“A gentle, charming, welcoming hotel”

Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery
Reviewed February 14, 2010

This was our fourth hotel in a short tour of northern Argentina. On arrival, there was no big hotel sign, just a gateway in a hedge. Then you emerge into a large, informal, reception room, with smiling staff.
The main part of the hotel is like a large colonial style house, nothing modern but all in very good order and lots of nice decorative touches. The general style is contemporary eclectic. with a dash of folk. Our room, in the main house, was spacious and well equippped, and our bed was large and comfortable, with nice linen.
The gardens are luscious and well tended, with pools and running water. Out towards the swimming pool are some more rooms in what is probably a new building, but it merges with the old very well. The beautiful blue swimming pool with lots of terrace space overlooks their own vines.
A special feature is the indoor/outdoor 'wine cafe' open each evening. After a big Argentinian lunch, it was great to be able to order a wine and cheese snack in the evening and meet some other guests.
The staff were efficient and keen to please, without being in any way obsequious. They arranged a day trip for us, and guide Nicolas Hughes (www.malbecexperience.com) took us up to the Chilean border taking in the foothills of Aconcagua en-route.
Finca Adalgisa is app 20 mins low-cost taxi ride from the city of Mendoza, a truly beautifual city, with lots to see and enjoy. The hotel is on a tree lined village road, and it's easy to walk int the village where there are several restaurants to choose from.
This hotel is one of the few we've visited around the world that we'd truly like to visit again some time.
Any suggestions for improvement? Only one - to please English tourists, they might like to learn to make tea the English way, with boiling water from the kettle straight onto black tea leaves in the pot. But, that's really a very minor thing.
This hotel is truly excellent.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 12, 2010

This was a real find. Located in a quiet neighborhood about 15 km south of Mendoza, it is a great starting off point for touring the wine country, Maipu, Uco Valley, etc.. The rooms are bordering on luxurious for a small B&B, and breakfasts are excellent. I recommend the stone house rooms asa they are a bit nicer and away from the road. Finca is in a semi-rural neighborhood. Unless you have organized tours arranged, a car is almost essential. There is a small neighborhood village with restaurants within a fairly easy walk. they do supply bikes, but the roads are narrow and well traveled.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim K
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Finca Adalgisa is an amazing place in every way. We were referred by our friends that had stayed there last year. If you do stay here, plan a lot of time to relax on the grounds and for walking and riding bicycles to the nearby town. The staff is amazing and there is nothing that we can say to offer any improvements. They simply take care of anything... just ask. Oh, and their wine and the patio - no matter how long you stay in AR this will be a part of the trip you will always recall as being some of the best times you've had.
Tell Bingo and the others we say "hola choco."

1  Thank pmcaleer
Reviewed December 19, 2009

There's not much more I can add that others haven't already said- but this really is such a lovely, special place in an amazing setting. I loved floating in the pool looking out at the vines and pretending it was my own.

My husband and I traveled with two babies under two and the staff doted on them and went out of their way to make sure we were ok. We booked a rafting trip through them and Carolina who works in the winery babysat the babies one day. I would highly recommend her. She was very sweet.

We were only there for two nights and wished it was more. We didn't go over to do the included tasting until the 2nd night and wished we had done it the first night because it was so nice to watch the sunset over the vineyard with a bottle of wine and cheese. The first night we ordered the cheese plate for two, meat plate and veggie plate (so fresh and amazing). They changed it to a cheese plate for one b/c they felt it would be too much cheese which was nice and it was the perfect amount. The menu is limited but everything was done well.

It was an easy stay as everyone spoke English and went out of their way to help. The grounds were well cared for and very clean. The rooms were simple but great as well. There are no tvs in the rooms but wifi throughout the premises. The breakfast is simple but everything is homeade and delicious. They even freshly made apple juice for my son.

I am an extremely light sleeper and I was worried about postings I had seen about barking dogs- it wasn't a problem at all.

I would recommend to anyone- except those who may have a fear/allergy to big dogs or cats who wander the premises. All were sweet and extremely well behaved- even around a toddler.

When booking- just note that they only seem to respond to emails once a day in the morning. If you are planning far in advance it's not a problem- but we kept changing our dates. They will coordinate the wine tours for you. I was very nervous about things being booked up- but at least for this time of year- it would have been fine to book once you are there. Ask about a discount if you pay in cash.

Bikes are available to go into town- it's only about a 5 minute ride. Note- restaurants & shops are all closed in the afternoon- siesta is observed. We had hoped to get a bite to eat as the menu at the pool is limited. We only found one small place open at about 3 p.m.

Finca is wonderful place to stay. While an expensive hotel, it really was a quality small boutique hotel. We'll have to come back for a romantic stay without our babies in the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank julieod
Reviewed December 16, 2009

My husband and I just returned from my business trip to Argentina. We enjoyed the grounds, pool area and the room size. Staff was engaging and helpful. The best restaurant is an easy walk down the street -- El Patio de Jesus Maria -- we liked it so much we ate there both nights during our stay.

I am a dog lover and as an added bonus the 2 German Shepherds and Bernese Mountain dog were fun companions during the stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Finca Adalgisa for the last 3 nights of our honeymoon; I wish we had more time. Although it was a challenge to locate, once we found it, the grounds were lovely and the service was second to none. We went to the bodega the first night, exhausted from our day of travel and were served a bottle of the Finca's Malbec, which we loved, and a substantial cheese tray. We also ordered the veggie plate, grilled veggies were delicious. The wine and cheese are given to every guest as part of the stay, we only paid for the vegetable plate...perfect!

When we returned to our rooms, the bed was turned down and there were fresh bottles of water on each of the night stands. By the way, bottled water, lemonade by the pool, wi-fi...all included. I love a hotel that does not charge for every little thing!

We did not plan our wine tasting, and the hotel planned our entire day for us while we enjoyed the simple, but nice breakfast in the dining room. I cannot say enough about the service. They were fluent in English (although I love to practice my Spanish) and went out of their way to accommodate our every request.

Not only would I recommend this hotel to a friend, I already have. And my husband and I look forward to returning for our 5th (or 10th) anniversary.

Reviewed December 10, 2009

Staying at this small hotel is like staying at the guest home of a wonderful friend - if your friend had a guest home and owned a small vineyard.

Finca Adalgisa is perfect in just about every way possible for those looking to get away to the wine country. The staff is incredible - they helped us coordinate our bodega visits and restaurant reservations (actually, they both recommended and then made the reservations), they were extremely friendly, and patiently helped us with any problems we had.

Every detail of the estate hotel is first-class. Everything is perfectly set up so that guests can simply relax and depend on the excellent staff to coordinate all guest needs.

You can expect chilled water by your bed every night, free wifi access, a bottle of Finca Adalgisa's delicious Malbec to greet you upon a visit to the bodega, beautiful and aromatic surroundings and the friendliest people of any hotel staff in the world.

Quite simply the best hotel experience I have ever had. My wife and I hope to celebrate many anniversaries here!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chacras de Coria
9 mi away
Cavas Wine Lodge
Cavas Wine Lodge
#1 of 4 in Lujan de Cuyo

Been to Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel, Vineyard & Winery? Share your experiences!