First of all I need to personally thank Alberto and his family for everything he did for us during our stay. He really made our Honeymoon in Mendoza very special and worry free.
Things in Argentina did not go as smooth as we wanted at the onset of our trip. Leaving Chile we learned of a full country strike in Argentina, leaving the airport in Mendoza closed for the day. We unfortunately had to stay another night in Santiago (not so bad) and when we contacted Alberto he was so understanding of our plight. We had missed our cancelation date, but in such a kind and understanding way, allowed us to cancel for the night without any charge.
Once we got to Case Glebinias we knew we had chosen the right place in Mendoza. The grounds are so unbelievable lush you would never think you were in the suburbs of Mendoza. Usually when I see pictures of a hotel that look fantastic, and then arrive at the location I am somewhat disappointed as they done in a way to make things look better than they may actually be, but Casa Glebinias is even more beautiful and lush then it appears in there pictures. Rooms were very clean and well appointed, including a small wet bar and kitchen area perfect for a snack and bottle of wine.
We were obviously in Mendoza to try all the fine wine and food this town has to offer and Alberto really made this very easy. He set up two days of Wine tours with an English speaking guide that was fantastic (ask for David if you can). He was also a great help in making dinner reservation and helping with transportation where we needed to go. The personal touches were overwhelming!
A few points about the place to be aware. You are in a small suburb of Mendoza so you are not very close to downtown, although the town center is within walking distance. After coming from Santiago, this was perfect and exactly what we needed. There are a lot of dogs barking but this is true of anywhere in South America, so you should not be surprised. Make sure to walk into town on the well lite road. Some great shops and restaurants that are easy and cheap. Finally, you can hear your neighbors a bit from inside your rooms, but nothing out of the ordinary for a hotel.
When we come back to Mendoza, which I hope is very soon, we would never think of staying anywhere else. I usually like to try new things, but with this hotel, I can really say we found something special.
Hunter and Sarah Lindley
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cozy hotel run by its owners, at the foot of the Andes, on one of the Wine Roads and close to important cultural, commercial, gastronomic, and sports centres. Its country house style and original works of art join with the colourful vegetation of a vast park, creating a comfortable, intimate and elegant atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa Glebinias reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Glebinias Hotel Chacras De Coria
- Casa Glebinias Chacras De Coria, Mendoza, Argentina