We just stayed four nights, had time to form fair impressions I think. The positives are very many and range from the beautiful gardens with many seating and lounging areas throughout, to the super quaint, well conceived and well executed casitas, to the gracious, energetic, geneuinely interested-in-you hosts. I could not agree more with all of these repeated themes in reviews.
Like most anyplace, though, experiences can also be influenced by factors simply not in the control of the proprietor but that do still influence the experience. In the case of Casa Glebinias, which has many high end gated properties, for me that other factor was the annoyance and night time sleep interference, of numerous episodically and at least one nearly constantly (truly, for hours and two properties away) barking dogs. Some are strays, others are hyper and bored "guard" dogs inside gates -- based on my AM runs around the 'hood.
Alberto and I discussed this amicably as mutual dog owners and lovers -- it is what it is, and reflects many societal things of course. So I do not say this as any criticism of a fantastic property, but I do say it as ons of those things that does contribute to, and for me, detracted from, the experience. if you suspect this might also get to your travel party I at least recommend good ear plugs or your noise canceling headphones. Simply closing windows didn't do it for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cozy hotel run by its owners, at the foot of the Andes, on one of the Wine Roads and close to important cultural, commercial, gastronomic, and sports centres. Its country house style and original works of art join with the colourful vegetation of a vast park, creating a comfortable, intimate and elegant atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Casa Glebinias reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Glebinias Hotel Chacras De Coria
- Casa Glebinias Chacras De Coria, Mendoza, Argentina