“beautiful and peaceful, we will be ging back”
Review of Lisson Grove

Lisson Grove
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in North Tamborine
Brisbane, Australia
“beautiful and peaceful, we will be ging back”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Such lovely cottages in a great locaton, like it own little village even though we didnt see any other guests the entire time we were there. Beautiful birdlife, open fireplace, wineries nearby

Room Tip: our cottage was Tir Na Nog, will stay in the Abbey next time
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chookchick

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Yamba, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2011

What a wonderful, well themed cottage. We loved the spa. The service was amazing and so was breakfast. The surrounding gardens were just spectacular too! I can't wait until next time. Thanks to the team at Lisson Grove

1 Thank Funkyshoes79
Gold Coast
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Thanks to my better half, I was taken away to an unknown destination! With my bags already packed for me we started climbing Tamborine Mt! Very happy that the week was behind me and excited to now know we were going into the mountains. We reached Lison Grove just after dark (we were running late) and thanks to nick, we already had our dinner ordered for us. We were given a torch and a map with all the hot spots mack out for us. I was keen to get out of the cold and start chilling out. We had a whole cottage to ourselves called the gamekeeper. In it was a real fire place. Sweet! The first night was one to remember! Open fire, room service, awesome girlfriend! Need I say more.
the next morning our breakfast arrived at the door. At first i was a bit shock with what i was given. a fruit crumble tart? nice but not filling. Then... the second course arrived. You beauty! Bacon & Eggs! Very satisfied. With no plans we talked about heading out for the day to see the sights. But instead we kinda got too comfortable! I grabbed some movies and yes I was happy to see they had some new releases i had not seen. Still recovering from the long week at work, This was exactly what I needed. In the room there was a huge spa bath, I mean huge! and on the veranda we were given some bird seed by the waitress at breakfast, which was cool. I'm not good with birds but these guys came staight to us while we sat on the porch! While I talking about birds, the wild life was great! whip birds in the morning, a saturn bower bird build fussing around with his nest right next to our cottage. I was told that is is quite rare. Back to the room. Everything you need is supplied. the plunger coffee in the fridge was a treat and because we stayed in the all day the cleaner came and made our bed restacked the wood supply and then so she wouldn't get in our way, get this took our dirty dishes away cleaned them somewhere else and then dropped them back clean with some fresh towels! WOW never seen that before. This place had all bases covered!
Another surprise was in store for me! I was then treated to a massage in the castle, The two of us both had a massage together in this huge castle dayspa. I didn't think i be soo relaxed. The warmth of the fire kept us from getting cold... Ordering a pizza delivered was
all that was needed. Still recovering from the huge breaky, an early night followed. the next morning another huge breaky, and a late check out was a nice touch. I didn't want ot leave. The only down fall was that we enjoyed our time together at Lisson Grove soo much we didn't get time to see much of the Mountain!! Hmmm, I gues we will just have to go back!! I recommend Lisson Grove to anyone looking for a place to do nothing but chill!!

Room Tip: don't plan too much, if you're only doing 2 nights!
2 Thank smofo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We aimed to get away to find a retreat to soothe our souls, comfort our minds and bless our bodies. It was a wonderful cottage that provided a warm and homely atmosphere much to our delight, rather than the stark and sanitized environment of a modern hotel. Our skilled host was welcoming and took extra effort to book us a table at our chosen restaurant, provided us a choice of complementary bottle of wine and ensured we were comfortable and happy with our amenities. Our idea of soothing our souls and comforting our minds was rewarded once tasting our complementary wine along with yummy chocolates that were placed on our bed and eased us into romantic conversations as we warmed ourselves by the open fire. We blessed our bodies using the spa bath with the additional bubbles and bath salts provided then wrapped ourselves in the warm and cuddly bath robes before sleeping soundly together in the comfortable and cosy bed. Our stay highlighted the next morning with a remarkably delicious breakfast of which I needed no help to consume and kept me active until dinnertime. This stay was exactly what we needed and more, I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a special occasion to connect with their companion.

Room Tip: When calling 'Lisson Grove' talk to Nick
1 Thank Stupendous66
Brisbane
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The cabins are nice enough to look at once you pass the construction site entry. Open fire was great! The water was green and smelly, so the spa bath was completely superfluous. Bathroom robes had obviously been put away while still slightly damp. The smell made them unwearable. Host was friendly and tried hard.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TrevorBNE
Brsibane
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I'm not a big online reviewer but I was really impressed by this place.
Mount Tambourine is just beautiful (only an hour away from Brisbane, yet it really feels like you have really escaped the city) and our cottage was the perfect place for us to explore from. Our accommodation was a private cottage - small but perfectly formed. Highlights were the cosy living room with the log fire and the most amazingly comfortable bed. We enjoyed plenty of good food and drink during our stay - a yummy cooked breakfast delivered to the cottage, a trip to the local winery for a great lunch (but that's another review) a glass of white in the last of the afternoon sun in the gorgeous gardens and then yet more wine in front of the fire to finish our lazy day! The next day we went for a long walk in the rain forest to try to make up for it! Despite our overindulgence we returned home feeling relaxed and revived. I put this down the fresh mountain air, the comfy bed and the amazing peace and quiet. The staff were friendly and gave us some great advice about where to go (they pointed us to the winery) but the service was not intrusive. It felt like we got away from it all for a week not a weekend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank katharineshaw
Gold Coast
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I was in a bit of trouble with the Mrs and was looking for a romantic getaway to get me out of the dog house. Well not only did I find the best place ever, not only did I have one of the best weekends ever, but I got so much credit from the Mrs ... that the dog house has officially been destroyed.

We stayed in the Abbey, which has a kind of churchy theme. It was stunning. It was cold on Mt. Tamborine (middle of winter), so I made sure the fireplace was cranked up all weekend.

Breakfast in bed the next morning was very tasty, and delivered right on time. That's the way it should be ... brekkie in bed every morning ... we can all dream can't we?

We spent Friday and Saturday night there. Heaps of cool restaurants on Mt. Tamborine and the Mrs loved all the arty farty craft stuff that was everywhere up there.

I was lucky enough to get shown through the newest building at Lisson Grove which is "The Castle". It took my breath away, and I made a booking on the spot for a few months time. I will write a review after I have stayed in there, hopefully it is as good as my original stay at Lisson Grove.

I can't recommend this place enough, perfect to get the relationship back on track.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
#5 of 9 in North Tamborine
Escarpment Retreat
Escarpment Retreat
#1 of 2 in Mount Tamborine

Been to Lisson Grove? Share your experiences!