“Not sure how they can justify this entry price”

Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk
Mount Tamborine Day Trip from the Gold Coast Including Skywalk
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not sure how they can justify this entry price”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Ok the reviews that say this is disappointing are quite correct.

There are so many longer and more attractive rainforest walks in and around Tamborine including another canopy walk up at O'Reilly's which is free and much longer in the tree tops area.

If i could see that this amount was going into local conservation, I could possibly justify the expense, but alas it's just a walk that at its best took 5 minutes for the actual skywalk and the rest was on the ground.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Yorkshire
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Get up in the canopy of a rainforest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is certainly worth a visit if you are in the area. The elevated walkway sections of the track get you up into the canopy of this "remnant" of the deep rainforest. Much of this type of habitat cannot be found any more.

The trail is well signposted - and with informative plaques and boards. Cool and peaceful up in the hills.

There is a small gift shop and cafe - with basic food offerings.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Was sunny warm day and basically saw nothing. Would have seen more just walking anywhere for zero cost. $19.95 is way overpriced.

Melbourne, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice change from the rest of Surfers activities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I agree with many of the other reviews. I thought the skywalk would be more interesting and a lot bigger / longer walk. I didn't mind the $20 entry fee, but was surprised that the walk is less than 30 mins. We walked around twice as we couldn't believe it was so short. You only walk on the skywalk on the outbound track, and take the gravel track on the way back.

It was not busy on the day we went, so we had the skywalk to ourselves most of the time,.
I'm scared of heights but was determined to walk across it and it was fine. The "cantilever" section really does wobble a lot and I found that a bit frightening, even though there was probably only 5 other people on it with us.

As a nice change of pace from the rest of Surfers Paradise, I would recommend the SkyWalk (and Tamborine Mountain) but I think the owners have room to improve it and make it a must better experience.

Europe
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nice forest, expensive walk”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was not impressed with this expensive location. $20 for an adult and $17 for a senior!
I did not do the walk, as from the map, it looked very short with an average view.
I did have a hot drink and snack, which also was expensive.
I know this is a new attraction, and I wish them well, but hey!
Staff were pleasant and the cafe was clean.