“Chicken Curry Better than My Mum's”
Review of Petaling Street

Petaling Street
Ranked #17 of 155 Restaurants in Glen Waverley
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 30, 2017

Big statement I know but genuine. Even rang my mum and told her. I'm Burmese and love my Chicken Curry and this is the best I've had. The thickness of the gravy, the fragrance and softness of the potatoes and the perfect taste of the chicken. Everyone will have their own tastes and views on this place but I love it.

Don't knock it if you think you are not getting a "total dining experience" as this place just serves great food. This is not Red Spice Road or Chin Chin or similar, But I felt like I was getting great hawker food from stalls in Singapore/Malaysia and forgot I was in suburban Glen Waverley.

2  Thank Maurice T

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Very reasonably priced food and drink menu. Food is reasonably good. Service is prompt.very busy place. Bookings are taken

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

I have a FB friend who keeps posting pictures of food from here. So finally my wife and I had to come and try. We only had a couple of dishes but they were great. Being in a street full of similar food styles they have to be good to survive. The service is basic, but they arent charging for something they are providing. Having been able to work and live in KL and Penang I will always remember the food, and the dishes here are as good as Malaysia. The menus are quite diverse carrying a full complement of hawker food, with a bit of luck, and some help from my friends I will return and sample more.Try the Pippi,s with one or more of the sauces

1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed June 12, 2017

On the prominent esplanade of Kingways Parade.

Definitely, good value for money, however it's all about Big serving & plate, Bold Menu, however just Bland on flavours and not very well presented.

Can be enjoyable at times.

Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

the fish seens fried previously and keep for order, and unfurtunetely the one we got have been kept for long time, it taste gross just like the expired food in the corner of your fridge.

1  Thank Nimmannaradee S