“Unbelievable - Perfect way to get out of the dog house !!!”
Review of Lisson Grove

Lisson Grove
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in North Tamborine
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I was in a bit of trouble with the Mrs and was looking for a romantic getaway to get me out of the dog house. Well not only did I find the best place ever, not only did I have one of the best weekends ever, but I got so much credit from the Mrs ... that the dog house has officially been destroyed.

We stayed in the Abbey, which has a kind of churchy theme. It was stunning. It was cold on Mt. Tamborine (middle of winter), so I made sure the fireplace was cranked up all weekend.

Breakfast in bed the next morning was very tasty, and delivered right on time. That's the way it should be ... brekkie in bed every morning ... we can all dream can't we?

We spent Friday and Saturday night there. Heaps of cool restaurants on Mt. Tamborine and the Mrs loved all the arty farty craft stuff that was everywhere up there.

I was lucky enough to get shown through the newest building at Lisson Grove which is "The Castle". It took my breath away, and I made a booking on the spot for a few months time. I will write a review after I have stayed in there, hopefully it is as good as my original stay at Lisson Grove.

I can't recommend this place enough, perfect to get the relationship back on track.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank daddymac6969
There are newer reviews for Lisson Grove

Reviewed July 26, 2010

Friends of ours had stayed at Lisson Grove and had raved about it, so we chose to stay there for the most important holiday of a lifetime- our honeymoon. It was perfect, I can't tell you what was better: the hand delivered gourmet meals to our door; snuggling up in front of the fireplace with the complimentary Champagne; the gorgoeus decorated rooms in the cottage; the four poster bed overlooking the downstairs lounge room; the absolute privacy of the cottage and serenity of Tamborine; or the beautiful sunsets across from the cottages and the lovely walks around the area.
We have decided to come back again and again for our anniversary to stay in all the cottages.
Highly recommended for a special romantic getaway.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joandmax
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My partner and I anticipated a wonderful, relaxing couple of days in this well reviewed B&B. We didn't get it. The staff were fairly accommodating in some respects but the unit was worse than substandard. For $400 +, I wouldn't expect to get no heating, broken lights, cobwebs and dreary furniture, but we certainly did. The bathroom added to our disappointment. Dirty floors, a chipped and stained bathroom sink, and heavy mineral scale on the showerhead and hot tub jets made us wonder about the cleanliness of the unit we chose. Unfortunately it was late when we arrived, and we didn't feel like searching for alternative accommodation. Resigned, we flopped into the sofa but it bowed in the middle and we sunk into it like sardines in a can. A laminated note under one of the cushions stated that the sofa 'was broken and was awaiting repair'. Sigh.
After starting a fire, I moved the chairs closer to the fireplace to try to warm us up. Couldn't help but chuckle at the belly up, comical looking big black beetles underneath the sofa, legs in the air. I felt their resentment for dying under dirty, broken furniture, devoid of any warmth or joy.
Thought I could salvage the evening with the 'complementary' Bubbly and chocolates.. whoops! Nothing is complementary. The promise of being 'pampered' with champagne and chocolates is a false one.
When we needed our towels and firewood replenished the next day, the towels came, but we were told to get the firewood ourselves.. service with a smile. The fireplace itself is difficult to manage since there are few implements provided and the ones that are, are bent or broken. Getting an evening shower provided a pleasant surprise when we discovered the defunct, greasy brown bathmat hanging behind the door. The toilet desperately needed to be bolted down and that's all I'll willingly discuss.
To top it off, we decided not to use the bathrobes provided since we thought they hadn't been washed in a while. The 'piping hot, two course breakfasts' consist of cold mushrooms and feta on toast with a small, store bought kid box of cereal.. -definitely didn't cheer us up in the morning. And of course, my girlfriend ended up with spider bites on her elbow and inside thigh after a night in the love nest.
If this was only one unit, what are the other ones like?
After discussing our problems with the unit with the owner, she offered us a gift certificate to stay for a free third day if we chose to book for two at a later date!

Anyone want a gift certificate for Lisson Grove?

Not recommended. Do yourself a favor and find alternative accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Canuky
Reviewed April 21, 2010

My husband and I travelled to Lisson Grove for our wedding and week-long honeymoon, and it was everything we could have dreamed.

Nick met us at the front, and took a personal hand in everything.

It was absolutely beautiful, and we would go back there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jadeelyon
Reviewed February 2, 2010

My husband and I went for a weekend away at Lisson Grove, and we have to say that it is one of the best places that we have ever stayed. The cottages are absolutely gorgeous, surrounded by amazing gardens. We stayed in the Gamekeepers Lodge, and we really felt like we were the only ones on the mountain. The manager also showed us through one of the castles - undoubtedly the best acommodation I have ever seen! That will definately be our next choice! Fantastic breakfast, great service, utterly romantic. It's easy to see why this place has won honeymoon destination of the year so many times.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2008

Every now and then you find somewhere that is special! Lisson Grove is just that!

We met Nick the owner on his doorstep at 7.30 after arriving on the Mountain to find the place that we had booked was a disaster! Nick apologised for the other property and went out of his way to accommodate us - all in really good humor!

Lisson Grove is themed in an English tradition. The detail and layout of each room is beautifully themed, tasteful without being cluttered.

The first night we stayed in "Gables East" a great little cottage with an open fireplace, spa, neat kitchen - a very comfortable home away from home. Breakfast was two course, delivered by friendly staff one course at a time! Really magic!

Our second night was in "The Abbey" - a magnificent little chapel styled building with huge vaulted ceiling, the cutest windows and shutters you can imagine and all the mod cons; plasma screen, double spa, stand alone fireplace and a great little kitchen. Again the attention to detail was lovely, everything was sparkling clean and beautifully maintained.

Breakfast was again two course delivered separately. I won't disclose the menu items as it was a great surprise which was just fantastic and best left as just that - a great breakfast surprise!

The property is really geared for couples, romantic retreats, weddings and honeymoons. The awards that Lisson Grove have won really says so much about the quality of the property and their cheerful staff. This was a six star stay for us and we will definitely be going back in the future!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank IanW-QLD
Camelot Cottages
Camelot Cottages
#4 of 6 in North Tamborine
Mt Tamborine Stonehaven Guest House

Been to Lisson Grove? Share your experiences!