“Amazing !!!!”

Songbirds Rainforest Retreat
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing !!!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at Songbirds for a weekend getaway (our second time staying). We have been previously for our 1st wedding anniversary and just had to come back. When we arrived we were greeted by the nicest front of house person (Hayley), she went above and beyond our expectations and put us before anything else. She upgraded us from a normal Villa to their executive Villa because we had stayed before. This was an incredible surprise and something that we were so grateful for ! We cancelled our dinner reservations with Hayley at the last minute as we couldn't bring ourselves to possibly leave the stunning surroundings. Hayley got us phone numbers of places that delivered meals to us to ensure that we still had dinner. Upon checking out Hayley was again there (I don't think she has time off!!) she was so helpful and informative about where we could go for a late breakfast/ early lunch. We travel alot so we stay in all sorts of resorts and accommodation but Songbirds would have to be our number 1 after the service that we had! We also an excellent gentleman by the name of Luke that was so friendly and helpful with breakfast for the first morning. I am positive that if we had of come down to the restaurant we would have had excellent food and service but we just couldn't bring ourselves to leave the room. We are having lunch at Songbirds in September and will be having the 7 course dego and cannot wait to be back in heaven !! The grounds are so well kept and everything is just so beautiful it is like being in another world ! I honestly couldn't recommend a nicer retreat !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Songbirds10, Owner at Songbirds Rainforest Retreat, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks so much for making the time to write a lovely review on us, both Hayley and Luke are thrilled to bits to read your review. we'll all look forward to having you back in September - our tasting menus are amazing. Bonnie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Songbirds is set in a stunning rainforest location, with much of the restaurant exposed. We were there on a mild, winter night and the heaters did a great job of offsetting any coldness - plus, there were blankets on offer if needed. All the staff we interact with we're warm and friendly. We opted for a 5 course tasting menu, which was really lovely and well priced. At times, the wait between courses was a bit extensive but with the seething and the great wine recommendation (we opted to buy a bottle rather than have wines matched), I tended not to notice as much. All in all, friendly, warm, with lovely food and wine. Would recommend!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Songbirds10, Owner at Songbirds Rainforest Retreat, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Many thanks for making time to write a lovely review on us... we love it when guests get what we are all about and enjoy their time with us. I hope we have the pleasure of having you back with us again some time soon. Bonnie
Main Beach, Australia
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed there for my 40th birthday and were bitterly disappointed. The bathroom had hair from previous guests and dead insects, and I had to scrub the cups and plates before using them. I also asked to replace the kettle in the room because it was disgusting and I had to ring them 3 times before anything happened. They stuffed our dinner booking... It's a shame that it's surrounded by beautiful forest and the cottage itself is nice but we won't go back there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lucy S
Songbirds10, Owner at Songbirds Rainforest Retreat, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for sharing with us your disappointment. As it was a few months back and we have changed housekeepers I cannot ask them about this issue. We are on our own water here the residue from the natural minerals sometimes sticks inside the kettles and we are constantly cleaning them, the up side is that we have beautiful fresh complimentary spring water for villa and restaurant guests. This is all it would have been and if you ask for a replacement kettle we will give you one immediately so I do not understand that there was a wait, was this wait over 30 minutes, or a few hours? I do understand your frustration if you're wanting a up of tea straight away. It is terrible if you had a hair in your bath and if you had to clean out your cup and plates but to be honest I have never had that happen here in the 9 years I've owned Songbirds so this would be a real exception. I cannot imagine how we could 'stuff up' your dinner booking as there's room for all in the restaurant. Please email me directly bonnie@songbirds.com.au with this problem and if it something we have done that affected your night then I will look after you
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My Fiance and I booked in with songbirds in FEBRUARY 2013 for our wedding to be held in september, we spoke to a gentleman the first time and booked in our date, the second time we came up we had a young lady show us around the grounds as we picked our preferred spot , i have been in contract several times over the months , received invoices paid the hire of grounds and all.. 6 weeks of the big day I made and appointment to show my wedding co-ordinator around, today the 20th of July, everything was fine when i called on the 4th july to let them know i would be coming. Only to have a "unknown staff member" old lady interrupt us to tell us with no care in the world that we cannot get married there that the owner has canceled our wedding!! WHY because they had a booking on the 7th july for a wedding which they would be holding a reception. As having no phone call or contact i was quite upset, and asked the lady why no one has called me, she replied quite rudely "we sent an email" after many exchange if words we were all (four of us) disgusted with her attitude and lack of empathy. My partner and I realised there was no discussing it further asked for our refund, which she was reluctant to give us and had to " ask the owner" , we eventually received it in cash as requested, then she refused to give me a copy of the receipt i had signed! she again had to ask the owner if she was allowed. very rude "employee". Firstly not only did i contact them many times, about my booking, paid my deposit, made sure everything was ok with the date fast approaching, but what kind of people cancel your wedding 6 weeks before the day by EMAIL no phone call, no sorry! no nothing! Then to be treated, and spoken down to the way we were absolutlely disgraceful, never the less we visited a few other well known places that had nothing but bad things to say about Songbirds but also the owner bonnie WHO WAS the "Lady" that wouldn't tell us who the manager was , no wonder she would let us call her, or ask her to come down to speak to us about it, she told us the owner did not want to speak to us and we may only contact her via email! well Bonnie.... i have my receipts and i have the documents contract of our booking, which you say you dont book weddings, well you did and just because you could make more money from someone else you heartless person. I will be in contact and so will fair trading again as i would like compensation as i now have to find another venue 6 weeks before, im needing to buy and send NEW invites and possibly change reception venues if times are not available. all i can say is if you are looking for a wedding venue do not think that they will not cancel on you if they are offered more for another function.

