This was our fourth hotel in a short tour of northern Argentina. On arrival, there was no big hotel sign, just a gateway in a hedge. Then you emerge into a large, informal, reception room, with smiling staff.
The main part of the hotel is like a large colonial style house, nothing modern but all in very good order and lots of nice decorative touches. The general style is contemporary eclectic. with a dash of folk. Our room, in the main house, was spacious and well equippped, and our bed was large and comfortable, with nice linen.
The gardens are luscious and well tended, with pools and running water. Out towards the swimming pool are some more rooms in what is probably a new building, but it merges with the old very well. The beautiful blue swimming pool with lots of terrace space overlooks their own vines.
A special feature is the indoor/outdoor 'wine cafe' open each evening. After a big Argentinian lunch, it was great to be able to order a wine and cheese snack in the evening and meet some other guests.
The staff were efficient and keen to please, without being in any way obsequious. They arranged a day trip for us, and guide Nicolas Hughes (www.malbecexperience.com) took us up to the Chilean border taking in the foothills of Aconcagua en-route.
Finca Adalgisa is app 20 mins low-cost taxi ride from the city of Mendoza, a truly beautifual city, with lots to see and enjoy. The hotel is on a tree lined village road, and it's easy to walk int the village where there are several restaurants to choose from.
This hotel is one of the few we've visited around the world that we'd truly like to visit again some time.
Any suggestions for improvement? Only one - to please English tourists, they might like to learn to make tea the English way, with boiling water from the kettle straight onto black tea leaves in the pot. But, that's really a very minor thing.
This hotel is truly excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Adalgisa is an early 20th-century manor house and vineyard estate in the heart of Mendoza wine-growing region of Argentina. It is a charming family home converted in 2001 into the first boutique wine hotel and winery in Mendoza. Our guests are warmly welcomed as new friends and our home is your home. We have a relaxing and informal environment where things can be arranged spontaneously. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Adalgisa Boutique Hotel And Winery By Bodega Furlotti
- Finca Adalgisa Mendoza
- Finca Adalgisa Hotel Mendoza
- Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery Chacras De Coria, Mendoza, Argentina