OK...we've read all of the other reviews with open-minds..my BF was at the resort 14 yrs ago and just loved it!! so away we go on Jan 12th, 2011...the flight was longer than anticipated...the drive to the resort was hmmmm..little scary..but our driver Hector was great...when we arrived at the resort I had concerns as it was not very busy..Our room 404 was great..just no elevators..(and 60 stairs everytime!!)..and had a great view.>Id recommend rooms 01-09 as these are on the tennis court side and are very quiet..Ive read people complaining about the noise..but you cannot hear the noise from the main stage from this side of the resort...just the pounding surf! Our room was suffice..the 2 dbl beds were hard..(no boxspring) but I was leary as there are no smoke detectors or alarms....and it was a long drop!! We negotiated a rate for a Junior Suite on the ground floor..Rm #110....($20 ea/nght) and were extremely happy...the food was decent...im not overly picky and came away full from every meal...the lunch at the beach bar..(burgers, hot dogs and fries...) were incredibly tasty for some reason....the italian restaurant....(1 reservation per week) is great...you can have one reservation..but it doesnt limit you to the number of people in your party...we befriended 2 other couples...and joined in on their reservation...and in turn shared our reservation with them...giving us 2 great dinners at the restaurant..highly recommended!!
No pressures to tip at the bars or buffets/restaurants (i think we spent maybe $60 for the week)....geniunely nice mexican people...I enjoyed the company of the locals....they were families laughing and having alot of fun...truly enjoying themselves....
the beach was exceptional....bring a boogie-board if you are so inclined as there are only 2 at the sports center...the surf is incredible...we did kayak..however the waves/rollers are quite dangerous....you need to be aware of your surroundings everytime..snorkling is limited..unfortunately...we watched a few shows..which the employees try very hard and train to entertain..but it was cool at night (about 18 degrees) and we were usually spent from the sunshine...we did not make it once to the disco...not quite our speed...for price point...this place is hands down a winner...the beach, sand, surf and treatment from the staff are exceptional....and....mainly....super-safe....the resort is about 3 miles off the main road and you have to cross 2 gated areas prior to entry...security monitor the entire resort day and night....you need a pass to get thur the gates to leave!!!! we did not do any excursions this time..opted for the glorious room upgrade instead!! email me for more details!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star all inclusive resort located in the idyllic beaches of Tenacatita Bay, in Mexico's famed Costalegre, only 45 minutes from Manzanillo's Airport. Fulfill your dreams and connect with nature..take a jungle riverboat ride through the magical world of pristine mangroves or go horseback riding along our extensive beach. A haven of fun and relaxation for nature lovers and lovers of all kinds! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Angeles Locos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Los Angeles Locos Hotel Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Club Los Angeles Locos
- Blue Bay Village