I wanted to have all my Mendoza hotel reservations done before leaving home. We were to spend 5 nights. I had already booked the first two nights and wanted to stay in Chacras for the next 3 nights. Lares de Chacras was my choice, but could not find a vacancy through the internet sites, so I contact them directly. Front desk answered immediately, turn out they did have a room left.
We chose Chacras de Coria to be able to have easy access to the highway. We had discovered some Bodegas had restaurants with wine pairing menu, so we planned our day to have lunch out. We rented a car (to set our own schedule) with GPS and got location coordinates when making reservations. We traveled to Valle de Uco and visited “futuristic “ Bodega OFurnier, loved their AlfaCrux malbec. Had a wonderful private lunch in the terrace of Bodega Andeluna, (we were the only ones there), appreciated their Altitud malbec. Also enjoyed Melipal’s wine pairing menu with only malbec wines.
Lares de Chacras is small and very attractive hotel with wood ceilings and bright tiles. Our room #5 was spacious in the second floor with King bed and sliding doors to a big terrace overlooking the pool. Every evening I would check my email here, wifi worked great! Bathroom was ample with a full-size jacuzzi with plenty of light from the window. Delicious free breakfast was served buffet style with eggs cooked to order, fresh fruit and all kinds of breads and cookies. I especially liked café con leche they prepared in the kitchen. This is their GPS location: 32 ° 59’22 “S (latitud) 68 ° 53’03 “W (longitude)
The location is close to town for me to be able to walk around. Always felt safe. Small plaza will be active until 8 PM. It always amazes me how beautiful the streets are lined up with tall trees at each side. Yes, each house has a dog that barks constantly, but it never bothered me in my room, my ear plugs are my constant companion in all my travels. They had a secure covered parking area for our rental. It was a treat getting a discount paying hotel bill in cash.
Lares de Chacras is a peaceful serene boutique hotel that will charm you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lares de Chacras is a classic country style boutique hotel, located in Chacras de Coria, a small and picturesque village situated 15 km away from downtown Mendoza, where our guest can easily access to several restaurants and shops that cater to all tastes.Our "casona" is a space that combines comfort and simplicity in a natural and healthy environment. The hotel consists of 10 rooms, point that assures an intimate atmosphere for all our guests.The hotel boasts an innovative wine cellar which our guests can access in order to choose the best wine to pair a regional dinner in our restaurant. After a day touring the wine regions or The Andes, we invite you to enjoy our swimming pool with a hot tub or you can relax with a drink at our wine bar next to the play room with pool table.Our spacious and comfortable rooms will let you enjoy and feel at home. The rooms combines country style and the services the guests need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Lares de Chacras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lares De Chacras Hotel Chacras De Coria
- Lares De Chacras Chacras De Coria, Mendoza, Argentina