• Stayed July 2013
13 Thank r33ne
Songbirds10, Owner at Songbirds Rainforest Retreat, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
..... Songbirds has NEVER and will NEVER hire out our grounds just for a ceremony, this is what you wanted ..... two hours for the total price of $350.00 for 60 guests in our grounds. To be married at Songbirds you need to have your reception with us as well.
.... the staff member that took you original booking had not checked because we already had a wedding booked with exclusive use for the same day.
... you 'stole' your booking sheet off the desk so will know that we had no phone number for you, we were waiting for you to call with another payment that was due (you neither called nor made this payment), thus we emailed you with the cancellation.
... we offered you your money back in the initial email cancelling the booking from you that was taken in error - you didn't reply. We also offered to pay for your wedding invitations upon receiving a receipt for them, this you have ignored.
... the "old lady' is our 53 year old admin manager of many years and a very sweet kind person. You were incredibly rude to her and continue to say it was me you met - so silly, and an insult to her as I am much older!
... please send me the names of the local businesses in competition with Songbirds for weddings that speak in a derogatory manner so we can take them off our Xmas card list!
... I deeply regret that your potential booking was ever taken, both for Songbirds and for yourselves. We trust you have found another venue more suited to what you wanted for your special day.
Queensland
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our first visit here and we walked in and were wowed by the view of the rainforest, the beautiful room (which looks exactly as the picute), lovely bathroom with moulton brown toiletries, lovely bottle of complimentary wine,beautiful sounds of the birds, wonderful fire going...does it get any better?? We stayed at Qualia a few months ago and thought, well here we have another miniature Qualia right on our door step in the Gold Coast. Restaurant is a lovely setting,which has lots of heaters and looks out to the magnificent bush setting, a room with an openfire for those that dont want to brave the outside, just a beautiful place and we will definately be back. Thankyou Bonnie, you certainly know how to present something special. Lovely staff too!

Room Tip: there are just 6 villas and we stayed in villa 3 which was just beautiful!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Songbirds10, Owner at Songbirds Rainforest Retreat, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Such a lovely review, THANKS. Bonnie
Gold Coast
Reviewed June 23, 2013

3 hours into our stay we felt like we completely relaxed and as if we had been on holidays for a couple of days. I can't work out what gives it that level of relaxation, but I think it might be being surrounded by the rain forest. The villa itself is gorgeous. Massive windows making the most of the rain forest view. The fire place adds to the romance.
Bath is enormous! Lovely Molten Brown toiletries were a lovely touch.
Loved Songbirds, and would love to stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 5
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Songbirds10, Owner at Songbirds Rainforest Retreat, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks for making time to write about us... look forward to seeing you again sometime soon. Bonnie
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Hidden in the Mount Tamborine forest is this lovely spot. Dont bother using gps to find the place. Get instructions from the venue.
Well worth the effort to find.

The restaurant is unpretentious with good fresh local produce. The wines are New Zealand centric (Kiwi owners) and the gsrdens are delightful

• Stayed June 2013
Songbirds10, Owner at Songbirds Rainforest Retreat, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thanks for making time to write a review on us... there's lots of lemons and limes on the ground around the trees up in the organic garden. I hope out helped yourself to some, if not do come back and dine with us again soon with a take away bag for them.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Tamborine
#5 of 6 in North Tamborine
Escarpment Retreat
Escarpment Retreat
#1 of 2 in Mount Tamborine

Been to Songbirds Rainforest Retreat? Share your experiences!