
#5 of 158 in Melbourne
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,248 reviews
Parkville
Art Series - The Larwill Studio

Been to Novotel Glen Waverley? Share your experiences!