“Cross between fine dining and family restaurant”

Gold Leaf Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Burwood East
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2018

We went with our neighbours who are Chinese (we aren’t) and the service and food was different to if we had gone by ourselves (better). The food is delicious but expensive. The room is expansive but the tables are traditiional family Chinese restaurant. Because we were with some Chinese we had a free soup, free fruit platter and a free dessert.
It’s an ok restaurant for families but expensive. BYO is great.

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

This place has really gone downhill recently and a dinner with friends was completely spoilt by the food having virtually no flavour of any kind. The only thing that was nice was the Wine I took. We ordered Crab Oysters Fish Tofu and some Pork dishes and it was all just terrible. Will never come back. Very disappointed as this place used to be very good and a place we went to a lot. Never again.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

We went there on the eve of the eve of Chinese New Year. Bustling place, spacious, with a wide range of tasty Chinese dishes. Servings are generous, service is very good.

Reviewed January 23, 2018

This is a very large restaurant and when full can be a bit noisy. The night we were there it was very busy. The staff are courteous and professional. I found the managers friendly and always looking to make sure that things ran smoothly. We had 12 on our table and everyone said how good the food was, we sure didn't leave anything to go back to the kitchen. I would recommend this restaurant. Just make sure to make a booking.

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Went there last week for my partner's birthday celebration. My partner wanted to have lobster noodle (his bday request) and a friend recommended this place.
When we got there, we took a seat and ask the manager (a middle age man) if they have the lobster/prawn noodle? And he responded "got many dishes prawn & noodle.. what u want?" .. He didn't even care to flip over the menu and explain what they have.. so i tried explaining again in Chinese that I'm after Shang Har Meen and even showed him pictures on my phone, but he just said he dont know and went off. My partner was so pissed by his tone of voice, literally shouting at us. They served us tea. Sat there for about 10mins and he walked by countless times but never came to take our order. Had a sip of the tea and left. The elderly man (another manager i think) at the entrance asked if everything was ok, seeing that we just had tea and left. I didnt even bother explaining to him as its too late now, even if they have it, I'm not going to sit and eat there after being treated like an idiot. Paid for tea and left!

They think just cause they are famous, they can treat people that way?? Will never ever step my foot into this place again, or any of their branches! And will definitely spread the word around!

2  Thank Memories89