All reviews her daughter big garden beautiful garden other guests mendoza area wine country sara pilgrims patio medialunas proprietor property bike wineries dogs hosts warmth
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

The owner, Sara, gave us the warmest of welcomes when we arrived, setting the standard for the whole stay! We stayed for a week and loved every second. Clean, spacious rooms with ensuite. Beautiful, well taken care of and relaxing garden. Good location in Chacras de Coria, close to a small supermarket and about 2 km to beer gardens, small boutiques and center of Chacras de Coria. Owner Sara and her staff were very service minded and made us feel like part of the family :)

We would stay here again without a doubt!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sara G, Propietario at Pilgrim's Rest, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

I am very happy that the peaceful and happy days passed, enjoying our beloved garden.
Our doors will always be open waiting for your next visit

warm greetings

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

What an absolute gem of a hotel! My mom and I traveled to Mendoza and liked the look of Chacras de Coria so we went with that area. After doing plenty of research, like I always do, it didn’t take long for me to decide on Pilgrim’s. I fell in love with the idea of having a pool as we’re both swimmers and the garden area with the Turkish style haram for guests to sit at in the shade is sublime. We immediately were greeted by the host and owner, Sara, we felt how warm she is right away.

Our room was great, pretty large with air conditioning if we needed it, and a shower and tiled stylishly bathroom with toiletries. We looked out at the garden, such a treat. The shaded patio area lined with comfy seating and lovely plants and flowers that Sara and her family have grown over the years is an oasis for the reader or the gazer at the garden. It’s so very peaceful.

There is not a restaurant on site for lunch or dinner but the included breakfast with the room was good and plenty and it’s served in an open window room looking at the garden. She offers fruit, fresh juice and coffee, eggs to be made to your liking, cereal, and modest pastries. If you need more than that (!!!), that’s on you.

How can I not mention Sara’s little dogs! They’re part of this great place, they put a smile on my face daily and are adorable.

This hotel is about a 30 minute walk into the town center of Chacras. If you want to quickly get around and prefer a car or bike, there are rental places. That didn’t bother us (or other guests) as you can take cabs organized by Sara or at times she is even kind enough to drive you into the town!

For the wine enthusiasts, Sara is also quite helpful at suggesting and even working with get various friends and contacts to organize wine tours and lunches so you can try local wines. It’s best to research and plan yourself but Sara can guide you.

I’m not sure that I’ll get back to Mendoza again as I’m from cold Boston and have other destinations to tackle, but if I did, I would for sure stay at Pilgrim’s Rest!

Sara, feel free to use any of my photos on the website if you’d like some new pics.

Laura

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Laura
I can not stop thanking the comments on our house, it was a pleasure to receive them and I thank you for your words of praise about me and especially for this beloved place.
I hope you have the opportunity to return to Mendoza, it would be a pleasure to receive them at the time you have
Affectionately

Reviewed November 10, 2017

A huge welcome hug from Sara when we arrived. Beautiful and tranquil gardens with lots of outdoor seating areas surrounded by vines, roses and lavender.
This is a very boutique hotel with a homely atmosphere which is a welcome, restful place to stay.
I would highly recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sara G, Propietario at Pilgrim's Rest, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

I am very happy to have shared with you these days and happy because they have been comfortable and in family

Reviewed May 7, 2017

Hotel has a wonderful garden in a beautiful neighborhood with plenty of great wineries within a few minutes drive. It is also a great place to start a walk towards city center. Friendly staff made us truly feel at home.

Date of stay: May 2017
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sara G, Propietario at Pilgrim's Rest, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2017

Thank you very much for your comments, it was a great pleasure to attend to them and to feel part of our beloved town, Chacras de Coria. Enjoying the beautiful wineries that are the pride of Lujan and the heritage of Mendoza

Reviewed April 22, 2017

The palce is wonderful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The owner is really nice. The place has a beautiful garden to stay the hole day enjoying nature. You need a car to come and go to central square.

Date of stay: April 2017
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing those beautiful days with us. Their comments help us to try to improve day by day, to deserve each one of them.
I send you a warm greeting