Praiagogi Boutique Pousada
$255
$236
$77
$65
Vila de Taipa(Japaratinga)(Great Value!)
$91
$39
Pousada Vivenda Oriente(Sao Jose da Coroa Grande)
$46
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewswonderful experienceperfect placesmall hoteloceanpousadahomemaderobsonbrazillucasbeachdesertalagoasoptions
Reviewed April 25, 2009

We have been to Maragogi for 4 days. We had a magnificant chilling time! The owners Sandrijn and Fernanda 100% how to make their guests feel comfortable and relaxed. The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. The garden has relaxing beds, hangbeds and tables to enjoy the sun. The food is fresh and defenitelly not the standard cooking, all special with Brasilian and international influences. We enjoyed all of it. The pousada has a perfect location @ the wonderfull and peacefull beach of Maragogi. From the pousada you can visit all kinds of beautifull places.

Muito obrigado Fernanda & Sandrijn! We loaded our batteries again to go back to work in São Paulo!

Anne & Thijs

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Thijs-NL
Reviewed April 8, 2009

My boyfriend and I have spent quite a lot of time in Salvador. On our last visit to Brazil we wanted to travel further north and many of our Brazilian friends suggested that we visit Maceio. We were looking to stay in a pousada because they are usually less expensive and more charming than a hotel. The only pousada that we were able to find in the area was Pousada Praiagogi. It looked charming enough from the photos so we booked it and headed off on an adventurous 10hour bus ride to Maceio from Salvador. Once we were in Maceio we found out that Pousaida Praiagogi was actually a few hours outside of the city. If you decide to stay here, which you should, I would suggest leaving from Recife instead of Maceio. Upon hearing this we called the pousada to let the owners know we would be late and hopped on another bus up to Praiagogi. By the time we arrived the sun had already gone down. We hopped off of our bus (we were dropped off in front of the pousada thankfully) and were met by two big smiles from the owners of the pousada. Fernanda and Sandrijn were waiting outside of the pousada for the bus to make sure that we found them.

When we were given a tour of the pousada we fell in love immediately. It is an ocean front property on a private beach. There are canopy beds outside and hammocks that face the ocean. The owners make dinner for the guests, never more than 8, every night and the food was some of the best I have ever eaten. One night Sandrijn made shrimp stuffed avocadoes in a mango chutney and another night he made a seafood risotto with ingredients caught earlier in the day on or snorkeling trip. The beach is calm and beautiful. We loved the fact that at dinner each night the conversations were lively even though we were all communicating in different languages. Native English speakers that spoke Portuguese translated for Portuguese speakers and those that spoke Dutch translated for the rest. Everyone was so friendly.

I feel like I am rambling because well I am, but words can't really describe just how amazing this pousada is. Our experience at Pousada Praiagogi is one that I will always cherish. Sandrijn and his wife were such friendly people. They were open and warm and during our stay I always felt welcome. The beach town of Praigogi and the pousada are so beautiful that you will probably spend very little time in your room, except when romance calls. My boyfriend and I made a pact to come back 5 years after our first visit if we are still together. Can't wait for January 2012.

The only thing I will mention is that they do not accept debit or credit cards as a method of payment. They are only used to reserve your room. We didn't know that when we arrived and on the day of checkout had to get a ride into town to go to an ATM. Bring money with you or talk to Sandrijn a day ahead of time to get a ride into town to go to an ATM. Also, food and drink are not included in your room rate. Breakfast is included. Dinner runs at close to $27 a night and the price of water and beer were comparable to what you would pay at any brazilian restaurant. It was about 1 real for water and 2.5 reals for cerveja.

I love love love this place. You will too. Thank you again Fernanda and Sandrijn for such a wonderful experience.

Chas & Amber

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I spent 9 days at Pousada Praiagogi and I love it! Fernanda and Sandrijn have done a wonderful job with the place. It is right in front of a peaceful beach and has a beautiful and relaxing garden. The rooms, as well as the hotel, are very well decorated in clean tones. It feels like the whole place was meant to make us feel relaxed. I definitely forgot about life! Besides that, I have never experienced such incredible service before! It was wonderful to have breakfast anywhere, anytime! Fernanda wouldn't stop "spoiling" me, while Chef Sandrijn prepared the superb yummiest dishes. I highly recommend it and hope to come back soon!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Pousada Praiagogi is absolutely wonderful and the ideal place for a romantic holiday and/or calm getaway! We were there for 3 days/2 nights in the beginning of January and our only regret was not being there for a longer period! The service/staff is impeccable – Fernanda and Sandrijn were at our disposal all the time and, with their friendliness, it is impossible not to consider them as friends after staying there! In addition, Sandrijn is an excellent cook and every dish he makes is so exquisite and tasteful that we decided to eat there every meal! Breakfast in the garden is something you shouldn’t miss. The view is also unique, of a total beauty and peaceful, and the beach could perfectly be a scenario for movies of paradise beaches’, of its coconut and palm trees, the smooth sand and the blue-indigo and warm sea. Rooms are very comfortable and all the décor is synonymous of relax and very good taste. Therefore, everything matches for a perfect holiday! The Pousada Praiagogi also organizes boat trips to the coral reef but quite differently of the crowded tourist boats that you usually get. After staying there, going to a resort is absolutely out of question!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pedrojord
Reviewed December 20, 2008

I spent six glorious days with Fernanda and Sandrijn at their fabulous pousada . They are so warm and friendly you instantly feel as though you are with long time friends. The pousada is lovely, with bright pink bougainvillea blossoms climbing its white washed walls. The rooms, decorated in white and fresh apple green, have all the comforts of home. Crisp linens, fluffy pillows and a bed that wraps you like a lovely silk cocoon .Every night, I found myself anticipating what was sure to be a fabulous dinner. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

I am counting the days until I can return again.

Robyn